Match review vs North

Midfield back to their down hill skiing best. Slow enough as it is we cant have players like Stanton, Zaka and Howlett putting in half arsed efforts defensively, especially with Jobe playing with his injury. Trade some talls for pacy midfielders. We need more selection pressure.

So thats 3 years in a row we have turned into laughing stocks............this year we have a an excuse because no team could keep going with the ■■■■■ that is happening at the club.

But.............maybe this drug saga galvanised us so much early in the season that we played at our absolute maximum which got us over the line in a few close games........Freo,Eagles, Bloos etc

Our form the last 10 weeks has been very ordinary including the 6 in a row we won prior to Hawks match

Maybe, just maybe, we are not that good

I think your right we are not that good. And the thing is if we lose draft picks then next year we'll be worse. Can someone please tell me two or three players on the list that is going to get better next year? Or some good players in the VFL comin through... I couldn't think of any....our best currency players would be belly Cameri and gumby, I don't think anyone would touch pears. Trade all three and get a couple of young mids

I know it's early on but I struggle to see why we're persevering with NOB. I honestly don't recall off the top of my head, anything he has done this year that has been any good. Surely Kavanagh gets a spot ahead of him right now. 

They have 3 weeks left (most likely), they need to work hard on the track, put in solid training sessions, get the kicking and handballing up to scratch. No bonding crap, no focus on anything but a hunger to get that footy and move it on with precision. Work their arses off for 3 weeks, and then take a hugely well-earned break from it all. Leave nothing out on the field by the end of the elim final. There just needs to be one more win in there somewhere.

Leroy - soft

Pears - spud

Zaharakis - good for one game a year

Few others are simply downhill skiers

Seriously let just take the stripping of all premiership points this year and avoid further embarrassment for the year.

If the afl want to really punish then they should let us play finals.

When I look at the other sides NONE drop off like we do(every year),they either good,average or shithouse from start to Finnish.

Brent Stanton has been playing for 10 years and still drops off every year,he is not a GWS youngster,that says alot about our club!

where is gumby or hurls to bag forward........

I know it's early on but I struggle to see why we're persevering with NOB. I honestly don't recall off the top of my head, anything he has done this year that has been any good. Surely Kavanagh gets a spot ahead of him right now.

Played a good tagging role on Callam Ward few weeks back.
Only played 5 games or so. I agree he doesn't have any super standout qualities but happy to see him play out the year.

If you had of compared the team in the first half to the second half. You would have thought that they were different sides.
It's an attitude problem not a fitness ASADA issue.
Zaharakis is not taking accountability and needs to be dropped he isn't putting in the effort.
Watson, Heppell, Jason Winderlich, Pig, Melkshake, Carlisle, Bagualy and Daniher are the only the only players putting in 100 percent week in week out.
Is this how you want to be remembered in 2013 Bombers? When the going gets tough you just rolled over? Disgusting.

**** me dead. Just quietly, don't you reckon all this **** going on off-field might be affecting 'attitude'? Every chance a lot of these guys are having sleepless nights, they get hounded everywhere they go. We complain as supporters how tough it is dealing with the nuff nuff supporters of other clubs. Well magnify that by a thousand. You go out to buy a litre of milk to put on the cornflakes. Everyone looks at you. Some Carlton scum hurls abuse at you. The guy at the counter makes a comment. This happens every day, and every time you go out. You get called a drug cheat. Your club is dragged through the muck. You can't turn on the TV or pick up a newspaper without this ****. You have to be superman not be affected by that.

Christ, I get sick of armchair critics having a go at guys doing things they could never hope to do.
Yup agreed about the armchair critics. Even the fans having a go at Riemers, well even if you didn't like him, he actually played for Essendon and kicked 8 goals once, how many fans have done that. But the point is, that AFL is a hard game. Player routines are crazy. Every team has a 6% chance of winning a grand final each year. It's hard.
there is nothing wrong with letting of a bit of steam. People are entitled to their opinion.
Yup agreed with that. Fans entitled to vent. We just want to see some finals success for once.

Aren't we one of the most successful clubs??

Historically, yes.

Take the Sheedy years out of the last 45 and the results are very very dismal indeed.

Worse: over the last 12 years, every extant AfL club has won a final except us and Richmond.

Richmond may well change their record this year.

Especially if they meet us in finals.

Davey actually played well I thought. Ran tackled kicked goals.

JD should have kicked 4 or more but will come with game time and confidence

Showed me some hope for a FWD line. I would like to see

CHF winders Hurley Crammers

FF Davey JD kommer /dell

A touch unfair on Zaka.  His form prior to being the victim of Baguley‘s hospital ball in the bulldogs game was pretty solid.

Davey actually played well I thought. Ran tackled kicked goals.

I agree.  It's not saying much, but he was probably in our best handful of players.  Some nitwit on MMM gave him worst on ground.

We will rise again. Keep the faith. Hard to judge players when the whole team is spooked and under the pump in a once in a generation saga

Yes some issues need to be addressed - Keep backing them in

A touch unfair on Zaka.  His form prior to being the victim of Baguley‘s hospital ball in the bulldogs game was pretty solid.

