Match review vs North

If you had of compared the team in the first half to the second half. You would have thought that they were different sides.
It's an attitude problem not a fitness ASADA issue.
Zaharakis is not taking accountability and needs to be dropped he isn't putting in the effort.
Watson, Heppell, Jason Winderlich, Pig, Melkshake, Carlisle, Bagualy and Daniher are the only the only players putting in 100 percent week in week out.
Is this how you want to be remembered in 2013 Bombers? When the going gets tough you just rolled over? Disgusting.

■■■■ me dead. Just quietly, don't you reckon all this ■■■■ going on off-field might be affecting 'attitude'? Every chance a lot of these guys are having sleepless nights, they get hounded everywhere they go. We complain as supporters how tough it is dealing with the nuff nuff supporters of other clubs. Well magnify that by a thousand. You go out to buy a litre of milk to put on the cornflakes. Everyone looks at you. Some Carlton scum hurls abuse at you. The guy at the counter makes a comment. This happens every day, and every time you go out. You get called a drug cheat. Your club is dragged through the muck. You can't turn on the TV or pick up a newspaper without this ■■■■. You have to be superman not be affected by that.

Christ, I get sick of armchair critics having a go at guys doing things they could never hope to do.

actually we played well.

we have hit the wall physically.

again. dunno why, but we do. Im sure the asada thing is playing a part, but how much?

All of a sudden we can't run, chase, tackle or hit a target.

How many hanballs to the feet? how many handballs over the head?

how many times do we go inboard from half back, to players surrounded and absolutely not on, just to turn it over?

I have no idea what it is, but it is happening again.

I went into football depression during, and immediately after that game. Watching the last 3 weeks unfold on field, coupled with the ASADA nightmare has been exhasting.

Then I thought, ■■■■, I wonder how exhasting it must be for the players and coaches.

Hird looked rudderless in the box, absolutely stuffed. And who can blame him?

The synergy of the team has fallen apart, and heads dropped very quickly when North kicked ahead early in the game.

It's ■■■■■■ tough going at the moment.

I'd send the boys away for 3 days to a hideaway down the great Ocean Road, or in land up bush.

Have a laugh, have a beer-reconnect.

For the first time all year, it looks as though we are beginning to have more wins off field than on.

If you had of compared the team in the first half to the second half. You would have thought that they were different sides.
Zaharakis is not taking accountability and needs to be dropped he isn't putting in the effort.
Watson, Heppell, Jason Winderlich, Pig, Melkshake, Carlisle, Bagualy and Daniher are the only the only players putting in 100 percent week in week out.
Is this how you want to be remembered in 2013 Bombers? When the going gets tough you just rolled over? Disgusting.

**** me dead. Just quietly, don't you reckon all this **** going on off-field might be affecting 'attitude'? Every chance a lot of these guys are having sleepless nights, they get hounded everywhere they go. We complain as supporters how tough it is dealing with the nuff nuff supporters of other clubs. Well magnify that by a thousand. You go out to buy a litre of milk to put on the cornflakes. Everyone looks at you. Some Carlton scum hurls abuse at you. The guy at the counter makes a comment. This happens every day, and every time you go out. You get called a drug cheat. Your club is dragged through the muck. You can't turn on the TV or pick up a newspaper without this ****. You have to be superman not be affected by that.

Christ, I get sick of armchair critics having a go at guys doing things they could never hope to do.

Yup agreed about the armchair critics. Even the fans having a go at Riemers, well even if you didn't like him, he actually played for Essendon and kicked 8 goals once, how many fans have done that. But the point is, that AFL is a hard game. Player routines are crazy. Every team has a 6% chance of winning a grand final each year. It's hard.

Spent the second half on Zaka Watch. Geez talk about playing like you're an automatic selection. Runs ■■■■■■ hard when he might get a kick, slow jog around the rest of the time. Didn't see him run hard to create an option or to push into space once. Lost count of the amount of times the play went past him. Did basically nothing. Also blasted Hibberd for not giving him a handball while play was still going, then when the stoppage was called turned around and kept going. Ordinary from someone who's meant to be a senior player.
Drop him or put him in the green vest. ■■■■■■ ordinary for weeks.

