Match review thread - scored more than Port

We’ve lost Baguely, Gwilt and now Goddard who were the experienced core of our leadership group. We looked better when Jamar was up forward, he’s not there. Stokes had a few classy moments early on, now he is in search of fitness and form with no time left. Raz is out sore, Grima would have been useful if he could of stayed fit. Our young players have lost most of their generals and are struggling to endure the season, as the best of young players expect to struggle.

If Woosha is trying to marshall us for one final effort to go out on, I think that is the best we can try for, and then celebrate surviving a year which in reality has showed us more talent and development than we dared hope for.

https://twitter.com/GeelongCats/status/762201253644382209

Jerk

LOL.

You played the WORST side in the comp, a team missing more or less their 6 best players and another 4 of their best 22, they have won one game all year. You are trying to win the flag and have a team of 300 gamers, Brownlow medal favourite and a 10 thousand pound gorilla up forward. You should have fkn SLAUGHTERED us. You should have run rings around us ALL DAY. You failed. To not put us away more comprehensively is an indictment.

Get absolutely fked Brad Scott. Sorry, I mean Chris. Actually, you know what, they can both fk off.

I honestly expected that to be a 100+ point loss considering the strength of their team and who we had out on the park. Some positive signs again from the kids - really liked seeing Parish, Gleeson, Zerrett, Irish, Tippa, etc continue to develop.

No idea why Grimley was picked to play - yes he kicked a goal but please no more. Would rather McKernan in ahead of him. Meh. Glad that’s done.

It’s what you call dragging a team down to your level. Our slow nervous defensive mindset seemed to seduce the Cats players into a lethargic and mentally soft game of their own.

In saying that, there is a period in the 3rd where they should have scored 5 quick goals,

But hey, we would have won the Tigers/saints and possibly gws game of we’d done the same.

It's what you call dragging a team down to your level. Our slow nervous defensive mindset seemed to seduce the Cats players into a lethargic and mentally soft game of their own.

In saying that, there is a period in the 3rd where they should have scored 5 quick goals,

But hey, we would have won the Tigers/saints and possibly gws game of we’d done the same.

Yep, we played ‘please don’t smash us’ keeping a off in the first half to keep the score down. It worked.

Have almost cost them a top 4 spot so that’s a big positive - as was the containment of Dangerfield.

I can only think that Polkinghorne and Grimley are there to take some heat off the younger guys.

Just surprised though that some of those younger guys such as Langford still play VFL.

How good was Dea’s massive, unrewarded tackle followed by a HTB against Essendon?

Or Kelly’s big tackle that was one of those “too rough” tackle frees.

https://twitter.com/GeelongCats/status/762201253644382209

Jerk

LOL.

You played the WORST side in the comp, a team missing more or less their 6 best players and another 4 of their best 22, they have won one game all year. You are trying to win the flag and have a team of 300 gamers, Brownlow medal favourite and a 10 thousand pound gorilla up forward. You should have fkn SLAUGHTERED us. You should have run rings around us ALL DAY. You failed. To not put us away more comprehensively is an indictment.

Get absolutely fked Brad Scott. Sorry, I mean Chris. Actually, you know what, they can both fk off.

I read this post and now I feel warm

Is there any team that whinges to the umpires more than Geelong? Selwood and Pretty boy are the worst.

Also, how did that percentage boost go?

Is there any team that whinges to the umpires more than Geelong? Selwood and Pretty boy are the worst.

Also, how did that percentage boost go?

Noticed as soon as the other Selwood came on, first tackle he copped, the shoulders rolled up looking for the high contact straight out of whingeing brothers free kick manual.
How good was Dea's massive, unrewarded tackle followed by a HTB against Essendon?

Dea’s was a cracker. Saw Selwood coming from a long way off and made it count.

Kelly’s tackle would have praised as perfect if it had been Rioli doing the tackling.

How good was Dea's massive, unrewarded tackle followed by a HTB against Essendon?

Kelly’s tackle would have praised as perfect if it had been Rioli doing the tackling.

Kelly’s tackle would have been perfect if he was still playing for Geelong.

And if anybody knows, can someone please explain weather incorrect disposal is still a rule and if so how it’s supposed to be applied because it’s got me ■■■■■■.

And if anybody knows, can someone please explain weather incorrect disposal is still a rule and if so how it’s supposed to be applied because it’s got me ■■■■■■.

OK yes, it is still a rule, and it is applied as follows:

Top 8 sides and/or “name” player - “he tried/ball knocked out in the tackle/play on”
Everyone else “illegal/incorrect disposal, holding the ball”

The game would be sped up dramatically if “came out in the tackle” was deemed “incorrect disposal”.

This is the rule that leads to a lot of confusion and gives the umps scope to make very poor decsions;

15.2.4 Application – Specific Instances where Play shall Continue
For the avoidance of doubt, the field Umpire shall allow play to
continue when:
(a) a Player is bumped and the football falls from the Player’s hands;
(b) a Player’s arm is knocked which causes the Player to lose
possession of the football;

Sometimes

I like living in Geelong......except for the Geelong FC, Geelong supporters and the ice heads. I ■■■■■■■ hate those 3 groups.

They’re mutually exclusive?

I love the Dea.

Get a pre season with Bags and Pig under his belt and I reckon we might have quite a handy player.

The game would be sped up dramatically if "came out in the tackle" was deemed "incorrect disposal".

If they do not dispose of the ball correctly it should be called holding the ball.
have to dispose of it legally by hand or foot.
And not drag it in when on the ground…

"Ball Spilled out of the tackle’ is rubbish.

afl encouraging umps not to pay these rules correctly reduces the standard of game play and then you get running mauls where 3-4 players drop the ball, but it is play on and it looks like rugby.