Match review v Cats

Ordinary first half.

Fabulous third quarter.

Solid fourth quarter and fair to say it took 3 magnificent individual goals (Duncan, Motlop x 2) to beat us. 

Can't fault the effort, gutting to miss the win after such a good second half but giving strong teams 5 goal starts isn't often going to end well.

FFS I hate that aggressive f stain Scott and then that finger twirling little muppet motlop.

All in all great effort to get back into the game! Heppel immense, Carlisle looked really likely for the first time up forward more positive than negatives except the loss of course!

Special mention to Dempsey also two great tackles and a great goal

That stupid kick-in play with 3 minutes to go cost us.

How many times are we going to fark things up in the last few minutes of every game. Even the games we have won we have nearly lost because of it

Until the players who consistently make poor decisions and fumble the ball and cant perform 1 out or under pressure are gone. 

The boys showed tremendous grit tonight - no doubt about that - but the contests that we lost, or fumbled or misjudged particularly in the last qtr is what cost us. You can talk about the first half all you want but we were in it up to our eyeballs with 5 minutes to go so everything else is irrelevant. 

Fact is we were in a position to win and we made too many mistakes. 

Geelong made good decisions at crucial times, more of their players continued to work harder than their Essendon opponents and in the end they had more A graders than we did - one of whom won them the match with his last 2 goals.

Everyone laments how we always seem to lose these games, well there's a good ■■■■■■■ reason for that, we've got the list to compete in these games consistently but we don't have the list to win them consistently. 

I love this team, I loved the grit tonight, but they're simply not going to get it done against the best consistently. 

I thought we showed a great fight and made some changes, something we have not done a lot all year. We are probably still two or three players short of being a serious contender. Joe is still getting monstered but is growing and improving more and more. Zerrett had little impact as the sub but learns from the pressure. A lot of positives, I’m actually glad this means we can’t make finals. But the boys will be amazingly stronger for this year. 2014 will turn out to be our 1999. Throwing too much crap at the TV after these close losses. Killing my heart. Poor wife and her mate unhappy with my swearing.

can we go a thread without mentioning ASADA?

Apparently not

Stevo is a ■■■■■■■.

Saying "Bombers are pretty much gone and the 8 is set. Bombers have Adelaide and the Pie".

Well ■■■■ head. Gold Coast have Hawthorn and the Pies.

Write your own script.

Hi guys, first time poster. Another tough loss to a good team. Colyer and Hepps had good games, though I must admit I get so frustrated with our boys. As soon as there is scoreboard pressure we consistently go all defensive like a bunch of 2nd round draft picks. FFS get some confidence and back yourselves boys!!

And Fark Carlton!!

Wouldnt play chapman again, would much rather one of the kids get some experience for next year

Agree, i posted this in the match thread but does anyone else think he is a liability? He offers nothing on the offense anymore (kicks no goals) and his opponent runs off him freely as he dosnt have the legs anymore to track back. He pretty much offers nothing valuable. I would rather play Del Ollio tbh

Weird that we won the gritty ones last year and keep losing them this year.

Wouldnt play chapman again, would much rather one of the kids get some experience for next year

You may actually be onto something there.

Carlisle getting absolutely mugged all game long. No free kick.

could have kicked 5 if he was paid his deserved frees and could kick straight. Liked his aggression 

Mark Stevens from Ch7 calling for Chapman to retire.
Also saying our season is all but gone and the eight is a lock.
He is another EFC-basher. Sick of it.

That ■■■■ can go to Egypt with Caro.

Weird that we won the gritty ones last year and keep losing them this year.

Kommer?

On Dempsey, hopefullly this is the turning point ot get back to where he was. seems lost no that hes not the running half back role. happy for him to be involved in some good moments during the game.

Ambrose is a solid contributor.

Kicking of Carlisle, JD and co was not up to AFL standard tonight.

Can we please be put out of our misery with the Hurley/Carlisle swap?

This experiment has cost us too many games, and we need to play 22 against 22. Hurley back is great, but Jake forward is still a liability. Put our best forward, forward.

Can’t ever see a 6 goal game from Carlisle, where Hurley has and can do again.

Carlisle was great. Well getting there.

Clunked a few.

Was waiting for a big Daniher clunk in the dying seconds. But he jumped under it. Again.

can we go a thread without mentioning ASADA?

That match winning goal. Demps,Pig (ok when for the spoil) and Hepps were goal side. Not fat side and Jake M trailing behind.

Not about getting blokes to the contest, it's about playing % football.

gahhhhhh

To add to that, I loose the tip and have to cough up 2 slabs of beer.

farrrrk

you just said ASADA

Another cluster fark to end a game.

Hurley. Please be dropped. Squibbed contests and couldn’t influence play positively all night long. Needs to be traded.

Melksham again proving why he shouldn’t be on our list.

Hooker was ■■■■■ tonight. Turned the ball over at crucial times throughout the night especially in that last couple minutes.

Hocking should never have played anywhere near Motlop and as a result we lost the game. Thanks Bomber excellent decision.

We lost the game at the selection table plain and simple. And somehow I don’t think Thompson will be held with the same respect and esteem he had at the start of the year by the end of the season. He has single handedly made us go backwards in every sense of the word and has turned Hurley into a truck.

Zaharakis could have locked that ball in the forwardline in that final minute by reading the play properly (as any other player of the same experience would have) but no. Ran to the last place a player should run too when reading a ball off a pack and as a result Geelong clear it for a point and win with ease.

Plain and simple our midfield and defensive efforts all over the ground have to be improved 10 fold.

The amount of tackles we miss and get brushed off by, by pure trucks and twigs is disgraceful.

Stupid turnovers and little regard for defensive running and KILLING THE FOOTBALL OVER THE GOD DAMN FARKING BOUNDARY LINE lost us that game we should have won.

We are a mentally ■■■■ weak team.

Chapman was horrendous. Wonder if Bomber is regretting his recruitment.

Ryder, Demps, Hepp, BJ, Zaka and Carlisle good.

Stanton keep your fkn feet and stop playing for frees. You’re a vice captain FFS, start acting like it.