Match Review Thread - Daniher 4.1 25 def. Rich 3.5 23

Half the team not Afl standard and the rest basically over 29 or under 50 games.

4 games to go

Geeze I hope we persist with McKenna on the HBF. Showed more exciting glimpses tonight. With Dempsey cooked, Hibberd a likely departure and Tippa a likely fwd, we desperately need someone of his ilk rebounding / breaking lines.
That maybe Morgan, but, ATM I’m more than happy to keep giving him games into next year. that flat bullet 55m pass to Joe in the last was sizzling.

Daniher absolutely took talia, who is a all australian defender to the cleaners

When Daniher isn’t being completely molested by his opponent he is a force.

Daniher absolutely took talia, who is a all australian defender to the cleaners

Fix his kicking. Will monster sides. Everything else is there.

Walla needs a brk I reckon. Seems a bit off.

Tippa has been very ordinary for weeks. But i wont say that too loud for fear of backlash

He’s got a future, but he needs to stop disappearing for 70% of the game

Walla needs a brk I reckon. Seems a bit off.

Yep first year of AFL and is just showing signs of fatigue. Give him a week off

Tippa has been very ordinary for weeks. But i wont say that too loud for fear of backlash

Teams have been putting some time into stopping his influence I reckon and has suffered. with another pre season under his belt and better players around him he will improve.

Sorry HH, but I’m on board the commentator hate. Dwayne is a ■■■■■■■■ of epic proportions.

Joe Dan impresses me no end. You can see on his face that the kicking is getting him down but he keeps presenting, keeps clunking and he is still nailing goals.

Plenty of negs, but still a few positives. Even though it was called high, I loved that big Francis tackle. Big boy went boom!

Teams have been putting some time into stopping his influence I reckon and has suffered. with another pre season under his belt and better players around him he will improve.

I think it’s mostly due to fatigue though, he has had to work a stack on his fitness so probably a safe assumption it still isn’t quite where it needs to be, a lot of 1 armed tackles today made me think it’s fatigue and maybe a week off not the worst idea

Tippa can show fatigue, he’s been leading the pack of first year players all year by a country margin

Parish wow

Leuey was on fire in the first even before jacobs went down, taps smorgasboard.

Expected that sort of loss.

This is what you get when you leave dempsey and zaka in after 2 weeks of terrible games. This sort of stupid behaviour makes me question if we have a decent coach or not, Zaka had 9 possessions 1 tackle to the end of the 3rd quarter.

My fav Dwayne Russell quote tonight was “Dea grabbed by the foot. Probably a free kick.”
Probably…WTF

Backline is kind of slow. Obviously we really miss those who are out.
Even getting just Hep back will make a huge diference in the middle.
Forwards are coming along nicely.

I’m glad we experimenting even if it doesn’t always work.

Looking good next year.

I want to know who in the reserves could have come in and done better?

If we’re developing, why is polkinghorne playing instead of someone like Redman (for example). I know we can’t “gift” games but has polkinghorne form in the 2s been that good?

WOW THANKS AFL HIGHLIGHTS FOR SHOWING THAT 1 JOE DAN GOAL

Ends with out showing our last 3 goals

Pathetic company.

If we’re developing, why is polkinghorne playing instead of someone like Redman (for example). I know we can’t “gift” games but has polkinghorne form in the 2s been that good?

How has Jackson Merrett been going in the VFL? I still think he is talented enough to make it. I’d sooner give games to him than Polkinghorne.

My fav Dwayne Russell quote tonight was "Dea grabbed by the foot. Probably a free kick." Probably......WTF

Mine was, and I can’t remember the exact wording but Raz was lining up for goal with about 1min 40sec left in the 1st and Dwayne said something along the lines of “Fantasia to have the last say for the quarter”.

How has Jackson Merrett been going in the VFL? I still think he is talented enough to make it. I’d sooner give games to him than Polkinghorne.

We’re picking two players. Redman would be no better than Polkinhorne and he might be back in next week anyway. Jackson has been poor I agree but we don’t have much more.