Match Review Thread - Tale of Two Halves

Was concerned whether Langford was going to make it.

Concerned no longer.

Take North's spare away in defence and they have nothing, NOTHING!

Stirring performance.

Please leave JD at chf. Please let Fanta get higher up the ground and bring in long or edwards to provide the pace closer to goals.

Parish zerrett - ■■■! Can’t wait to see it midfield at full strength next year

Spot on. Bring in Long/Eades/Edwards, then add Dempsey and Fanta up the ground. HEAT

Langford “…next few years top 4 chance”.

Forget just getting into the top 8 first, we want top 4.

When we play a full four quarters, look out!

Standing ovation by bombers fans at the end, some even waving their scarves.

Heart…we’re all heart muthrfcker.

Dea was gutsy all day!!!

Been calling for Langford forward for awhile and I know the club sees him as a mid but he has good hands and that nouse about him. Also a very reliable set shot.

At half time I was in shock, thought we might cop a 100 pointer, thought it might be a really black day for the club. At the end of the game I stood and applauded the boys off with thousands of others who’d stuck around. The players just stood there at centre half forward, a little dumbfounded at the love they were getting. Then Woosha walked towards the cheer squad and started applauding back. It was one of those moments I’ll never forget - tears in my eyes. Down at the other end Norf walked from the ground to stony silence. Meanwhile we’re all up chanting and standing on our seats and basically going mental. Who’d support any other club? Why would you bother?

I think the best thing was Norf didn't actually take the foot off, we genuine just smashed them in the second half.

l did expect them to tire a little after last week, but l still reckon it was more that we got a momentum shift going our way, rather than them getting tired that turned things around.

Dockers still last…I want that first round pick!

Was sitting behind Anthony Daniher and his wife. Kept saying at half time it’s 2001 comeback game all over again. In some ways that second half was even better. Totally driven by the kids. Best lose I have ever been too.

Stirring stuff that. We know the young players are going to be good, but to see that performance and that effort in the second half makes it real.

What I really liked is how we took the game on. We can be competitive, but it’s hard to win playing the slow possession brand of keepings off we’ve played most of the year. We’re most dangerous when we play with a bit of flair and a bit of dare - which is what we did in the second half. Tippa bursting off the half back line is is a great sight, throw in the electric skills of Parish and Fanta, and the smoothness of Langford and it can be a potent combination.

I’d be tempted to double up for next week. We still need some hard bodies, but maybe throw in the pace and thrill of an Eades and Edwards to that team and anything is possible.

Dea was gutsy all day!!!

and composed.

Langford makes me almost Parish levels of excited. And the beauty is that Lav is just as good as him IMO. Need to get him straight back in.

Been calling for Langford forward for awhile and I know the club sees him as a mid but he has good hands and that nouse about him. Also a very reliable set shot.

same. just looks so dangerous. good height good hands decent kick. his only decision should be ‘am I in range?’

Polk & Bird out, Eades and Edwards in

Good onya bombers!
‘…a bit of flair and a bit of dare’ ^

Such a shame we bottled those set shots. Imagine if we won.

That was a great second half effort.

We were getting monsters down back being so undersized. Tippa and Baguley having to fly for the mark and no one able to kill it Or intercept.

Once we got momentum it showed up the Roos as being unable to handle the foot speed of our team. And once we figured out to not just boot it to the loose north defender, seemed to click.

Langford and JD clocked up some serious mileage in the last half.

The first half wasn’t as bad as what the match day thread made out. North kicked a few out their ■■■■, and got quite a few soft frees around the field.

Really liked the way Cooney played, Goddard and Kelly. But the young guys, Zach, Fanta, parish,

Don’t underestimate the influence of the fans today. If it wasn’t uplifting for them as we got on top, it certainly would’ve been after the siren.

I actually thought JD was going to come over and sign a few autographs for the kids at the end.

Just logged on after a long drive all morning in India.
WTF. Was not expecting these scores.
So proud. Can’t wait to watch the replay.
Need to drive back soon. Damn. Will relax tonight and take it all in.