Why is there always an injury excuse when one of our players plays badly. There is always an excuse why Zaka or Crameri won't chase. If they are injured constantly then don't play them, it's just selfish if they are playing injured or lazy and insipid if they are not injured.

hille should have played, our fwd structure was farked without tbell fwd and jd got bent over whenever i went into the ruck.

nice to see we were friendly about giving them a spare down back for large chunks of the day, i love how it allows us to completely control the game, you know just like it did last week.

i also liked how we handballed to eachother's feet all day. that was great, even jobe got in on the act by the end of the day it was so much fun.

we also kicked over people's heads particularly well today, another tick.

the team team is so devoid and confidence and form, pretty damn frustrating going to the footy at the moment, hard to blame the players though.

we need to find something quick, and trb needs to fix the fwd line and ball movement. 

Ivan, agree Hille should have played.

Our forward line structure was stuffed because we insisted on playing 7 defenders and a spud like Hansen had a picnic in Q1.  Everyone knows he is hopeless 1:1 and we should have gone 7 forwards to ensure he is manned up and instructed the players to play though Hansen's opponent.

Players up the field hesitated often because we didn't have any forwards to kick to and could only see free North jumpers.  This started the cycle (again) of sideways football with silly handballs & very short passes by foot.

Bizarrely, we seemed to play much better with JD in the ruck in Q4 - he was now worse than Bellchambers in the ruck but seemed to know instinctively where to run to and be part of the play.  He must be perservered with going forward.

Dalgleish was a breath of fresh of air in 1H with his kicking and a couple of great runs from half back.  Did disappear completely after half time but that's not surprising for a youngster in his first game.

Most disappointing is that North went in with their two best inside mids (Swallow, Ziebel) and best tall defender (Thompson) with both Harvey & Thomas well held by Hocking & Baguley respectively.

Pears & Hardingham are not AFL standard, that much is very, very obvious.  Zaka is either not right or needs a game in the seconds to realise its a privilege, not a given right, to play in the seniors.  Melksham copped that much earlier this year and came back a vastly improved player.

Nick O'Brien looked lost and unsure of what role he was meant to be playing.  Jetta teased as always that he might do something but, as always, managed to choose the wrong option or execute the wrong way just when you thought he might cause the opposition some real damage.

Jobe won a lot of the ball but even he seemed to fumble occasionally.  Thought he tackled well though & did seem to play better as the game went on.

I thought our work ethic, whilst still not good enough, was far better than last week. We certainly did not drop away in Q4 like last week and fought the game right out.

I do not see the point in playing Pears or Hardingham given the number of repeated stuff ups.  Zaka needs a rocket via a run in the seconds.  Heppell is injured and will miss I assume.

Hopefully we have all of Ryder, Hurley & Myers back to replace Pears, Hardingham & N'OB.  I would also bring Kavanagh in for Heppell.  Not sure whose left to bring in for Zaka given Colyer may be injured. I'd be very tempted to replace B'chambers with Hille.  Three talls down back would be Carlisle/Hurley/Hooker.  Three talls forward would be JD/Crameri/B'chambers (Hille).

What we seem to have, as with the last 3-4-5-6+ years is a crisis of confidence with about 6 rounds to go in the season.  We have a combination of some injuries and the investigation to thank for that.  We just have to keep working at it, eliminate the clanger kings (why Pears & Hardingham have to go), play 6 forwards and remember not handball to a player who is flat footed or under more pressure than you.  Just the basics, that's all.  There were a few brief signs during Q4 of a shadow of confidence returning but they got swamped by a few more errors. We have to hang in there and tough it out, there is no other way.

Max, on BB there is always someone who will come up with an excuse about any poor performance by anyone at EFC.

The worse the performance, the more imaginative and ■■■■-weak the excuse.

I don’t give a ■■■■ about results at the moment. We are done. I just can’t stand seeing the effect this is having on them, not just as a footy team, This is a human tragedy over a footy one.

From the coach to the doc, this is just f.ucked. I don’t care anymore. F.uck the Afl, and F.uck footy if this is what the paparazzi wants and feels is necessary, they can stick it up their arses.

Rant over, what a terrible game of footy.

By the way, I have nothing but admiration for everyone at the efc. Chin up all

Why is there always an injury excuse when one of our players plays badly. There is always an excuse why Zaka or Crameri won't chase. If they are injured constantly then don't play them, it's just selfish if they are playing injured or lazy and insipid if they are not injured.

I responded to a comment saying he's good for one game a year, which is simply incorrect.  For the record, he was close to our best against Port (the week before he got injured), missed a game after the Dogs game (they said he'd probably miss 3) and has been crap ever since. 

And no, there is no excuse for not chasing or putting up your hand to play if you're not fit.

Forget the asada excuse, last year it was injuries, the year before a young team…gee these boys love an excuse for the total crap they dish out. As a supporter you would go crazy trying to reason why this group of men can’t play out a full season, how they go from deserving top 6 side to not deserving a place in the comp…how can your best and worst be so far apart…every year… As supporters we will all front up next year to wave the flag but it would take the eternal optimist to think that we won’t fall apart at some stage in the year…professional sportsmen, it’s a joke!!!