Agree 100%. Once i knew North had the game in the bag i spent a good 45min just watching Zaka. He was terrible. He is choosing when to run and present and when to not. Hasn't played well for a long long time. I would drop him just to make a statement and let him know that he hasn't "made it" in AFL just yet.

I really do feel sorry for our defenders, mids aren't helping out, no forward line pressure. Ball just keeps getting pumped in there. Then you have guys like Petrie and Thomas throwing themselves to the ground getting free kicks. 

Apart from Melksham who was very good. Our mids were terrible, have gone back to their one way running.

Joe looked very good today. Just needs to nail those set shots. Hardy isn't a forward- and he is an average defender- not sure what to do with him. Crameri looked ok in patches.

Thought TBell was very lazy today, he just doesn't seem to want to work hard off the ball- his contested marking has fallen right away as well.

Once again the opposition put a spare man in defense, and cut out the majority the we pumped forward. TRB have to fix this, it's been a problem all fking year!!!

Please get someone down to the club that can teach the players how to kick for goal.

I thought the effort and intensity in the 1st half was great. Then nowhere to be seen in the 2nd half.

Skills and decision making was beyond terrible. Missing targets by hand and foot.When we took risks and played on quickly up the middle we looked dangerous. If you are going tos witch the ball you must do 2 things:

*hit the target

*move it on fast, otherwise it allows the opposition to get back in numbers.

# after the hawks game i was proud that we gave it our all, but dissapointed that we lost.

# was very flat after the pies game

# livid after the game against WC

# Games like today make you wonder why you get so emotionally invested in footy- can be so heartbreaking at times. Especially seeing the same things year after year.

I'll still be back to cheer on the boys next week, but today was very tough to sit through.

**** me dead. Just quietly, don't you reckon all this **** going on off-field might be affecting 'attitude'? Every chance a lot of these guys are having sleepless nights, they get hounded everywhere they go. We complain as supporters how tough it is dealing with the nuff nuff supporters of other clubs. Well magnify that by a thousand. You go out to buy a litre of milk to put on the cornflakes. Everyone looks at you. Some Carlton scum hurls abuse at you. The guy at the counter makes a comment. This happens every day, and every time you go out. You get called a drug cheat. Your club is dragged through the muck. You can't turn on the TV or pick up a newspaper without this ****. You have to be superman not be affected by that.

Yup agreed about the armchair critics. Even the fans having a go at Riemers, well even if you didn't like him, he actually played for Essendon and kicked 8 goals once, how many fans have done that. But the point is, that AFL is a hard game. Player routines are crazy. Every team has a 6% chance of winning a grand final each year. It's hard.

there is nothing wrong with letting of a bit of steam. People are entitled to their opinion.

Extremely unlucky to have Heppell injured. Hope he can be right for the finals. I agree with the strategy of playing our B team for the next two games and concentrate our effort in getting the A team cherry ripe for the finals. If we can win one or dare I say two in the final series, it wil give the side and fans a tremendous fillip going into 2014. In the meantime, I can only console myself with seeing the Wegales belted by the Cats.

That spare man in defence worked a treat again

Well it worked for North.  Seriously, how the TRB didn't sent someone to man up Hansen is beyond me.

there is nothing wrong with letting of a bit of steam. People are entitled to their opinion.

Yup agreed with that. Fans entitled to vent. We just want to see some finals success for once.

■■■■ me weren't you a bloke in the match thread complaining that we don't have a player who can change the game like Michael Jordan.

Get off your high horse, you're no better then the people you're complaining about.

If the AFL really want to punish us, they should make us play Melbourne and GWS in the last few rounds next year....

