bird was good today, I’d drop McKenna before him

Bird’s best game for the club i thought

Polk & Bird out, Eades and Edwards in

Yep, Bird does a lot of the grunt work that goes unnoticed. Bird stays for me

I can sniff a win coming soon.

I only say the last 15min.
What was the problem up to half time?

When you think that our midfield today now becomes the second rotation next year you can not help but get excited!

When JD is played at CHF as he did in the last. youll see a better player.

Redman
Fanta
Tippa
Langford

will all become best 22

as for parish and zerrett…nothing left to say

id take dea over ambrose anythime…

The most I take out of it id that they kept there heads up and kept FARKIN TRYING

The problem is, alot of people seem to forget this not turning up for the first half bullshit has been happening for years, so a great second rotation midfield means SFA if you don’t actually turn up from the first bounce.

The attention span around here is worse than a goldfish. North stopped cos they have bigger and better things to aim for, and somehow that absolves the players of the first half effort.

Over the years i’ve continued to say ■■■■ like this should not be accepted as ok, yet the same old supporters (not having a go at you or even saying it’s you, just in general) cream themselves over the “potential” they of the second half, and fail to see the same ■■■■ continues to happen.

Don’t give a ■■■■ about the end result, not scoring for a half of football should always be unacceptable and not tolerated AT ALL.

but hey no lets pat them on the back and say job well done, so they know NEXT TIME, they can do the same thing again,. and get a participation award for merely showing up.

( again not aimed at you ivan, just didn’t get past yoru post, to launch the above tirade).

Good onya bombers! '...a bit of flair and a bit of dare' ^

Geez harsh, thought they both did some really hard grunt work today, esp in the second half

He had 27 disposals, 10 contested, 7 clearances.

Very good game

What a joy watching the second half delayed telecast, and Tim doing the commentary. Positive comments, it is soooo alien, after the radio boof heads, and after reading some of the woeful and unfair comments on here during the first half.

About to watch second half back from swim cant believe we got within 14 points. I guess bonus for delayed 7 telecast in tassie.

Polk and Crowley for Eades and Jerrett.
We’re so effing slow with Crowley in the middle. He plays fwd most of the time anyway. Polk has offered nothing for 3 halves of footy. His last half was pretty good though.

Yeah doing some very good grunt work for us. Would be ahead of Howlett and battling with hocking for a spot next season.

Polk and Crowley for Eades and Jerrett.
We’re so effing slow with Crowley in the middle. He plays fwd most of the time anyway. Polk has offered nothing for 3 halves of footy. His last half was pretty good though.

Yes Crowley is slow but he puts his head over it, I’d bring in Hams before I’d bring in Jerrett.

He had 27 disposals, 10 contested, 7 clearances.

Very good game

Yep and every time I saw him he was at the bottom of the pack trying to extract the ball. His job is to cop the bumps and bruises and get the ball out to our silky mids like Zac and Darcy

When you think that our midfield today now becomes the second rotation next year you can not help but get excited!

Redman
Fanta
Tippa
Langford

will all become best 22

The most I take out of it id that they kept there heads up and kept FARKIN TRYING

The problem is, alot of people seem to forget this not turning up for the first half bullshit has been happening for years, so a great second rotation midfield means SFA if you don’t actually turn up from the first bounce.

The attention span around here is worse than a goldfish. North stopped cos they have bigger and better things to aim for, and somehow that absolves the players of the first half effort.

Over the years i’ve continued to say ■■■■ like this should not be accepted as ok, yet the same old supporters (not having a go at you or even saying it’s you, just in general) cream themselves over the “potential” they of the second half, and fail to see the same ■■■■ continues to happen.

Don’t give a ■■■■ about the end result, not scoring for a half of football should always be unacceptable and not tolerated AT ALL.

but hey no lets pat them on the back and say job well done, so they know NEXT TIME, they can do the same thing again,. and get a participation award for merely showing up.

( again not aimed at you ivan, just didn’t get past yoru post, to launch the above tirade).

Absolute crock of poo. why bother even respond to this crap

Two halves and two quite different teams. The Tin Rattlers as pretenders with Harvey again too slow and not able to lay a tackle, and Hodor well held by Loony. Walla was outstanding, Parish dominant and The Langford showed once again that he is a prospect. North as premiers? No chance.

This was Sydney 2012 all over again.

Redman
Fanta
Tippa
Langford

will all become best 22

For ■■■■■ sake, do you have anything positive to ever say or do you only see the negative in everything. ■■■■■■ hell
It was an awful first half, no one is saying it’s acceptable, but fark me we kept trying and giving it everything. we could have lost by over 100pts, like we did multiple times last year. But no, we dug deep, fought hard and if we kicked straighter in the last may have pinched it.
We have some seriously talented young footballers. Enjoy it, revel in it, love it and stop being such a sour puss.

Redman
Fanta
Tippa
Langford

will all become best 22

I don’t think anyone is excusing the poor first half showing, it was unacceptable.

“Patting them on the back and say[ing] job well done” is EXACTLY what we should be doing. We’ve come within 16 points of the 8-0 ladder leaders, shown real guts and not thrown in the towel after being 10 goals down. Previous (full strength) Essendon sides have done much worse.

What do you suggest we do? Slate them for having a rubbish first half and write off the second half as “oh, North took their foot off the pedal because they’re focussed on losing in another prelim with their ancient slow truck list”?

This year is going to be a tough one, so excuse some of us for taking some positives from performances like this! Unreal.

You could see Woosha excited after the game. Its been a good week with the signing of Myers and Heppell. I haven’t been soo excited since 1993 with the young talent we have. Go Bombers.

Redman
Fanta
Tippa
Langford

will all become best 22

If you can’t take positives out of that game, then don’t bother watching dude.

Looked like a 100 point loss at half time, in the end we could have snuck home.

And it was the kids who drove the comeback.