Match Review vs GWS

That game just made me angry, with few positives.

But even those small positives, such as Giles and edwards playing well, also made me angry.

Positives -
Probably farked the pies chance to getting into the finals.
Giles
Edwards
Gwilt
Hooker
Hocking back in
Laverde first half

giles - 11 clearances - think we are entitled to ask why we had to wait so long. oh and seeing as we are suddenly prepared to play 3 genuine tall forwards any chance we could bring smack in and have a proper ruck division.

giles - 11 clearances - think we are entitled to ask why we had to wait so long. oh and seeing as we are suddenly prepared to play 3 genuine tall forwards any chance we could bring smack in and have a proper ruck division.

Maybe Giles is playing well because he wasn’t gifted games and had to really earn his spot.

Maybe Giles is playing well because he wasn’t gifted games and had to really earn his spot.

Was just about to say the same thing.

Joe took some good contested grabs aswell.

Was just about to say the same thing.

But you were waiting for the “He should have been in’s” once James thought he was finally ready to have a crack & put him in … surely?

On a hiding to nothing the Cockroach atm …

Joe took some good contested grabs aswell.

With the delivery he gets every week he is on target for 40 goals. Worth 65 in a good team.

cooney hit his first target with 5 minutes to go.

If this continues, Hird should waive the final year of his contract and fall on his sword. I have never seen an Essendon side so insipid. This list is better than this.
You said the same thing in the other thread.
Good tank to sub out our most in form defender on the day as soon as they sub on another key forward.

Didn’t notice the giant ice bag on his groin? Or the commentators saying he was injured. Or did it not compute?

Just don’t believe it was a genuine injury worthy of being subbed off considering he was marking and kicking freely right up until 3/4 time.

Not a genuine injury?
Like you would know.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing a supportive cast of coaches that aren’t tainted by the insipid disease of failure.

Skipworth, neeld, craig. can walk for all i care.

cooney hit his first target with 5 minutes to go.

This piece of sh-t club can’t even lose right, cost me $100 not losing by 60+ despite the fact by the end of the game it like a 15 goal loss!

There are plenty who stunk it up today and have had their names well mentioned.

Can’t believe that Jerrett has got off scot free though. Fumbled easy marks, disposal clangers, little impact. He offers little at the best of times. He is yet another who should earn his spot in the side instead of being gifted games each week. If you can call playing for Essington “gifted”.

Who else sees this when they look at Paton??

Serious pin head.

I think there were enough positives.

We won contested ball against a strong contested ball team.

We were also more than competitive in the clearances which has been a massive issue the past few weeks.

Hocking makes us look 100 times better in the middle.

While the midfield kept sufficient pressure on the backline did pretty well.

Baguley was a beast as usual and Pig was racking them up at will today.

I think Marty Gleeson has something, however he is an absolute liability if he has to provide a contest. Next year, Im not sure he should be gifted games like he has been this year, because it might just be better for him to build his body and work on his game in the 2’s.

Laverde is only giving glimpses right now but he certainly looks like he will become a player. Great balance, sidestep and seemingly the ability to shrug off the tackle. Lots to like. Once he supercharges his fitness I reckon he’s going to be a pretty important player for us.

Edwards is classy, no doubt about that. If we can harness his natural talent and continue to instil the work ethic, he definitely has spot in the seniors.

JD took a couple of fantastic grabs today under pressure and I’ll take those 2 goals every day of the week. He just needs to keep working at it. He also needs to forget about sooking every time he doesn’t take a mark, just needs to focus on repeat efforts.

And we keep Pick 4.

Make no mistake, we are going to get a GUN player this year.

GWS aren’t a bad team fwiw.

One thing that ■■■■■■ me off: Hooker scores a goal in the 3rd to bring us back in the game and tries his absolute best to lift the boys. Enthusiastic celebration, yelling excitedly. And none of the boys responded.

They could’ve at least looked ‘excited’ for the fans that travelled from Melbourne. Understand their circumstances but thought that aspect was disappointing.

One positive was that we got to hear the GWS theme song, that is really an excellent song.