Match thread vs West Coast - Round 11 2023

Any news on

?

Is he IN?

2 Likes

It’s quite interesting reading this thread. I was expecting it to be full of posts about how we’re going to take West Coast apart and boost our percentage and all that stuff, but in fact the majority are very wary about this game, and I hope the players are too. As @swoodley pointed out above, West Coast were just as ■■■■■■ last year as they are this year, but they still managed to beat us. It’s never easy to win in Perth and the players will need to be 100% focussed and aggressive from the very first bounce and maintain it right through to the end. I’ve got some confidence that they will, but I’m nervous too.

1 Like

1 Like

they can barely field 22 let alone have someone half decent take themselves out of the game to tag Merrett - who is actually ok at handling a tag

If gets his chance in front of goals he will Nayl a few.

7 Likes

Plenty of space for our guys to hit their km markers.

Our performance team will be proud.

I reckon WC will respond but we will still win comfortably.

Having said that, their response to getting flogged at home by GC was to get flogged even more by the Hawks….

1 Like

surely

12 Likes

Geez I hate Carlton and Collingwood, but not as much as I hate essington.

1 Like

Last season

Kennedy 5, Cripps 3, Rioli 3, Darling 2, Ryan 2,

Where are their goals going to come from Waterman,Allen who else?

They are ■■■■■■ there is no way we lose tonight you could argue Eagles will bring a better effort but still end up losing.

Essington could show up and still end up winning by 5 goals thats how stuffed the Eagles are

2 Likes

Don’t mind the idea of Barrass following Weid around.

Also, I can see why I often avoid the game day thread.

1 Like

Just understand we are fkd WIMMERA

1 Like

247 goal loss coming up

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

MESSAGES ON HOLD.

It would be disappointing if we lost this match in light of our performances this year. In saying that, a loss/win would be a useful indicator of how much change B_Scott has actually brought about.

2 Likes

The firm evidence is on the Essendon website where they have named the VFL team for Sunday:

IN: K. Baldwin, N. Cox, A. Davey, M. D’Ambrosio, M. Foley, J. Hotchkin
OUT: M. Guelfi (AFL), N. Bryan (AFL emergency), A. Munkara (managed), A. Harris, H. Minton-Connell, J. Moorhead

You will note that all the other emergencies are named as ins, even though ADJ and Mass are also travelling to Perth.

This says to me as a minimum Bryan is sub, but even more likely is coming into the main side, and the sub is out of ADJ and Mass, and depending on how much time the sub gets to play, may also play on Sunday in the VFL.

2 Likes

Is H. Minton-Connell from the reserves related to Simon Minton-Connell? That guy could football.

Need to bring some mongrel to this game.

Ski Jacket Headlock Guy (1991 round 8):

0e5a2b20ad25b85a3d00971f8a38d1d59f21364f

4 Likes

Yes he is Simon’s son
Plays for Sunbury lions

2 Likes

Look how much better the jumper looks without the sponsor clutter :persevere:

4 Likes