Matchday thread 'Dreamtime at the G'

No Smack in the VFL.

Could have a late change

Came down from Brisbane with all the family to see Fletch and the boys. Pumped for a big game. Got a feeling the boys will deliver tonight...

Feelings are overrated…

This is a rather muted response…Have we submitted to our fate?

I liked a lot of what we did tonight. From the backline up until around 70m from goal we were pretty good. We just missed far too many chances. Carlisle was brilliant, his hands were beautiful, moved well, gave both Chaplin and Rance the run-around but his finish was terrible. We just do not get value for effort. We dominated the third term, got within a point but just couldn't capitalise. That's what it boils down to. Yes I'd like some more pace in the team, but that is not the biggest concern for mine. So disappointed that we didn't win for Fletch but we have been shocking in milestone games for a long time...

Speed not the issue, class use of ball is…that last kick inside 50 is woefull and it’s not just the young guys doing it…Goddard, Hurley and Watson all made poor decisions going inside 50 in that last quarter…what is really concerning is that I am not sure you can teach that kind of composure

Ball use ids issue but speed is too. We find it incredibly difficult to get any separation anywhere on the ground. Dalgleish in the backline and one of Edwards or Laverde forward reacing Ambrose would make a big difference to our spread

I don’t know with what the players are going through with this on-going ASADA thing, Hirdy could find it within himself to give the players a spray. Maybe its time to tank.

Hats off to Fletch though what a champion.

Really disappointing night.

Good to see Buckets clunk a few.

That’s all I’ve got without going full retardo.

I liked a lot of what we did tonight. From the backline up until around 70m from goal we were pretty good. We just missed far too many chances. Carlisle was brilliant, his hands were beautiful, moved well, gave both Chaplin and Rance the run-around but his finish was terrible. We just do not get value for effort. We dominated the third term, got within a point but just couldn't capitalise. That's what it boils down to. Yes I'd like some more pace in the team, but that is not the biggest concern for mine. So disappointed that we didn't win for Fletch but we have been shocking in milestone games for a long time...

Quoted for the sensible & rational blitzers

Posted for the majority.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic7CeQTsCM0

Speed not the issue, class use of ball is…that last kick inside 50 is woefull and it’s not just the young guys doing it…Goddard, Hurley and Watson all made poor decisions going inside 50 in that last quarter…what is really concerning is that I am not sure you can teach that kind of composure

Oh boy. Been signs, now it's FACT-we are cooked from the top down, the saga has really taken its toll.

Hirdy looks really stuffed,and emotionless…Jobe a shadow of his former self, and that’s where it begins.

THAT coaching and playing performance was extremely flat considering the occasion and importance in the context of staying in touch with finals.

I would never jump to these conclusions but writing has been on the wall for a couple weeks.

Gleeson can provide so much run. Get him f’ken on at the end of the 3rd/start of 4th.

Cooney played deep forward too long, we needed his run through the middle earlier.

Chappy I’m afraid is close to cooked.

Bellchambers- intensity of a supermodel.

LOL

Dogs and GWS are going past us. At least Port are back to our level. Thanks Judas.

Another fing season of us being crap - and I have to listen to Richmond and Collingwood supporters all day tomorrow. What have I done to deserve this?

Guys Girls sorry not one for naming and shaming. But we need more from guys like Melksham. Thought Hepp, Jobe, Ambrose, Chap, Cooney all a mile off it tonight as well. Like all of you just ■■■■■■ off that for over a decade we have been ■■■■. I reckon we have the ingredients but not clicking for what ever reason.

Too slow im afraid, Goddard, Chappy, Jobe, Dyson, Melks just lack the zip we need. Not sure we have it in the Reserves either. Need a quick midfielder as sub not another hbf who cannot impact the game with fresh legs
Might be time to suggest a rebuild.
Hats off to Richmond though, they are becoming a very good side.

Disagree. We were just $hit

Actually, we were so bad we made them look good. Bad luck Fletch.

Oh boy. Been signs, now it’s FACT-we are cooked from the top down, the saga has really taken its toll.

Hirdy looks really stuffed,and emotionless…Jobe a shadow of his former self, and that’s where it begins.

THAT coaching and playing performance was extremely flat considering the occasion and importance in the context of staying in touch with finals.

I would never jump to these conclusions but writing has been on the wall for a couple weeks.

Gleeson can provide so much run. Get him f’ken on at the end of the 3rd/start of 4th.

Cooney played deep forward too long, we needed his run through the middle earlier.

Chappy I’m afraid is close to cooked.

Bellchambers- intensity of a supermodel.

What's up with Jobe?

He’s taking most of the grunt midfield work with little help. Watch every contest, he’s the only one opposition go near because no one else is close to dangerous.

Hats off to Richmond though, they are becoming a very good side.

LMFAO.

Me too.

Only taking my hat off when we become a good side.

Could not give a rats re Richmond becoming a good side.

Lost it in the first then tried to play catch up for the rest.

Wow…we wernt rubbish…we had a crack…skills let us down. Whats rubbish is the ■■■■ support and hissy fitting in this thread.

Jobe has been putrid lately, generally escapes critisism because of who he is and what he usually brings but surely he’s not right at the moment?

On a positive note tho both merretts were very good tonight Zach exceptional!

Heppell not dealing with the extra attention last few weeks
Cooney was down tonight also