Match thread vs West Coast - Round 11 2023

Yep - a strong win here followed by a consistent 4 quarter effort and burial against Fark Carlton would go a long way to banishing the demons of recent years past.

2 Likes

Are you new to Essendon?

After working our backsides off and playing (mostly) good footy against the better teams, you’d hope we don’t switch off mentally now that we are playing one of the battlers. If we play at the same intensity, and cut out many of the skill errors of the past couple of games, we should win this with a leg in the air.

In saying that, after seeing WC were $11 during the week, I took out a small ‘insurance policy’. Happy to lose the ‘premium’ but at least the sportsbet account will be healthier if disaster strikes.

1 Like

I’ll be out tonight. If the servers break, it’s been a pleasure engaging with most of you.

8 Likes

Welcome to Nino’s world.

1 Like

Don’t think this will be an easy kill. Would happily take a 5 goal win and no injuries/suspensions.

1 Like

Swans beat Blues, Hawks beat Saints, Freo leading Dees.

Seems like a round for the underdogs…eek.

2 Likes

Heading to the ground now and am nervous we will go full Essington. Im psycholgically scarred and have PTSD from all the previous floggings Ive seen in Perth over the past 20 years. No such thing as an easy win over here

10 Likes

If Bryan is named in the side I think that will indicate that Brad didn’t give a crap about flagging it.

The VFL game is tomorrow afternoon and if you didn’t use your sub, let alone an unused emergency, or the sub didn’t get much of a run, why wouldn’t you give them game time tomorrow afternoon?

Hmmm nervous game this one now

Upsets galore

2 Likes

Yep. And we have some decent ins but our midfield is still going to be very young.

Hobbs and Caldwell say, shut up!

1 Like

I think for some reason I’m too scared to even watch it live and will just look at the final score.
The thought of somehow losing this one and watching that happen live is a no no.

Nah.

The more upsets before our game means greater chance things go to script in ours.

Get the upsets out the way early.

4 Likes

Non-WA supporters will never really understand what its like to sit amongst this squabbly rubble of ■■■■■, knowing you’re going to lose every single time, on the one day per year you can watch them live.

Dare I say with each passing sip of this cold beer I am becoming increasingly optimistic.

Can’t wait to wave them off at quarter time.

10 Likes

8 Likes

So many here of such little faith.

1 Like

I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

5 Likes

I have a bible of positivity here Uncle Jack, we are going to win by 10 goals minimum.
Believe
Believe
Believe

Can’t wait for you to jot down notes late in the 3rd when Langford slots his 6th!

2 Likes

Anyone have any idea what guernsey we’re wearing today?

From memory we’ve never done the double up indigenous guernsey and only play in it once. Hope we change that.