It's hard not get frustrated at the team at the moment, but I'm not really sure what can be done about it. The only real positive is that we only have one game before the end of the year that matters, and that's the first final. Realistically, we can treat the next two weeks like pre-season games, as we are playing either Collingwood or Richmond at the G regardless. Might be time to 'try' something. 

Also, with Melksham being the most damaging midfeilder and Hardingham flying in the forward line... it almost felt like 2010. And just on Hardingham; I haven't played competitive footy for about 8 years, yet I can still kick a footy better than him. 

I'm trying not to get too down on the loss, I was expecting it anyway and the injury toll is really starting to mount up. Some random thoughts:

- I'm not going to say anything about Joe's goal kicking. I get the feeling it will come up a fair bit over the next ten years. He knows where to lead though... 

- Has Crameri been limping since last years Brisbane game? 

- Just when you think Pears was coming good...

- Hibbo is a freaking superstar.

- Melksham deserves massive man-love from every supporter. 

**** me weren't you a bloke in the match thread complaining that we don't have a player who can change the game like Michael Jordan.

Get off your high horse, you're no better then the people you're complaining about.

you're right . I did get a little frustrated, no doubt about that. but I've cooled off a bit now.

I honestly laugh that some of you think that the form slump is wholly due to the Asada investigation. The reality is this is becoming an extremely worrying trend under Hird. We are a shambles at the moment. Melbourne would beat us right now, and unless the EFC acknowledges that there is a problem it will happen again next year. Clean out the whole f****** high performance team and recruit Andrew Russell from Hawthorn. We have even blown out a couple of hammys the last couple of weeks, and guess what, the weapon is not there anymore. I'm sick of the lack of professionalism at this once great club.

2 hammys is not a whole teams worth of hammies.
get a grip

It's still a problem, but maybe I overstated it. Haha

I honestly laugh that some of you think that the form slump is wholly due to the Asada investigation. The reality is this is becoming an extremely worrying trend under Hird. We are a shambles at the moment. Melbourne would beat us right now, and unless the EFC acknowledges that there is a problem it will happen again next year. Clean out the whole f****** high performance team and recruit Andrew Russell from Hawthorn. We have even blown out a couple of hammys the last couple of weeks, and guess what, the weapon is not there anymore. I'm sick of the lack of professionalism at this once great club.

And while they are at it, get a farking forward line coach who actually knows how  to get a forward line to function - let alone be good!

Patience grasshoppers. And remember this year, it doesn't matter if you're 5th to 7th - with the probablility that 5th to 8th will be Coll, Rich, Ess, Carl, all games will be at the G anyway. If Port finish 8th, it would be great to finish 5th I suppose - but the likelihood is that Carlscum will finish 8th, making it a pointless activity to try and finish 5th. Home ground advantage doesn't matter when we all play at the G.

In the knowledge that most clubs work in 4 week blocks, I hope to Huitzilopochtli that we have been copping a pasting on the track for the last month with the intention of freshening up at the right time of the year.

Because otherwise, we suck again.

NO’B, I just don’t see an afl career in him. He’s an average skilled plodder. And god knows we have enough plodders in our team already.

Tough call on a guy in his third year but I just don’t see it.

hille should have played, our fwd structure was farked without tbell fwd and jd got bent over whenever i went into the ruck.

nice to see we were friendly about giving them a spare down back for large chunks of the day, i love how it allows us to completely control the game, you know just like it did last week.

i also liked how we handballed to eachother's feet all day. that was great, even jobe got in on the act by the end of the day it was so much fun.

we also kicked over people's heads particularly well today, another tick.

the team team is so devoid and confidence and form, pretty damn frustrating going to the footy at the moment, hard to blame the players though.

we need to find something quick, and trb needs to fix the fwd line and ball movement. 

NO'B, I just don't see an afl career in him. He's an average skilled plodder. And god knows we have enough plodders in our team already.
Tough call on a guy in his third year but I just don't see it.

Second year.
Did he have a tagging role today?

Yup agreed with that. Fans entitled to vent. We just want to see some finals success for once.

Aren't we one of the most successful clubs??