Match Review vs Fremantle - Lucky we have saints next

Fark up with the injury excuses. Freo had just as many out and they were seriously good players, the fact is freo's depth is better. We were just plain ■■■■■

Also they can lose a tall and bring in a tall. Forgotten who exactly was in but dudes like Taberner, GUMB!, Tanner Smith & Keps etc at least mean they keep a similar structure even if they do have a step down in class.
We have Pears, umm, thurlow, and midfielders. Which is our ■■■■ list management.

We were always under pressure and made too many mistakes. We fumbled a lot when we were running forward and the ball at our feet.

Johnson just had a field day across HB. We just kept kicking the ball to him. Zacka's form is a worry and most importantly he has lost that ball carrying ability.

Have to agree about Colyer. He can find it and run with it but his decision making and delivery skills are shocking. Better off giving Zac Merret game time.

Hopefully BJ is OK but losing Myers and his strength in the contests was critical (allows Watson to go forward).

With the two Paddys to come back, Fletch, Chappy, Myers, Tbell and Dempsey as well then we are not a lost cause. Bomber will work it out.

The bright light was Gleeson, such poise and skill execution under pressure.

A lot of these excuses have merit, but let’s be honest…with no Barlow, Fyfe and then Mundy subbed off, I was genuinely amazed at our lack of ability to win a decent clearance. Yes, I know Sandilands is a monster and was up against pinch-hitting ruckmen, but we already knew that going into the game and it doesn’t change the fact that we should’ve done much, much better around the stoppages.

Hocking and Zaka had zero influence and Jobe was in-and-out of the game, which is unlike him.

We’re going to belt the absolute crap out of St Kilda next week.

Really annoyed at how we managed Goddard, it was plain as day he shouldn't have gone on the second time never mind the third.
If he misses ANZAC day because we mismanaged his obvious injury ill be ■■■■■■.

It will teach us for playing funny buggers at selection and picking two guys who we were not sure would get up and only traveling with one emergency
Yup. Dug a hole for ourselves.

I was really annoyed at the free kicks. I am not a believer that they have to be equal, but 6 18 ? And one of those against Joe when two freo players knocked each other out?

Wonder he wasn’t reported for not knocking them out.

I know it wouldn’t have made a difference to whether we won or lost, but I expect the best from the players and I expect the best from the umpires. And that game was not umpired well. It is expected that the team playing better will get the benefit of the doubt because they are playing in front. But Freo weren’t the better team until the third quarter.

Colyer = delist.

Yep and when we could have got something for him around trade time last year... The club gave a two year extension. him, Kav, Jetta need to delist end of the year

Leaving aside the 3rd quarter, I wasn't totally unhappy with how we played.  Stupid skill errors (looking at you, Stanton) gave them easy goals and they weren't missing anything.  18 goals 5?  Give me a break.

Our outs killed us more than anything.  Losing Goddard and Chappy messed us up structurally and Sandilands gave their mids first touch every time.  Heat didn't help.

Could have let it blow out to 100 points but got some goals in the end that meant we still competed.  Gleeson still looked good, and Ashby and VU did a few good things.

We'll smash the Saints next week and be back on track.

Not bad that our two losses so far are to the two Grand Finalists.

Bomba had little to work with with all those injuries. Don't understand any negativity against him. We played the runners-up in hot conditions and they burned us in the second half. The main thing is to question the effort of some players who went unsighted when the going got tough. Zaka, Melk, these guys needed to do more.

85% true. The players aren't responsible for putting a ■■■■■■■ forward on Johnson, though. That was a glaring oversight by the coaches.

Colyer = delist.

Yep and when we could have got something for him around trade time last year... The club gave a two year extension. him, Kav, Jetta need to delist end of the year
Too early on KAV!

Anyone out list that thymes with Jetta and colyer need to go

Colyer = delist.

Can you let us know what we could have got for colyer please?
Im guessing you're not guessing.

How many touches did LEROY get? I thought he was okay

gleeson is the pick of the kids. Geez he is evasive

Really annoyed at how we managed Goddard, it was plain as day he shouldn't have gone on the second time never mind the third.

It will teach us for playing funny buggers at selection and picking two guys who we were not sure would get up and only traveling with one emergency

That's the issue. If we knew Chappy and Fletch were never going to play, we should've just not named them. With the three emergencies being required with Myers also a withdrawal, that left us with no choice but to play Goddard despite him pulling up short in the warm-up. Just hope it's a one-week thing at worst and have him fit Anzac Day, too important to be risking like we did today.
Thought on Van Unen? Didn't look out of place, he will probably be omitted with the expected inclusions but another half-back type with decent skills.

Fark up with the injury excuses. Freo had just as many out and they were seriously good players, the fact is freo's depth is better. We were just plain ■■■■■

Also they can lose a tall and bring in a tall. Forgotten who exactly was in but dudes like Taberner, GUMB!, Tanner Smith & Keps etc at least mean they keep a similar structure even if they do have a step down in class.
We have Pears, umm, thurlow, and midfielders. Which is our **** list management.

Pears and Ambrose being injured didn't help but no 3rd string senior listed ruck hurt today. Losing crameri and gumby and losing draft picks has left the kp/ruck stocks in a petty parlous state
From a list management perspective we really need to go back to the well on talls now. Possibly a mature age one too. Maybe try to lure someone

Didn't watched the game or the presser so can anyone update on Goddard's injury?

I miss bellchambers.

Didn't watched the game or the presser so can anyone update on Goddard's injury?

Tight groin, 'a good chance to play next week'

Colyer = delist.

Can you let us know what we could have got for colyer please?
Im guessing you're not guessing.

Would have taken pick 50. That's beside the point, his been on the list too long and isn't gonna improve, Jetta the same. Kav I think we'll be saying the same thing in two years, Gleenson, Merritt's gone straight pass him

That's the issue. If we knew Chappy and Fletch were never going to play, we should've just not named them. With the three emergencies being required with Myers also a withdrawal, that left us with no choice but to play Goddard despite him pulling up short in the warm-up. Just hope it's a one-week thing at worst and have him fit Anzac Day, too important to be risking like we did today.
Thought on Van Unen? Didn't look out of place, he will probably be omitted with the expected inclusions but another half-back type with decent skills.

Some conservative selection would have been nice, but making teams submit lists for Sunday games on Thursday doesn't help. Maybe on Thursday they thought one or both of them were a genuine chance to get up for a game three days later.

So “could have got” means nothing.

Thanks.