Match thread vs Hawthorn Round 1 2024

We’ve decided to take up position standing behind the Hawthorn nest and will be seriously paying out on anything Sis, Duke, Scrim, Gini, Wiz.

1 Like

My prediction is we’ll start weill but blow our chances in front of goal and trail 2.5 to 3.1 at qtr time or some ■■■■ like that. In the second or 3rd quarter we’ll play scintillating footy for about 20 minutes and blow tge game open, only to be bog average for the rest of the game. Dons by 20

3 Likes

You’re welcome

1 Like

Does it even feel like Round 1? Weird feeling.

Still mid-March, still summery weather, still the same undeserved levels of optimism which will eventually lead to explosive disappointment…

Been a nice six months not having to think about this basket case onfield.

16 Likes

Scores still tied. We haven’t shown much yet.

4 Likes

On paper we should smack them but they had some great wins last year Including the Lions and the Dogs and Collingwood in Rd’s 21 and 22, they are well drilled and can turn it on, going to be tough today and any win will be a good one, go Dons.

2 Likes

It appears that you’ve seen this movie before.

6 Likes

Langford
Wright
Goldstein
Reid
McKay

Thats a pretty good tall spine, surely structurally we will look settled, workrate must be on point and we win.

1 Like

Footy is back. Most fun part of the year.

Go Bombers!

13 Likes

Dons by 74.

15 Likes

Wow, so many negative people on here, we will win todat no doubt.

1 Like

We would want to win this and win it well. Next week is going to be tough.

1 Like

To get the juices flowing ……smash the Hawks

9 Likes

Where is the grog squad going to be? Behind Hawks cheer squad?

I have this feeling deep down inside that we are going to get smashed today.

I hope I am wrong……

I’ve got the complete opposite feeling …….we are going to smash the Hawks

7 Likes

Nope. The first game is still 169 hours away.

Hurry up.

2 Likes

The dampener : Watson and Ginnivan to kick 6 between them and Breust his normal 4. They will only need 13 goals to beat us, so 4 points to them. Never felt flatter about a start to season, we finished last season horribly and have done and said nothing in the preseason to make me think things will be different

Add to that team selection, Kelly, Guelfi…honestly! Apart from Merret, find me one A grade player in that team…I can see at least 3 in the Dawks team, Newcombe, Sicily & Bruest……Dawks by 20

2 Likes

It’s finally here

1 Like

Welcome aboard UKB, watch at 2.45 and I promise to do the same in the Ashes- deal?

2 Likes