Matthew Lloyd - Conflicted?

He was clear, when he said, the media is my number one job then goal kicking coaching after that.

Is there anyone left that we like?

Tracy Holmes.

Joe had the second best goal kicking accuracy in the league, right up until the point that they showed that stat on the screen. He’s kicked about 2.12 since then.

I honestly have never watched or read anything of his ( except for whatever has been posted here)
I prefer to just remember the Lloydie of old, plucking the turf and nailing goals.

Lloyd, 270 games 926 goals, should DEFINITELY consult with the experts on Bomberblitz before making a comment about the football club he spent 15 years playing at, yet he upset the fragile opinions of people with blinkers so strong they can barely see 1 foot in front of their face

God forbid he might have a ■■■■■■■ idea that could win us a few games, because god knows the people in charge dont seem to have any

He was a very, very good player.

Does that mean he should just shut up and watch his old club degrade the way they are?

No it shouldnt

We (Essendon) have always been too scared to be innovative - but we are at a point where we need to be

Hey, guess what, turns out he is a ■■■■ goal-kicking coach.

Daniher’s kicking for goal is worse since Lloyd started.

I don’t agree with these two points. If you compare what goal kicking practice was like before Lloyd turned up and after you’d appreciate the difference.

I’ve seen practice.
For all that matters.

Just so we’re clear though, you disagree that Daniher is a worse shot for goal this year and Carlisle is a worse forward than last year?

I’m not sure I agree Daniher is a worse kick for goal under Lloyd. I was under the impression that statistically he was better, and watching him I think even his misses look better/closer that last year. He has had one bad quarter of goal kicking this year, the rest has been pretty solid, as a quick off-the-top-of-my-head-haven’t-checked-the-stats impression.

Lloyd, 270 games 926 goals, should DEFINITELY consult with the experts on Bomberblitz before making a comment about the football club he spent 15 years playing at, yet he upset the fragile opinions of people with blinkers so strong they can barely see 1 foot in front of their face

God forbid he might have a ■■■■■■■ idea that could win us a few games, because god knows the people in charge dont seem to have any

Does that mean he should just shut up and watch his old club degrade the way they are?

No it shouldnt

We (Essendon) have always been too scared to be innovative - but we are at a point where we need to be

I don’t agree with these two points. If you compare what goal kicking practice was like before Lloyd turned up and after you’d appreciate the difference.

I’ve seen practice.
For all that matters.

Just so we’re clear though, you disagree that Daniher is a worse shot for goal this year and Carlisle is a worse forward than last year?

No it shouldnt

No it shouldnt

Since you are explicitly asking, I will explicitly answer.
This one time and one time only, because i don’t like to bag Essendon people.

Matthew Lloyd was a very, very good player.
He was a ■■■■ captain.
He is a ■■■■ media commentator.
I am not now, nor have ever been in favour of him having a role at the club.

I have met the man and would not trust him to sit down the right way on a toilet without a copy of Sitting On Toilets For Dummies and a toilet coach.

For him to bag the very players he’s supposed to be coaching after the utter, abject failing of his coaching (and by extension the greater coaching staff) is beyond belief…if you have never met him.

Carlisle is a worse forward since Lloyd started.
F.A.C.T.

But he was a very, very good player.

This!

My respect for him died after his foray into the media world. Instead of being a man of conviction and honesty, he played the role of sycophant as new kid on the block alongside the seasoned propagandist rats on FC.

Had his chance to do the right thing and defend Hird and our club but chose the safety of career above morality. Would love to know what Jim thinks of him… Great footy player but that’s where it ends for me.

If anything I reckon people underrate how good he was a player.

Sick of seeing Lloyds head on the EFC website. I care none for any of his opinions on pre game or post game analysis. He is banal and unenlightening... and really the media and him deserve each other.

Banal, except in this case.

Meanwhile over on BBlitz everybody and his dog has an opinion, and we defend each other for the right to express that opinion. However one of our past champions is not afforded the same right. Why? Because he works with the players he has opinion about. Never mind that half of what he is expressing is the same thing people on here have been saying for years, Jake back.

Sorry, but this all sounds like a double standard to me.

No it shouldnt

Loves to comment about EFC coaches does Matty.

No it shouldnt

Since you are explicitly asking, I will explicitly answer.
This one time and one time only, because i don’t like to bag Essendon people.

Matthew Lloyd was a very, very good player.
He was a ■■■■ captain.
He is a ■■■■ media commentator.
I am not now, nor have ever been in favour of him having a role at the club.

I have met the man and would not trust him to sit down the right way on a toilet without a copy of Sitting On Toilets For Dummies and a toilet coach.

For him to bag the very players he’s supposed to be coaching after the utter, abject failing of his coaching (and by extension the greater coaching staff) is beyond belief…if you have never met him.

Carlisle is a worse forward since Lloyd started.
F.A.C.T.

But he was a very, very good player.

Too much turning on Essendon people these days. Lloyds an Essendon great. Leave it alone.

no matter what lloyd says some people will complain

some will. but a lot of others wouldn’t complain until the goalkicking coach fails to get the key forwards kicking accurately then takes money to say one of the key forwards should be in defense feeding media pressure on the key forwards.

Yeah I reckon more might complain specifically if that happened.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. If Daniher and Carlisle decide on game day that they dont want to kick a goal between them, not much Lloyd can do

BTW, some here were praising the sunshine out of Lloyd’s ■■■ when Daniher kicked a few goals a few weeks ago… my how things change around here

Future coach

Sick of seeing Lloyds head on the EFC website. I care none for any of his opinions on pre game or post game analysis. He is banal and unenlightening… and really the media and him deserve each other.

'sorry im under an employment contract i cannot answer that question, next?'

Please.

There’s a middle ground where he can still make some comment on Joe/Jake’s performance but not make comment that goes as far as suggesting that the players he coaches to play forward should no longer play forward.

Im firmly in the camp that any one related to efc in a professional capacity gives the most genericly ■■■■ answer possible to any question posed by media scum.