Match Review vs Hawks Round 1

How good was Greshams goal bloke is always cracking in

25 Likes

A day where both teams struggled with the weather. Thought we were more lethargic through three quarters, their inaccuracy really cost them. No surprise we finished the stronger team

They ran through our zone too easily at times

I was cursing Archie early, but he ended up being BOG. Erased some early mistakes through greater application to the contest

A lot of guys rusty with disposal. Thought Martin stood out as he’s usually so good, but wasn’t alone

The ex-North boys were both fantastic. Goldy a huge reason for our CQ dominance, and McKay I don’t recall losing a contest

Cox battled all day, deserves credit

A lethargic spectacle, but a win feels nice

7 Likes

Underwhelming win. Perkins a clear standout. Martin and Redman had dirty days and our ability to defend the ground doesn’t seem to have had much improvement.

Take the W, but lots of work needed.

5 Likes

Caddy in please

5 Likes

Caddy in. Jones out.

22 Likes

Our game plan is so bad. I don’t know how we won that game.

5 Likes

Guelfi good

11 Likes

i can see why the coach has downplayed any potential improvement this season.
28 scoring shots to a bottom 3 side last year and 17 behinds to them.

great to get a win, by my god it’s only really due to the opposition being absolutely as ■■■■ as us.

4 Likes

We are (legit) morally ahead of FCFC.

7 Likes

More match winners.

The goals straight out of the centre were glorious.

But when we come forward slowly, and the opposition can assemble large numbers of players in our D50, our crumbing potency is non-existent.

1 Like

We kicked straight, otherwise we would have lost by 4 goals.

1 Like

Perkins BOG for me. We’ve been waiting a while’s for a performance like that, so really pleasing to see it from round 1

11 Likes

A good team with a competent forward line probably put us away by six to eight goals giving them that amount of opportunities

3 Likes

Which is rare of us haha

Just enjoy the win dude

5 Likes

yep - I liked how he didn’t drop his head when he got beaten and kept at it all day and notched up a number of wins. Got involved in a lot of the play and that’ll stand him in good stead for his development and confidence.

27 Likes

Enjoy the win peeps.

8 Likes

Duursma v D’Ambrosio on wing

12 possessions to 29.

8 Likes

Hawforn was our “opponent”.

2 Likes

Very happy with the win.

Was concerned about the game going in.

Helps to know who we have playing in the VFL as options to come into that team.

2 Likes