Match Review Thread - Ess 7.12 54 def. Franklin 6.3 39

Sydney player takes on three blokes and either fends off high or drops the ball

“Play on.”

Essendon player takes ball and has barely any time to get rid of it

“Holding the ball.”

Really sums up how today went. I also learnt that every other team is allowed to blatantly throw the ball to their teammates with no punishment and if any Essendon player legitimately handballs then there is still a possibility it will be called a throw.

In all seriousness you saw the team collapse with Danihers fuckups again… just drop him for the love of god. Also Redman needs time in the twos.

Only a player re-signing can erase this performance.
Just watch 360 on Thursday night.

Or earlier!!

Who comes back in

Parish
Langford

I guess simpkin s out

I know it’s hard to watch, but just keep thinking, another week down until we start a new season. Just keep finding little positives that eases the pain.
Over to Melb next weekend to watch them play the Roos, maybe we get them on an off week:) Can only hope! Hope to see some Blitzers somewhere

how’d Buddy go ?

In all seriousness you saw the team collapse with Danihers fuckups again..... just drop him for the love of god. Also Redman needs time in the twos.

■■■■ off and die and grow a brains the process ! The only. Win we have had this year was purely on the back of Joey. If. You don’t understand footy don’t bore us with your ignorance

how'd Buddy go ?

Who?

Great first half! Couldn’t run after that.
Two six day games don’t help of course.
But, we need to change the forward coach asap, bad practices being taught and learnt.

What I don’t understand is we were good in the first half and then complete poo in the second half. It’s almost like the coaching staff got out coached after half time and they didn’t have a plan b.

In all seriousness you saw the team collapse with Danihers fuckups again..... just drop him for the love of god. Also Redman needs time in the twos.

How will Redman develop as an AFL player if he is dropped straight beck to the maggoos? Needs a couple of weeks to pick up the pace at senior level. Next week against the Roos will supply an even sterner test than today, but he needs to play to see if he has the right stuff.

Great first half! Couldn’t run after that. Two six day games don't help of course. But, we need to change the forward coach asap, bad practices being taught and learnt.

We just did … after just doing it not long before that. It’s not a fking coaching issue jeezuz.

Edit: At least, not a FWD coaching issue.

And BTW, the senior coach doesn’t fking answer to a FWD one, … now does he?

Woosha can do as he fkn pleases if it’s not working, … so who do want to blame now?

I thought Dempsey and Tippa were great today.

A final thought for the day, being optimistic. Their recruiting this year was excellent and will stand them in good stead as from next year: Tippa, Parish, Brown, Leunb, Hartley. Maybe a few others as well: Francis al alia. That’s very promising for the future. Follow up with good recruiting post season and they might set themselves up for some good seasons, if they can get a strong key forward, or if Hooker fills that role

Liked the first half a lot. Losing Simpkin didn’t help. Thought Hartley was very good. Liked Bags up forward. As already mentioned, Tippa and Dempsey did well. Joe needs to work harder.

Liked the first half a lot. Losing Simpkin didn't help. Thought Hartley was very good. Liked Bags up forward. As already mentioned, Tippa and Dempsey did well. Joe needs to work harder.

Don’t know whether to believe this . or not … :wink:

How will Redman develop as an AFL player if he is dropped straight beck to the maggoos? Needs a couple of weeks to pick up the pace at senior level. Next week against the Roos will supply an even sterner test than today, but he needs to play to see if he has the right stuff.

I didn’t get to see the last quarter where apparently he picked up. But 1 touch in a half first game or not isn’t enough. I like the kid I think he has got what is needed but I would rather him develop in the 2’s

For next week would want to see Parish, Langford and Jerrett (based on his VFL performance today) in. Outs would be Polk, Simpkin and one of a few others.

■■■■ off and die and grow a brains the process ! The only. Win we have had this year was purely on the back of Joey. If. You don’t understand footy don’t bore us with your ignorance

You cant even make a sentence mate so I will take it you are ■■■■■■. we won the Melb game off the back of Joe… Yes he took a ton of marks and had a good game but you cant back him to hit ANYTHING within 30 metres… I understand footy and I know that when you work hard for a scoring shot that SHOULD go in and it doesn’t its demoralising.

What I don't understand is we were good in the first half and then complete poo in the second half. It's almost like the coaching staff got out coached after half time and they didn't have a plan b.

I missed watching the game due to family commitments firstly and then being banned because my Bombers loving middle daughter thought I would lose it if we watched it.

Seems to me, similar to the Cats game we lost a mid-fielder doing well in Simpkin, just after quarter time (Cats game it was Laverde late in Q2).

Given we don’t bat deep in the midfield this would have caused to be lose a lot of run later in the game as it did with the Cats.

People I think are being too harsh - we have already traveled 3 times interstate in 7 games which I think is the most of any Victorian team. We have also played 1st & 2nd.

Bulldogs by contrast are yet to even leave Etihad stadium, let alone Victoria.