Matthew pavlich reaches 300

He’d be better with tatts and a stupid hair do.

Wow. I can't believe there are still flogs who don't rate Pav as one of the all time greats.

He carried this team through a long rough patch. Through a large amount of instability in the coaching ranks he's remained the one constant in his club. While other forwards of the modern era like Lloydy, Jonathan Brown, Goodes etc slowed down noticeably when they got to 30, he's still playing at an elite level. He's dominated individual awards like very few have ever done, in a mostly terrible team over his career.

Oh, and for the ignorant Victorian ***** who say he would be rated a lot higher if he played in Victoria....get over yourselves, it's a national competition (well, not without at least 1 Tasmanian team it's not), not a Victorian competition.

I repeat....one of the all time greats.

People who disagree with you are not automatically flogs...you're point of view might carry more weight if you remember that.

And I daresay I have seen a shitload more of his games than you have so I feel quite confident in my assessment.

But you are obviously entitled to your point of view and I respect that...I just happen to disagree with you.

Oh no we gotta expert here. 

Do you have anything relevant to add to the discussion?

Wow. I can't believe there are still flogs who don't rate Pav as one of the all time greats.

He carried this team through a long rough patch. Through a large amount of instability in the coaching ranks he's remained the one constant in his club. While other forwards of the modern era like Lloydy, Jonathan Brown, Goodes etc slowed down noticeably when they got to 30, he's still playing at an elite level. He's dominated individual awards like very few have ever done, in a mostly terrible team over his career.

Oh, and for the ignorant Victorian ***** who say he would be rated a lot higher if he played in Victoria....get over yourselves, it's a national competition (well, not without at least 1 Tasmanian team it's not), not a Victorian competition.

People who disagree with you are not automatically flogs...you're point of view might carry more weight if you remember that.

And I daresay I have seen a shitload more of his games than you have so I feel quite confident in my assessment.

But you are obviously entitled to your point of view and I respect that...I just happen to disagree with you.

It wouldn't matter as your expert opinion would supersede anything myself or anyone else said.

It wouldn't matter as your expert opinion would supersede anything myself or anyone else said.

That's ridiculous....I have an opinion based on watching a whole heap of Pavlich's games over the years. You, and several others disagree with me. I stated that I had watched a heap to give some credibility to my opinion....I have at no stage called myself an expert.

That's ridiculous....I have an opinion based on watching a whole heap of Pavlich's games over the years. You, and several others disagree with me. I stated that I had watched a heap to give some credibility to my opinion....I have at no stage called myself an expert.

tumblr_lwm1z6lkVK1qef6lgo2_500.png

Okay i'm done.

Congrats Pav, champion of the game.

Second best big forward of the last 15 years.

All-time great? Nah.

Absolute champion. Love this carnt

meh, he's not that good..

he doesn't play for us....prick

Wayne Carey was the ultimate as a man able to carry a team on his shoulders as he really did carry Norf to two flags. Pavlich and Reiwoldt would be below him due to the fact that their teams fell at the final hurdle but they are all true champions of the game.

That is a little unfair on north because they were better than that. Had saints or freo had the likes of McKernan and longmire up front to complement reiwolt and pav they would have been in better shape come the businesses end.
Edit: actually longmires best was before their flags

Outstanding player, can't take that away from him. I do agree with Peos that 6 All Australians may flatter him a bit.

I also agree that he occasionally failed to stand up in big games. 3 years ago when my mate used to take me to the Freo home games he failed not once but twice in different games to win the game for Freo with set shots from 30. One he banged into the post and another he kicked a behind. I am fairly sure that both were at Subi, maybe just one though.

Which brings me to my next point, the wank power stance fkg ■■■■■ me. Especially when he shirked all responsibility in last year's grand final and passed off from 45 to give someone else a shot (who missed) and then after they got that mini run on and kicked a couple after 3QT he kicked an easier one then stood there, power stanced, basking in the roar and fist pumping. Average.

Put on your Superman Cape, because it's Wharfie time. 

hack

I think Hirdy mentioned in his book that when he had his face smashed in at Subiaco in 2002, Pavlich was one of the first people to visit him in hospital.

Great effort but I certainly don't rate him as an out and out champion.
Living in Perth I have probably watched a high percentage of his games over the years and it is only in the last few years that he has started to consistently stand up when it counted.
Quite possibly the best Docker ever but (imo) there have been many better players than him during his career.

Like who? I rate him as a better player than reiwoldt and brown fwiw
He has played the last couple of years up forward, but for most of his career he was as good of midfielder as he was forward. Not many players can do that
I dont use the word champion lightly, but in my book he is

How many times did Pavlich single handedly destroy us like Brown and Reiwoldt consistently did. He's not even close to those two (imo).

I'd have Scotty Lucas ahead of Pavlich...might not have played as a midfielder but won a B & F playing at both CHF and CHB.

As I said, he's been good but not one of the best of his era...too many opportunities missed to win games and too many big games where he just didn't stand up.

I think he is a different type of player to Brown in that Pav can play higher up the ground and run back with great endurance, more like a Reiwoldt.

As a power forward, Brown is/was far superior. Like for like, I think Reiwoldt is the better of the two, but Pav still is a great player. Can go into the middle as well which is pretty rare for those type of forwards.

I'll take a young J.Brown, a mid 20s Pav and a 30year old Roo. 

Put on your Superman Cape, because it's Wharfie time. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CiTo5euM_E

I rate Pav over Riewoldt, and probably Jono Brown too. I wouldn’t really overlap Carey with Pav though, if so definitely Carey. I think I heard them say the other night Franklin is on 599 goals?

Anyway, Pav would be the most likeable out of all of those.

Agreed about likeable, but did anyone compare him to Carey? lol if so

Riewoldt> Brown> Pav