Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

Laverde wins the clearance in the centre hands of to Fantasia who runs and carries then delivers a beautiful pass into the 50 where Anastasio marks. He wheels around and slots the goal. Absolute silk. Cut to crowd where Mercuri is seen nodding in approval.

Yep . Anastasio looks the goods. Went well against us in the prelim as very useful against the Hawks. A niggler that can play is always worth a try. Probably others looking at him as well.
Lucky I read that twice.

Ben Cavarra won his second best & fairest at Frankston this year coupled with his two at Eastern Ranges. Very similar to parallels to Sam Mitchell at the end of 2001. This guy’s definitely worth a shot, turns 20 in December.

Yep . Anastasio looks the goods. Went well against us in the prelim as very useful against the Hawks. A niggler that can play is always worth a try. Probably others looking at him as well.
Lucky I read that twice.

Lacist

Josh Mellington has kicked over the ton as full forward at Benalla and is playing in next weeks Granny. Surely worth a second look ! Still only 23.

Josh Mellington has kicked over the ton as full forward at Benalla and is playing in next weeks Granny. Surely worth a second look ! Still only 23.
After a good first month, he was distinctly underwhelming playing for us in the VFL last year.

170cms is short.

Alright?

isn’t… ISN’T!

170cms is short. Alright?
Thanks for the definition. Luckily that means TIPPA isn't short.

I mocked the three in the bottom left prior to the game. Ow.

Daniel Capiron would be a great get… plays similar to Adam Saad

For me Ben McNiece has something about him that says there is a real talent coming through

For me Ben McNiece has something about him that says there is a real talent coming through

have I guessed right on what that something is :slight_smile:

hidden gem longshots. Isn’t that contradictory terms :stuck_out_tongue:

Dodoro probably calls them backend of the draft picks.
Andy Collins the coach of Williamstown said he had 5 players who could play afl on sen on monday morning.
Does anyone know the cut off date a player has to nominate for the draft this year?

Gotta reward your VFL players, Couglan and Tippa as rookies.

Does two things, first I gives the club a boost knowing it’s got some great development work going on. Secondly it becomes an attractive place for other aspiring players to come to knowing they will get a chance to impress and be on a list. Could seriously help the recruitin for the VFL team and our ability to have the inside running on untapped resources.

Looks like we're going to have a few late draft picks/psd pick.

We’d have to be looking at guys like Coghlan, Dunnell, Brown, Tippa, etc.

Yep im sure Disco Dodoro will consider Coghlan, Tippa and to a lesser extent Willis, Ferry, Heppell, Thompson, Hardingham from Reserves Plus - Dunnell - could get as a father son rookie if interested, cavarra, Anastasio and other VFL players.

Theres a lot of players playing aussie rules and we can get them from anywhere.

Aces boy Wilson might be worth a shot as a retread
Adelaide select Anthony Wilson with pick No.44 in the 2014 NAB AFL Rookie Draft.
“‘Willo’ was the speed that we just haven’t got, we thought he was the quickest player outside of the AFL,” Crows recruiting manager Hamish Ogilvie said.

“He might not quite be ready yet but we’re going to back ourselves in to pick him now than let him go for another year.”

If you are going for a small forward from Williamstown, would take Gallucci well before I took Anastasio

Gotta reward your VFL players, Couglan and Tippa as rookies.

Does two things, first I gives the club a boost knowing it’s got some great development work going on. Secondly it becomes an attractive place for other aspiring players to come to knowing they will get a chance to impress and be on a list. Could seriously help the recruitin for the VFL team and our ability to have the inside running on untapped resources.