Match Review vs Hawks Round 1

I forgot how emotionally exhausting it is to watch us play

51 Likes

Let’s go Flagombers

Match day thread indicated the win was never in doubt. Well done us.

12 Likes

That was an enjoyable easy breathing last quarter. Nice to have a comfortable margin in the end.

1 Like

See you all in deep September

5 Likes

Best part of today was when all the boys went and roughed up Sicily. Absolutely loved it and think it was great.

52 Likes

Are you going to Ibiza

45 Likes

Feeling pretty flat about that given how we ■■■■ we played for long periods and the injury to Reid. Still think Hawthorn are closer to being successful again than we are

4 Likes

Sort of the perfect win for me. I get to enjoy the win but there was enough negatives for me to harp on about for the rest of the week

81 Likes

Pretty underwhelming second quarter but I thought overall we were the better side, scoring shots aside.

We are winning no flag this year but it’s a ‘decent’ win (nothing more) to start a season where none of us really know what is going to happen.

Let’s not forget this Hawthorn side knocked off eventual Grand Finalists (Collingwood & Brisbane) comfortably in the second half of last season. They also knocked off St Kilda & the Western Bulldogs who were no pushovers either. They are an improved side from this time 12 months ago so it’s good to notch up a win against them.

17 Likes

Beat a team we should have beaten.

A few things to like, a couple of things to work on.

I’ll take it.

40 Likes

Go Bombers! Plenty to work on, not least transition defence (lol).

Caught the second half and thought Tsatas was our best.

Reid with a hammy hurts. Bloke is just made of tissue it seems.

1 Like

Any game where a) we beat the Hawks and b) batter another team on the inside, is a good day

6 Likes

Perkins also 9 score involvements, 2nd best on the ground. Also 8 clearances

Goldstein with 6

10 Likes

Perkins and Durham huge positives. If they can do that consistently and take some of the load off Parish and Merrett, that will be great for the club.

23 Likes

Always a good time beating the Hawks

Things to work on but happy with the win

6 Likes

Last week I had tickets for best seats in the house for today’s game and all the boys were going to the game. Then realised my son’s basketball semi final was on at 2:30pm so couldn’t go. Had kayo going on the phone so only got to see bits and pieces. Will watch the replay though. In other news my son scored the winning basket with 2 seconds on the clock to send his team to the grand final. Go Bombers and the Dragons next week.

59 Likes

Now to watch Mitchell’s presser and see him squirm

12 Likes

Hawks have still never beaten Essendon with Mitchell as coach.

The Jobe Watson curse lives on!

58 Likes

Harrison Jones -3 af points at half time
Hes gotta ho back to the mcgoos

11 Likes