Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

With our lack of leg speed on our list with Dalgleish delisted ,winders retired i will nominate Anthony Anastasio of Williamstown formerly Sandy dragons.
Hes short born in dec 1993 hes 170 cm but hes real quick and a red hot goer.
I see him playing forward pocket and hes going to give you a contest as well as keeping the ball in the forward line.
Another red head to keep the boris ,moorcroft ,winders tradition alive.

Daniel Coghlan
Nick Rippon
Sam Dunnell (Father/Son) rookie

Redhead wog??

LIKE.

Baulderstone: The Thread - Take 3.

I’d have a good look at Willis from the Essendon VFL setup. Has a bit of something different, very elusive, smooth mover, and around the 190cm mark and I reckon could play 3rd forward even move towards wing. 25 though so he’d need to be doing it quickly.
Coghlan you’d feel could contribute pretty much right away, someone will rookie him.

I too like Brucey Willis. I was genuinely befuddled as to why we didn’t play him in the VFL finals.
Actually reminds me a bit of Ben Lennon.
My knock on him is that he doesn’t have much ping over the first 15m and doesn’t seem to have a huge tank so as a 3rd tall, I’m not sure how gets separation on an AFL level defender.
But as you say, he does have something intangible and alluring that makes him a interesting prospect for us.
On what i’ve seen, I’d roll the dice. Strikes me as the kinda guy who’d make the most of the opportunity.

Cogs, I love. I’ll be hoping and praying we give him a shot.

It’s interesting our VFL site lists Willis as a Forward/Midfielder, as we never saw him do the latter.

Looks like we’re going to have a few late draft picks/psd pick.

We’d have to be looking at guys like Coghlan, Dunnell, Brown, Tippa, etc.

Completely agree on Anthony Anastasio, he reminds me of Greene from Brisbane who i also rate highly. Actually Williamstown have to have some super talented players down there to pull off what they did.

Ben Cavarra.

Freezer showed a bit at times for me. What do you think DJR ?

Benny McNiece impressed the times I saw him play for us in the VFL.

Wouldn’t mind him and Bags taking the smalls in the backline

Subiaco won back to back flags after dominating this year(17-3 172.32%) and winning the grand final 66 points. Some of the players that may not have been mentioned yet.

Matt Boland - 192cm 96kg 24yo full forward. Plays more as stay at home key forward in the WAFL who is strong contested mark. Missed games through injury but still kicked 31 goals from 10 games, including 7.2 in the grand final to take out the Simpson Medal (BOG). Kicked 53 goals from 21 games the previous year.

Sam Menegola - 188cm 90kg 23yo midfielder. Former Hawthorn and Fremantle midfield accumulator with good endurance. Also missed games earlier in the year through injury but managed to average 27.3 disposals and kick 21 goals from 14 games. Finished 3rd in the WAFL Sandover Medal despite only playing 12 regular season games.

Chris Phelan 186cm 83kg 27yo half-back/midfielder. Might be too old for us now but he’s someone who I still rate. Sweeps off half-back setting up attacks through long penetrating kicks. Averaged 24.3 disposals and kicked 14 goals from 22 games including 29 disposals and a goal in the grand final.

Edit;
Would also add
Kyle Halligan - 186cm 82kg 21yo half-forward flanker. One of those mid-sized whippet types that Clayton has a habit of recruiting who has some toe, can take a speccie and hits the scoreboard. Kicked 32 goals from 16 games this year. Averaged 14.4 disposals.
youtu.be/NQKjBlqWTSc

Freezer showed a bit at times for me. What do you think DJR ?
He’s 26 years old, can’t say he’s abruptly improved.

On the other hand the soon-to-be-21 Ferry looks a legit chance to be drafted; either this year as speculation, or next year after confirming his durability.

Neither are particularly TALL defenders.

Agree McNeice greatly improved this year. Of course, he’s not much taller than, and does not have the overt standout talking points of a one-year-younger… TIPPA.

All aboard THE FERRY

Aaron Sweet

Ben Cavarra.

Fkg concur. Is a clearance machine & smart forward player. Only about 175cm tall but a pure footballer and would do everything possible to make it at AFL level. Is a great kid too. Won Morrish Medal in 2013 and has leadership qualities. I like this guy a lot & is well worth the punt in a shallow draft.

His younger brother played senior footy at Ferntree Gully this year as a 15-16 year old and is on Eastern Ranges development squad.

Aaron Sweet

You mean Aaron Sweetario. I am not interested in non Italian names.

With our lack of leg speed on our list with Dalgleish delisted ,winders retired i will nominate Anthony Anastasio of Williamstown formerly Sandy dragons. Hes short born in dec 1993 hes 170 cm but hes real quick and a red hot goer. I see him playing forward pocket and hes going to give you a contest as well as keeping the ball in the forward line. Another red head to keep the boris ,moorcroft ,winders tradition alive.
Agreed I like him. Gets in the face and under the skin of bigger players.

Yep . Anastasio looks the goods. Went well against us in the prelim as very useful against the Hawks. A niggler that can play is always worth a try. Probably others looking at him as well.