Match review thread - scored more than Port

Cats player spins, takes on 3 of our tackles, drops/spills/throws ball…PLAY ON

Polk tackled instantly (and high)…holding the ball

They were always going to get an even better armchair ride with TWO Selwoods.

Man they’re a bunch of frontrunners.

Umpires were ■■■■ again. I don't know the rules anymore.

The rules are very, very simple if you ignore the one instance per match where they pay the complete opposite.

Today was the Polkinghorne HTB in the 1st.

The one before that, the holding the man paid to motlop. I flicked over to the saints/FC game and the exact thing happened about 10 seconds laterlater and it wasn’t paid.

That’s exactly the thing. I reckon if you showed me a heap of footage and paused it before the whistle each time, I reckon I’d go at 8 or 9 out of 10 for guessing what the call is, but the other 1 or 2 would be literally the complete opposite. Like they’ll randomly pluck an in the back when everyone is expecting ball.

Bit harsh on Zaka. Been one of our best stand up leaders this year, and now attracting heavy attention from opposition taggers. This has in turn let Zerrett and others off the leash to play their own A game.

Zaharakis cannot be expected to carry the team by himself all year…

Few things:

Nakia Cockatoo can fk off. Sure you’re a good player and he kicked a couple of classy goals but he was one level short of David King’s windmill celebration when he kicked his 10th when North were 10 fkn goals down.

Thank Christ we played Polkinghorne over Hams amirite guys? So much development and learning and playing for next year. A fkn joke. Honestly.

Connor was good. Gleeson was very good. There were a few positives for today, not many more.

We should be aiming to move Jackson Merrett on at year’s end at all costs. Move him on for a pick we will not use, it doesn’t matter. Just get him off the books. He wasn’t BAD BAD but I just have no idea what he’s going to be if he even became the player he could be. I think we have the makings of a good list but we need to continue to cut deep and draft heavy. Cooney can go too.

The Umpiring didn’t make much of a difference but Jesus Christ… sometimes an “attempt” is good enough, sometimes it’s not. Sometimes you can’t fkn move before you get pinned and you’re pinged, other times Geelong baulked 2 blokes, tackled, slung off the ball and dropped it, free kick. It’s a fkn joke. I actually don’t GAF what rule they decide on for the day just pay it both FKN ways.

I felt for Hartley too. I’m not sure he can be coached to play on the monsters like that. Hopefully Hurley comes back.

Also how funny is it that Laverde has been full Essingtoned. When he came on the scene he didn’t get ANY draw or fade on his kicks. They just went straight as a die, ZERO movement in the air. He was one of the best set shots I’d seen. Now he’s full on Essington.

I actually really ■■■■■■■ hate Geelong.

Last time we have to listen to Dennis Commetti

As we know, they just can’t kick straight. It’s amazing how chronic it is. 7 - 7 for example, or 9 - 6 (usual out of bounds) would be more presentable. However, we’ve discussed that ad nauseum.
I’m now sure McKenna and Gleeson will make it. Parish is terrific. Walla went well on backline in second half.
I don’t think its fair on Francis trying to play him as a forward so early. Absolutely lost there.
Goddard gone for season I’d reckon. Bring back Crowley and play him as a tagger.

Last time we have to listen to Dennis Commetti
Someone's finally forked out for a professional hitman?

We were less bad than I thought we would be.

Geelong should feel very disappointed.

Jerk

Dont even know how to feel. We were fkg terrible but geelong wernt great. Il take that

I cant FARKING wait to win a few next year. Its gonna be the longest offseason of our lives

I reckon itll be a good offseason tbh.

get a couple of first rounders and seeing hooker/ hurley/ jobe/ hepp/ stants back at training will be a nice sight

heck anythings better than the season proper!

Daniher robbed of a mark. Massive push in the back when he dribbled the ball into the point post and clearly two sets of rules when it comes to pushing out your opponent.

Bit harsh on Zaka. Been one of our best stand up leaders this year, and now attracting heavy attention from opposition taggers. This has in turn let Zerrett and others off the leash to play their own A game.

Zaharakis cannot be expected to carry the team by himself all year…

He hasn’t carried the team since the first half of the season, Zerrett has.

Dont even know how to feel. We were fkg terrible but geelong wernt great. Il take that

I cant FARKING wait to win a few next year. Its gonna be the longest offseason of our lives

As a fan I Don’t think we’ve had an offseason for about 4 years.

Wait, was it Polkinghorne’s 100th today? Heard nothing about it on pre-game radio not on the tv telecast.

Wait, was it Polkinghorne's 100th today? Heard nothing about it on pre-game radio not on the tv telecast.

Saving the celebrations for his 100th club game

Wait, was it Polkinghorne's 100th today? Heard nothing about it on pre-game radio not on the tv telecast.

Saving the celebrations for his 100th club game

Insta-ban

I will go full HAM if cooney or dempsey are on the list next year

Every off season is positive. This one is going to be super mega ultra positive.

Nah they’re holding out until Grandfinal day where they’ll air a two hour pre-game special broadcast celebrating his career, followed by the unveiling of his statue outside the MCG. They’re also re-naming the MCG “The PCG”.