Match Review vs Fremantle - Lucky we have saints next

Fark up with the injury excuses. Freo had just as many out and they were seriously good players, the fact is freo's depth is better. We were just plain ■■■■■

Also they can lose a tall and bring in a tall. Forgotten who exactly was in but dudes like Taberner, GUMB!, Tanner Smith & Keps etc at least mean they keep a similar structure even if they do have a step down in class.
We have Pears, umm, thurlow, and midfielders. Which is our **** list management.
Pears and Ambrose being injured didn't help but no 3rd string senior listed ruck hurt today. Losing crameri and gumby and losing draft picks has left the kp/ruck stocks in a petty parlous state
From a list management perspective we really need to go back to the well on talls now. Possibly a mature age one too. Maybe try to lure someone
Should've drafted two talls (we've got flexibility so it ultimately comes down to numbers rather than specific roles) over the last two drafts. I remember the logic used by some was "how could we possibly have know Gumby would leave and Hille would retire?", about sums it up.
Ryder & Bell might not miss again & it might not matter, but we are exposed when we needn't be.

Not worried. We were last-minute-injury and structurally crippled.
Goddard was meant to be our first/second key forward today, which should explain where we were at.

This
Plus the fact that the Dockers couldn't miss and we seemingly couldn't take a trick with the umpires.
Thought there were a few positives to take out of the game:
- Encouraged that the boys stuck at in the last quarter when the score threatened to really blow out
- Gleeson has skill, courage and pace and was close to our best
- Jetta worked hard and backed his skills
- Hurley, Hooker, Bags all held their own under a heap of pressure
- Winders was quiet but just happy he wasn't ■■■■■■ injured!
Definitely a game that the coaches will review and talk about some areas for improvement but definitely not
one they will dwell on...

Gleeson looks a ripper.

I concur we are in a awkward position in regards to list management in not being able to bring in a ruckman against sandi, but its not the reason we lost. I could be wrong but im almost certain we didnt get smashed in clearances. Huge forward line issues today, no chap and bj hurt. But I thought in that second half Freo’s defensive pressure was awesome and we couldnt handle it

Fark up with the injury excuses. Freo had just as many out and they were seriously good players, the fact is freo's depth is better. We were just plain ■■■■■

Also they can lose a tall and bring in a tall. Forgotten who exactly was in but dudes like Taberner, GUMB!, Tanner Smith & Keps etc at least mean they keep a similar structure even if they do have a step down in class.
We have Pears, umm, thurlow, and midfielders. Which is our **** list management.
Pears and Ambrose being injured didn't help but no 3rd string senior listed ruck hurt today. Losing crameri and gumby and losing draft picks has left the kp/ruck stocks in a petty parlous state
From a list management perspective we really need to go back to the well on talls now. Possibly a mature age one too. Maybe try to lure someone
Should've drafted two talls (we've got flexibility so it ultimately comes down to numbers rather than specific roles) over the last two drafts. I remember the logic used by some was "how could we possibly have know Gumby would leave and Hille would retire?", about sums it up.
Ryder & Bell might not miss again & it might not matter, but we are exposed when we needn't be.

Agree. In some ways convincing hille to go round once more is probably hurting us now

We’re 2-2, have already played last years Grand Finalists and don’t play them again unless in a final.

L-O-L

Need Ryder back next week. ■■■■■ me Goddard injured in warmup and we had no emergencies.

And why did this happen? Club got ahead of its self and got cute at selection. Fletcher and Chaman were ever going to play, picking them was a touch of arrogance, never, ever take 1 live sub interstate, arrogant move that back fired.

With Myers being unwell it just makes me wonder whether the whole team may be experiencing it to some extent? Add to that the heat and you are bound to get the result we got!

Look I might be reaching but hey who know

The margin flattered them, kids got some more game time.

We will be right, just need to answer nxt week.

With Myers being unwell it just makes me wonder whether the whole team may be experiencing it to some extent? Add to that the heat and you are bound to get the result we got!
Look I might be reaching but hey who know

Windy Hill Gastro?

Not worried. We were last-minute-injury and structurally crippled.
Goddard was meant to be our first/second key forward today, which should explain where we were at.

