Match thread vs Hawthorn Round 1 2024

It’s that time of year again

32 Likes

That short time in the thread’s life before it all goes to sh*t

4 Likes

30 Likes

Hark Fawthorn

11 Likes

Please be good… please be good… please be good…

16 Likes
5 Likes

They’re clearly going to burn us off for pace and Brad will be in denial.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to work on my tan at the G.

Thanks again Tixel :+1:

2 Likes

Disappoint me Essendon, bring me to the cusp of despair and enrage me like only you can do.

29 Likes

Hey everyone. As we all know, we have not won a finals game in the last 20 years and have been subjected to all kinds of AFL and government sanctioned abuse.

In all that time I have been living outside Victoria so had to pay to see Essendon games via Rupert’s evil empire (Foxtel, Kayo).

Coincidence? Let’s test it.

But this is the first time since 2005 Rupert will have to survive without my $$$.

So thank me later this year when we finally win a final.

19 Likes

I live in the UK, and watch every match live, if I can - even if I have to get up at 4am.

Tomorrow’s match is at 2.45 am, which is just that bit too early. I’ll avoid my phone in the morning, and watch it from about 6am delayed.

UKB

48 Likes

Absolutely in the bag, let’s ■■■■ em up

5 Likes

This squad announcement is the most competitive team for spots we have had for awhile.
I am interested to see how we go with the sub
Options between Cox and Guelfi today.
Menzie deserves a full game to show his partnership between Gresh. Both have developed a great connection very quickly which I have seen develop this pre season.

Interested that Draper Hind and Laverde are emergency pushing back the likes of Bryan out of the top 26players in this squad.

Parish, Draper and Shiel and Ridley round out to a squad of 30 all out injured.

Then we then have 1 other player categorised as experienced and that is weidemen (depth for forward crisis as everyone hear keeps saying)

Then the next group Hayes, Junior, Jayden, Roberts, Lual will develop nicely in a more experienced squad of depth at VFL level.

Then we hope to have Tex and Baldwin up and running by round 10/12. Vigo learning the ropes in the VFL with Bryan could by then of year go past him or push Bryan to be better.

Hunter out Indefinite.

3 Likes

Essendon are going to win, just to spite Blitz

10 Likes

I’d take it

1 Like

Reid. Tsatsas. Caldwell. :slightly_smiling_face:.

Win and we are in the 8 whilst Richmond and Collingwood are 0-2

Lose and well its just like we have ever been.

Just show me some next gen talent playing good football brad amongst the golden oldies he names each week.

4 Likes

41 point victory to kick off the year.

3 Likes

Have not been down to the G for a few years. Had an interesting night in East Melbourne…all sorts out and about….plenty of chirpy Pies supporters heading to the ground…not so chirpy on the way home.
:+1:. Pretty pumped to be here and looking forward to a great win by us.
Thank you Melb for turning on some decent weather.

21 Likes

I’m always nervous when we play Hawthorn. Well actually I’m always nervous when we play anyone. But I’m especially nervous about Hawthorn because one thing Hawthorn teams always do is play hard, and nobody could say that we always play hard. In fact our speciality is not playing hard when we need to.

Also, we don’t have any real lightning pace in the team anywhere on the ground, and our forward line looks suss.

I’m not in Melbourne so I won’t be there, but I’ll be watching on TV. I’m hopeful but not optimistic.

4 Likes