Matchday thread 'Dreamtime at the G'

I liked a lot of what we did tonight. From the backline up until around 70m from goal we were pretty good. We just missed far too many chances. Carlisle was brilliant, his hands were beautiful, moved well, gave both Chaplin and Rance the run-around but his finish was terrible. We just do not get value for effort. We dominated the third term, got within a point but just couldn’t capitalise. That’s what it boils down to. Yes I’d like some more pace in the team, but that is not the biggest concern for mine. So disappointed that we didn’t win for Fletch but we have been shocking in milestone games for a long time…

■■■■■■ Groundhog Day - scoring between 50 and 70 points and making it look friggin’ excruciating in the process!
Feel for the back 6 been good all year, we just can’t score enough to repay their hard work!!
If my kids play up tomorrow I’m going to make them watch a replay of the collingwood and Richmond games and I expect after that they’ll behave til Christmas!!

Last few years I was angry when we played this bad....I thought we had a great list that hadn't clicked yet......tonight I am not all that upset coz I just don't think we are good enough and think we are further from a flag than we were 4 years ago
It looks very much like that if that's the best we can do.

Why do we always find a way to lose to crap sides ??
Richmond didn’t win that we lost it .
Poor kicking for goal early. Scoreboard pressure is important.
And we didn’t get the better of the umpiring yet again .

Can we make a few changes next week please. No melksham no Dempsey no ambrose please. If players are carrying something don't play them. T Bell needs a chop out and is not bad when played forward. We have gone from playing 3 rucks to 1

I understand frustration, anger and despair after a loss like this but come on mate, Melksham was pretty good tonight. Credit where it is due.

Was ok but he didn’t stop Cotchin. We know what we get with Melks. I want to see others in the team who are unkowns.

Blind Freddy can see we are going to lose this one after the first qtr. Very disappointed for FLETCH.

Heppell would be a champion of the game if he was able to run a 20m sprint in less than 10 minutes.

Very good player. Reads the play very well and has a smart football brain, sometimes unfortunately his body doesn’t allow his mind to do what we wants to.

And no, he is not the problem. Just an observation.

I’ve watched 5 mins of the freo crows game. It’s lower scoring than our game yet 100x more exciting to watch.

Forward line issues are not improving. It's by far our biggest problem

It’s basically defence holding the team up every week.

atleast the will initiate change.

It won’t

Can't believe they subbed Fletcher.

I have no issue with him getting subbed on his 300th. 350th even. But 400th?

Don’t worry , he’ll get a full game in his 450th

Can we make a few changes next week please. No melksham no Dempsey no ambrose please. If players are carrying something don't play them. T Bell needs a chop out and is not bad when played forward. We have gone from playing 3 rucks to 1

I understand frustration, anger and despair after a loss like this but come on mate, Melksham was pretty good tonight. Credit where it is due.

Yeah Melksham, Colyer, Zerrett were good, our senior guys let us down especially late in the last quarter when Martin cotchin and deledio stepped up. Sad thing was we beat them in general play but never looked like winning it

Hats off to Richmond though, they are becoming a very good side.
Actually I thought they looked pedestrian and we were the controllers of what was going to happen in the game. But bad bad disposal going forward gave them the game on a platter.

atleast the will initiate change.

Brisbane really are rubbish…

Melksham? Was one of our better contributers tonight

How many points Carlisle kick?

1.3 plus an OOF

Should have been five goals. Every one of them was an easy shot. Not good enough.
Just a lot of poor skills tonight..

No proper teamwork
Bad overhead marking skills
No defensive pressure up forward to keep the ball in the contest.
Poor decision making

I cant argue with all your points but bad overhead marking?
Most of the side gloved nearly everything
EFC’s problems are: we’re way to slow and none of our forwards can kick straight

Were you watching the second half I was watching?? Dropped everything.

8 goals against richmonds excellent backline… i have no words

have we ever won in that grey jumper looking thing?