Match Review Thread - Well, at least we aren't Freo

Tipper starts in the middle next week.
Strong, quick and precise with the ball.

Gleeson is the typical Essendon player of the past decade- shows promise in his first couple of games, then stagnates in developing further, before going on to forge a career as a list clogger. His current mates are JMerett, Ashby and Kommer.

In: Watson Heppell Stanton Hooker Hurley Bellchambers Myers Hibberd Colyer Hocking

I feel better now

Will no doubt restore Essendon to its 2015 level

And that’s the problem, because we weren’t great then. We were good in 2013, but a lot of players under the bridge since then.

Not that it cost us the game but we got rorted with some bad umpiring decisions when the game was in the balance in the 2nd, they got their momentum and it was game over.

In: Watson Heppell Stanton Hooker Hurley Bellchambers Myers Hibberd Colyer Hocking

I feel better now

Will no doubt restore Essendon to its 2015 level

Think today is bad? Our next month after dreamtime is

Freo - subi
Hawks
Gws
Eagles - subi

YIKES

Gonna win them all, as it will have all clicked by then

Ambrose looks like he's a defender.

I’m not saying he’s a particularly good one, but that appears to be his best role.

He’s certainly looking more like a defender than anything else he’s done and he’s only been doing it for a few games. It’s just a shame that a lot of the guys we’re getting back next year are also pretty handy back there.

Close thread and open the changes for next week. Seems Saints losses brings out the dregs of BB

Are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person?

Not so quiet are you… Well done.

I’m guessing that is as close as you will go to an apology for your first comment, so I will take that as some sort of neutral respect.

No apologies for my first comment. Just think that people talk utter tripe about how bad things are after a loss that wasn’t that bad, most of whom didn’t even see it live or maybe even at all. That’s what I’m trying to convey

Well next time I ask two things of you:

1. Use correct English
  2. Pick a better target

A few questions for you. Did you attend the game? You have carefully not actually committed to comment whether you were at the game or not. Are you a member? If so, how long have you been a member. Again you have accused others but not actually proved any commitment from yourself other than being a keyboard warrior and troll.

First post, long time lurker.

I just want to say that was nowhere near the worst game for the season. Anzac day was far worse, atleast today there was effort. Our midfield was smashed all day, and there is only so long the defence can hold out.

Today there were plenty of positives and you need to look for the positives this season, and most weeks someone stands up. Brown did that today! Then there are those that have shown something all year, Dea has been terrific all year and Tippa has been just sensational. I love at every game how the crowd noise increases when he gets the ball. Has a first season player ever had that reaction?

One last thing, our delivery into our forward line and the structure is the problem. It is shocking for the majority, plain and simple. For those that bag Daniher, yes you are right he does not lead but honestly some of the time why would you bother with the way it comes in. That is not even mentioning where would he lead to, given that no one actually creates space there. Our forwards and midfield do not create space, instead they all think they should just run into forward 50 to be an option. That is not even to mention the way some of our defenders look backwards first rather than the attacking option. This needs to be fixed!

Why’d you take so long to post? Why?

Cause we’re f***ing scary!

We’re friendly and welcoming.

Stop hitting on me…

I didn’t ask you to dance… I said you look fat in those pants.

Ambrose looks like he’s a defender.

I’m not saying he’s a particularly good one, but that appears to be his best role.

I just want to say that was nowhere near the worst game for the season. Anzac day was far worse, atleast today there was effort. Our midfield was smashed all day, and there is only so long the defence can hold out.

Today there were plenty of positives and you need to look for the positives this season, and most weeks someone stands up. Brown did that today! Then there are those that have shown something all year, Dea has been terrific all year and Tippa has been just sensational. I love at every game how the crowd noise increases when he gets the ball. Has a first season player ever had that reaction?

One last thing, our delivery into our forward line and the structure is the problem. It is shocking for the majority, plain and simple. For those that bag Daniher, yes you are right he does not lead but honestly some of the time why would you bother with the way it comes in. That is not even mentioning where would he lead to, given that no one actually creates space there. Our forwards and midfield do not create space, instead they all think they should just run into forward 50 to be an option. That is not even to mention the way some of our defenders look backwards first rather than the attacking option. This needs to be fixed!

Stop hitting on me…

Positive - ive seen our only win for the year live. Fk me that was a good day
In the next month you’re pushing that to three for three this year, my friend.

THE WOB FACTOR

Gleeson needs a bit more upper body strength. He is so close to breaking the tackle. That little bit more and he might win a few more of those contests.

Saying that wouldn’t hurt him (or most of the team) to give the ball to the first option on occasion.

Two things that we haven’t learnt yet.

1. To throw the ball out when tackled. Just do it even if you get caught every now and again. They’ll ping us regardless.
  2. Get a high contact free.

I know it’s hard to say out loud - but the saints can play some good football. They did last year and they are doing it this year too. For me Anzac Day was the only time we didn’t have a full blooded crack.

What a treat it is to watch TIPPA live. He’s next level good.

Positive - ive seen our only win for the year live. Fk me that was a good day
In the next month you’re pushing that to three for three this year, my friend.

Never wanted a football season to be over more in my life.

Next 5 weeks could be ugly.

I guarantee we won’t lose all of the next 5 weeks.

The bye will beat us on current form