Match Review vs Hawks Round 1

d’ambrosio needs to work on his defensive efforts -blitz

2 Likes

Durrsma the weak one out of the 4 recruits he would want to improve next week if he wants to stay in the side

2 Likes

I hate when McGrath gets the ball. He should be doing everything possible to release Martin but no it’s all “look at me look at me”.

1 Like

No Goldy is bog

Very happy with the win.

Hawks were no bunnies they played well, glad breust and gunston missed a few though.

how good to see good games from Stringer 4 goals, Mcgrath 30+ from half back, Perkins have we found another tough guy inside who can kick goals as a mid BOG today.
McKay did what we wanted intercept and stood up well after reid subbed out.
Coxy had his hands full but battled well.

How many assists did Guelfi get, bloody good game.

Even Langford turned a poor first half into 3 goals in second half.
Pretty even performance, only Kelly got me annoyed.

Jones lead up the wing and tried hard.

Was happy with Massimos game he did well too.

4 Likes

Cox with the spoil of the year, back with the flight of the ball, pings off his finger tips to spoil, then the back of his head ricocheting off to one of our boys. Great peice of work :clap:

10 Likes

I’ll stick with Archie, but I’m not going to argue against Goldy either

1 Like

Are you serious? Martin was atrocious today. Turned it over repeatedly, didn’t defend well, was soft at many contests and decision making was terrible. Worst game he has played. Put him back on a wing where he belongs.

12 Likes

parish would’ve gotten more clearances than rowell roving to goldy today.

10 Likes

Don’t you get that if a goal is kicked instead of a point that the ball goes back to the center! The whole game changes. All those misses they had don’t count. We won 18/9 Centre clearances so a goal to them probably would’ve helped us

4 Likes

Happy for Mckay new club,first up win

7 Likes

SO farking great to beat the dorks! Again.

3 Likes

I did not like Martin back. Thought he looked lost and does not have a burst of speed to chase down defensively. He can roam up and down the wing all day- put him back there.

10 Likes

We stood up really well in the conditions. I hope Cox and Jones are given a bit of a run…Jones did plenty of good stuff without impacting the scoreboard. He will only improve and Cox could be anything.

3 Likes

And Mitchells reaction

Eat a bag of ■■■■■ you jabber jesture fck

32 Likes

A wins a win, we are 5th and Collingwood are last. Gonna enjoy it while I can (the way things should be)

All in all I saw some slick plays and some absolutely messy stuff. If we could just tighten it up we could go alright this season.

So go dons

9 Likes

I must have watched a different game. Get Caddy in the side immediately.

7 Likes

Well said that man!

1 Like

Couldn’t watch the game on TV so listened to SEN sports. I did enjoy Hodge becoming less vocal when we started to pull away. SEN sports commentary is more like barracking than commentating. Hard to tell how we were going because of how biased the commentators were.

5 Likes

Check out ~0:36 in this video. Did Sicily lay the boot into McGrath? https://www.afl.com.au/video/1087297/early-fireworks-as-bombers-swarm-irate-sicily?videoId=1087297&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1710557748001

5 Likes