Match review thread - scored more than Port

1. Get through 3 more weeks until the end of the year

2. Everyone re-commits to us, especially Hurls

3. Hope that when I’m sinking beers at our annual Grand Final day gathering that farking Hawthorn don’t get up nor do I have to hear how brave Hodge is, see how arrogant Gibson is or listen to Bruce org@sm on air whilst saying RIOLLLLLI.

4. Get 3 or 4 more real top notch kids into the club at the draft.

It was nice of Sheedy to come and stand in the grog squad in the 4th quarter.

I like living in Geelong…except for the Geelong FC, Geelong supporters and the ice heads. I ■■■■■■■ hate those 3 groups.

I’m watching the game and not even up to half time and I want to glass myself.

3 to go.

Bit harsh on Zaka. Been one of our best stand up leaders this year, and now attracting heavy attention from opposition taggers. This has in turn let Zerrett and others off the leash to play their own A game.

Zaharakis cannot be expected to carry the team by himself all year…

He hasn’t carried the team since the first half of the season, Zerrett has.

Didn’t think Zaka was too bad today, 6 tackles was a good sign, more disposals than Scott Selwood with 17.

https://twitter.com/GeelongCats/status/762201253644382209

Jerk

Has there been a bigger brother farkwit combination in the league as big as the Scotts??

Jerk

Has there been a bigger brother farkwit combination in the league as big as the Scotts??

Put the Carrs to shame.

Dont even know how to feel. We were fkg terrible but geelong wernt great. Il take that

I cant FARKING wait to win a few next year. Its gonna be the longest offseason of our lives

Feels like 15 years. Oh wait sorry that’s in real time.

Jerk

Is he wrong? Wtf did you expect today? Tbh i expected 120 odd margin. It was never going to be any sort of decent game

Jerk

Were you expecting round16, 2001 levels of entertainment?

Well, we can live in hope eh! Perhaps Melbourne round 2 would be nice

Jerk

No.

But you did just remind me how much I hated those whinging, free kick pleading fking Matera brothers.

Thanks

can't believe he started the selwood you're a c-nt song
Umpires were ■■■■ again. I don't know the rules anymore.

That’s ok, neither do they.

Oh and what is it with Hawkins bouncing along like a prancing friggin pony every time he takes a mark??? Drives me nuts.

Oh and what is it with Hawkins bouncing along like a prancing friggin pony every time he takes a mark??? Drives me nuts.

I think it’s called being a sh$t bloke

It was completely terrible, as it’s been for at least six weeks now.

The problem is that the mindset of the team is now resigned to defeat. They expect it. So all they do is defend. The possibility of attack doesn’t enter their minds. So they’re not too bad at defending. But this creates the problem that when the defenders get possession of the ball and look upfield for options, there aren’t any. The result is that they go back across goal again but again there’s no clear option ahead. Usually by this time a pass has been missed and we’re back to trying to fight for possession, or else there’s no option other than to kick long to a contest, in which case we almost always lose because all of our players are back in defence and we’re outnumbered badly in midfield.

It’s not encouraging. There are very few positives. One positive is Joe Daniher, who’s competing hard and holding his marks and scoring some goals, although his deficiencies as a goal kicker and his handball remain terrible. Zac Merrett, Parish … There aren’t too many more.

We’ll be better next year, but we won’t be worldbeaters.

Did he join with the singing?

Did he join with the singing?

Never mind . I see he has it in for Selwood.

Why is Grimely playing? Seriously. He wasn’t in good VFL form to be brought in, is just taking games of development off a younger player and is pretty terrible if we are honest.

Our expectations fluctuate which is a good thing when you think about it.

At the start of the year we were just expecting to be flogged and hoped not to be too embarrassed. Since then, have won a match and should have won several, even been favourites to win one we didn’t .

Today we went in expecting to be flogged and hoped not to be too embarrassed, and we got what we hoped for.