Match Review Thread - Ess 7.12 54 def. Franklin 6.3 39

Isaac Heeney is probably one of, if not my number one most hated players in the AFL.

The bloke himself has done 0 wrong but he typifies how fkg inept and managed the AFL has made the league.

That the Swans can win the flag, get the worst first round pick in the draft, and get the best player in the whole FKN thing using that pick for NO reason other than that he hails from a particular area (a right which is arbitrarily afforded to only one other club in the comp) and he plays rd 1 the next year, slots straight in, INSTANTLY improves them, and he is a fkg gun makes me fkn spew.

He kicked 5 against us today. It’s a joke.

It’d be nice if we could just see a little more reward for some great effort out there. Nailing set shots and gettable shots. When a great piece of play results in an easy miss it must take some wind out of their sails.

Some solid performances today. Zaka is blowing my mind this year, and the way guys like Tippa, Hartley, and Brown have cemented their places is wonderful to see.

Only a player re-signing can erase this performance.
Just watch 360 on Thursday night.

Or play golf with someones Dad.

The post-game parma at the Captain Cook was quality. Thanks to wasaharvsfansasakid.

I played golf this morning as I always do on a Saturday morning.

No gossip - but I bought an Essendon golf bag & umbrella a couple of years ago at the height of the saga.

Someone asked me this morning why I don’t cover it up.

Simply told them I show it with pride and gave a threatening look to show I mean what I say.

He wasn’t the first. He won’t be the last.

Not one has said a word or challenged me since.

I have also even had a a couple people quietly say to me they admire how I support my team. Doesn’t happen often though.

personally i consider this a win, well within the confines of this seasons shitstorm that is our season.

We stayed with them for the first half, which is the key. Second half well kids and misfits just ran out of puff so you can’t say much bad about that, it is what it is.

I’ve said it before but i don’t think there’s much to gain from dropping daniher, he’s not gonna cop the same crap he does at vfl level, with the holding and man handling.
but on performance alone he has to be dropped now. when you’re 200 cm’s, pretty much a stick and you’re trying to run through players, and kick on your opposite footy when you can barely kick well on your left.
he’s gotta start playing within his limitations, to which he isn’t atm.

The rest, it is what it is and it’s not gonna get any better this year, so as long as they put in the effort in the first half, and not get blown away in the first 20 mins, i consider that a win IMO.

For those who weren’t at the game, TV highlighted what looked like Goddard and the bench having a spray at each other. Didn’t agree with commentary though that ‘Goddard being the captain should run it as he sees’, but to me that would mean there are two sets of instructions out there. Our fans were also more vocal than the locals so great job there!

Dempsey and Bags were good tonight but I find it odd that Dempsey trains the whole season forward then comes in and plays back for his first game, then again in second and moves Bags forward… I can’t figure that out.

Only thing I can make from all this is that perhaps we are really looking at next year, playing some players in different positions (Zerrett played back a fair bit today). Maybe Sheedy has had a word? Daniher at full back next week?

No gossip - but I bought an Essendon golf bag & umbrella a couple of years ago at the height of the saga.

Simply told them I show it with pride and gave a threatening look to show I mean what I say.

I have also even had a a couple people quietly say to me they admire how I support my team. Doesn’t happen often though.

Fantastic story!

One of the suspended 12 was having a lesson yesterday at my local private club. He is a member as is one of the non suspended 12.

He looks in fantastic shape and I’m looking forward to him coming back.

Best 80 point loss I’ve ever seen.

The post-game parma at the Captain Cook was quality. Thanks to wasaharvsfansasakid.

hey DJR that’s how we look after our interstate Bombers
Sorry Koala I even bought you a drink before your flight but you’d flown
Post game at the captain cook you’d have thought we’d won

■■■■ I hate getting fuckibg beat by a fuckibg expansion club who has to put the words to their club song on the fkn scoreboard just so their loyal menbers can singalong

How were the chips with the Parma djr?

What I don't understand is we were good in the first half and then complete poo in the second half. It's almost like the coaching staff got out coached after half time and they didn't have a plan b.

Just maybe we don’t have the cattle to compete with the likes of Sydney for 4 qtrs. I don’t see how the coaches are at fault when we have half a side that are no tup to AFL standard. We are missing Jobe, Hep, Hooker, Hurley, Hibbert, Colyer, Hocking, Bellchambers and Stants.

I reckon we just may have competed for 4 qtrs with those guys playing…but what would I know?

Blame the coaches

What I don't understand is we were good in the first half and then complete poo in the second half. It's almost like the coaching staff got out coached after half time and they didn't have a plan b.

Just maybe we don’t have the cattle to compete with the likes of Sydney for 4 qtrs. I don’t see how the coaches are at fault when we have half a side that are no tup to AFL standard. We are missing Jobe, Hep, Hooker, Hurley, Hibbert, Colyer, Hocking, Bellchambers and Stants.

I reckon we just may have competed for 4 qtrs with those guys playing…but what would I know?

Blame the coaches

We were playing the best contested ball midfield competition missing our entire inside mid contingent (Watson, Heppell, Myers, Hocking, Howlett) and our best run & link mid (Stanton - although Zaka may well take this mantle).

And we lost a top up mid (Simpkin) circa qtr time when he was having a good game.

The fact that we’ve been able to re-build at least a semi-competitive midfield in under 4 months is quite frankly remarkable.

How were the chips with the Parma djr?
Chips were above grade too. Though I can't say I ate all the scrappy ones or the greens... had to run down a plane.

Fantastic story!

One of the suspended 12 was having a lesson yesterday at my local private club. He is a member as is one of the non suspended 12.

He looks in fantastic shape and I’m looking forward to him coming back.

Ok I’ve thought about it and you’ve got me.
Who are the non suspended 12?

Isaac Heeney is probably one of, if not my number one most hated players in the AFL.

The bloke himself has done 0 wrong but he typifies how fkg inept and managed the AFL has made the league.

That the Swans can win the flag, get the worst first round pick in the draft, and get the best player in the whole FKN thing using that pick for NO reason other than that he hails from a particular area (a right which is arbitrarily afforded to only one other club in the comp) and he plays rd 1 the next year, slots straight in, INSTANTLY improves them, and he is a fkg gun makes me fkn spew.

Add to the fact that Buddy essentially signs a contract which takes up the entirety of the “go home factor” salary cap allowance too. Just love the AFL and all of this cow dung.

How are you hitting them though

Add to the fact that Buddy essentially signs a contract which takes up the entirety of the “go home factor” salary cap allowance too. Just love the AFL and all of this cow dung.

Also took Mills at pick 3 last year it’s a joke.

Also took Mills at pick 3 last year it’s a joke.

Not worth getting too upset about… any Essendon side playing up there is already 30 points down before they start due to the two sets of rules in play. Then you can take into account that we are taking a shell of a football team up there.

I see a lot of players that are really trying their best who are just quite simply overmatched. Then they get thrown into an unlevel playing field on top of it… it is disheartening to see how cynical I have become about the game and it is hard to see most of our matches as little more than exhibitions right now, though no fault of our players. In retrospect I might be a little too hard on some of the top up guys, but I think that is still more an expression of my own personal anger that we are in this situation to begin with.

I only hope the experience does become beneficial going forward… when these kids get to play in a real football side next year, hopefully they will quickly grow in confidence.

Paying dues is a ■■■■■… hopefully there’s some kind of good waiting for us at the end of all this.