This
Plus the fact that the Dockers couldn't miss and we seemingly couldn't take a trick with the umpires.
Thought there were a few positives to take out of the game:
- Encouraged that the boys stuck at in the last quarter when the score threatened to really blow out
- Gleeson had skill, courage and pace and was close to our best
- Jetta worked hard and backed his skills
- Hurley, Hooker, Bags all held their own under a heap of pressure
- Winders was quiet but just happy he wasn't ■■■■■■ injured!
Definitely a game that the coaches will review and talk about some areas for improvement but definitely not
one they will dwell on...

Thank god, other sane people on this site exist.

We were two goals down at half time under all the trying circumstances listed already. It was a horrible third quarter, they will know they are better than that and bounce back.

With some key players back we have a big month ahead, 4 winnable games, that should be the focus. Today should be forgotten.

Gee there are some serious whingers and alot of Muppets around here at the moment.

So let me guess...because we lost we didn't play like Geelong?

Surely winning or losing shouldn't matter - we either play like Geelong or we don't...

Make a million dollar bet no ex Geelong player will this week suggest in the media that we play A Geelong style.

That will off course happen when we win...so give it two weeks.

And Melksham and Zaka are poor mens Gibbs and Murphy and that aint saying much. Gleeson has shown more in 4 weeks..

All in all the loss is no big deal. We will beat the saints easily next week.

Really annoyed at how we managed Goddard, it was plain as day he shouldn't have gone on the second time never mind the third.
If he misses ANZAC day because we mismanaged his obvious injury ill be ■■■■■■.

It will teach us for playing funny buggers at selection and picking two guys who we were not sure would get up and only traveling with one emergency

This is an extremely valid point. And one not being focused on enough. What's the saying prepare for the worst expect the best? If they knew coming over that those boys weren't playing why the hell wouldn't you bring more player and cop the fine for playing a non emergency.

Mistake playing DVU in this type of game never looked comfortable, At least the lad knows what real pressure feels like.

Agree with most on Colyer, Just not good enough.

Jetta showed more today than whole of last season, I think he gets this is his last chance for Essendon.

Gleeson is an absolute star in the making, May be our best bargain for years.

Heppell went hard all game didn't stop providing an option.

Zaharakis is easily our most out of form player at the moment, It just isn't working for him, I think he needs ANZAC day.

Joe while raw just looks like he belongs out there.

3rd quarter was very disappointing, Need to address workrate here. 

I reckon they kicked 10 goals from stoppages, We knew they had an advantage in the ruck and our defensive set ups were atrocious, I would have thought that this area would have been priority number 1 throughout the week.

Good player to come back so not all doom and gloom, Plus we have the saints, Should bounce back.

Go Bombers.

give em another free you dogs. beaten by a better team at home with injures across the spine, not just the midfield....! bring on the fiddlers..

We’re still in the 8.

I concur we are in a awkward position in regards to list management in not being able to bring in a ruckman against sandi, but its not the reason we lost. I could be wrong but im almost certain we didnt get smashed in clearances. Huge forward line issues today, no chap and bj hurt. But I thought in that second half Freo's defensive pressure was awesome and we couldnt handle it

No, but if we had a ruckman we would've brought them in and kept our forwards where they were. Lose the ruck by a bit but maybe break even up forward, rather than lose both.
Funny how quickly the forward line crashed back to earth minus two or three good players, sack Egan and/or Hird?
And Essington trademark is winning clearances then kicking 74m high bombs into the forward line. "not getting smashed in clearances" is a very different thing to breaking even in midfield.

Who's Van Unen, could've sworn Van Nuen was playing.

not real worried and certainly not going to get holier than thou over selection.

Chappy was always going be managed and Fletch too

Everyone loved Carlisle as third option ruck last week.

We are  covering for injuries to two rucks and trying to make a show of it.

we lot myers and goddard on the day who could have helped win the ball and provide height and composure.

To be honest Freo got a bit of a run on and we fell apart and panicked a bit and the game was over in 20  minutes.

oh well. got good game time into some kids, Gleeson looks great. joe fought hard.

Soon we'll have Belchambers, Ryder, Fletcher, Goddard, Chapman, Myers, Dempsey back in the side and ambrose available and will again be a better version of the team  who beat a fit Freo in the same game last year.

I can't see the worth in getting all infuriated over it.

The teams developing very well and being built and developed very well.