Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

If you are going for a small forward from Williamstown, would take Gallucci well before I took Anastasio

Ironically Gallucci played with KAV! in school footy in the PEGS 1sts AGSV team. One of those years was of course KAV!'s draft year.

Andy Collins the coach of Williamstown said he had 5 players who could play afl on sen on monday morning.

It’s too specific. We need guys to play mostly over the weekend at venues like the MCG, Etihad etc.

Andy Collins the coach of Williamstown said he had 5 players who could play afl on sen on monday morning.

It’s too specific. We need guys to play mostly over the weekend at venues like the MCG, Etihad etc.

I love dad jokes and the badly constructed sentences that enable them.

Aces boy Wilson might be worth a shot as a retread Adelaide select Anthony Wilson with pick No.44 in the 2014 NAB AFL Rookie Draft. "'Willo' was the speed that we just haven't got, we thought he was the quickest player outside of the AFL," Crows recruiting manager Hamish Ogilvie said.

“He might not quite be ready yet but we’re going to back ourselves in to pick him now than let him go for another year.”

Was a bit ■■■■■■ the Crows took Willo. He really needed another year to develop and was coming along nicely at Norwood and wasnt quite ready for the AFL but they were scared that someone else was going to pinch him. Unfortunately he got a bit neglected in the Crows reserves and they tried turning him into something he isnt and he stagnated. Has committed to Norwood for the coming season if not drafted and as much as id love him back I think he still can make it at AFL level, his pace is electric and has a good goal sense. Would be worth a punt for sure, reckon he will make an excellant small crumbing forward.

I love dad jokes and the badly constructed sentences that enable them.

Happy to oblige :slight_smile:

You know, the way we go on about our VFL players you would think they could actually beat an unaffiliated side in the prelim. Funnily enough, they couldn’t.

You know, the way we go on about our VFL players you would think they could actually beat an unaffiliated side in the prelim. Funnily enough, they couldn't.

That unaffiliated side smashed Hawks reserves by 10 goals in the GF. There’s some good players out there not on AFL lists and they can pull together pretty well when they all have one goal. Affiliated sides are often conflicted. Getting a certain amount of minutes into players in certain positions, taking others off at half time for the betterment of the AFL side. Playing players whose output at present is lower than others but will be beneficial to their future development (J.Long).

Williamstown just go out there to win.

Somehow I don’t think we were trying to manage players in the prelim for the AFL side. All my point is that the idea that Essendon’s VFL side had 5-6 of the best mature aged players in the country outside the AFL is ridiculous.

Somehow I don't think we were trying to manage players in the prelim for the AFL side. All my point is that the idea that Essendon's VFL side had 5-6 of the best mature aged players in the country outside the AFL is ridiculous.

It would be just as ridiculous to think a side that often gets belted by 10-20 goals like Frankston would ever produce AFL quality talent. But guess what, that’s exactly where Hibberd and Baguley came from. If we’re talking about mature, untried talent, then the likes of Coghlan, Ferry, McNiece, Tippa and maybe one or two others would all be worth looking at from our VFL list.

Somehow I don't think we were trying to manage players in the prelim for the AFL side. All my point is that the idea that Essendon's VFL side had 5-6 of the best mature aged players in the country outside the AFL is ridiculous.

It would be just as ridiculous to think a side that often gets belted by 10-20 goals like Frankston would ever produce AFL quality talent. But guess what, that’s exactly where Hibberd and Baguley came from. If we’re talking about mature, untried talent, then the likes of Coghlan, Ferry, McNiece, Tippa and maybe one or two others would all be worth looking at from our VFL list.

No. No it wouldn’t.

I think it has more to do with the only “hidden gems” being mentioned in this thread are players who played for Essendon VFL. There are other teams besides our ressies and other state leagues besides the VFL.

Exactly.

The Frankston argument is silly, since 1 or 2 players can’t change the course of the team. Especially defenders. I don’t argue that a couple of our guys could become good AFL footballers. But people are listing 5-6 guys from our VFL team. Its just not realistic.

No one is saying “pick up 5 of them”. Once we (and others) have gone deep into the draft you consider which of them may complement who you’ve taken already.

Ben Rioli from the Thunder?.

Good player…

A lot of good players play for Thunder…

Motlop… Etc

Josh Cauchi for Coburg this year showed a lot I thought. Small pacey forward dangerous around goal, not exactly mature, only 19, was un-drafted from cannons last year

I would give half our VFL team a go! A lot of potential talent there.

I liked the look of Coghlan and I could see quite a few boys training with us over the summer.

Also… TIPPAAAA!!!

Exactly.

The Frankston argument is silly, since 1 or 2 players can’t change the course of the team. Especially defenders. I don’t argue that a couple of our guys could become good AFL footballers. But people are listing 5-6 guys from our VFL team. Its just not realistic.

That’s fine.

Dickson, Crameri, Campbell, Biggs, Lloyd, Zac OBrien, and Ambrose

The first 4 I think were all been in the same side in the same year, and that’s when we were a fair bit worse. 5-6 is probably not going to happen in one year but it wouldn’t surprise me if a handful of them get picked up eventually.

There's an article on the AFL site about state league options. About 8 of them are 193+ kp types. Brown, Hartley, Collins, Keough, Levicki, Wilson, Jones, Uebergang, maybe a couple more. Those who've seen a bit, are any of them better options than Brown?
Anyone seen any of these guys?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/afl-national-draft-2015-eight-mature-age-wafl-players-who-could-be-picked-up/story-fnp04d6y-1227593441446?sv=f5021049ee7fa14539e46f2a0cde2263&csp=c646b8bf5b45569bbf98a47809fc5979&nk=afcc8e45a8bc1982dd42bcac64f7a937-1446617740

Some names here. A Yarran and a Pickett amongst them.

But Darcy Cameron…the ruckman, might be the one we look at.

That fast ranga from Willy is just the player we need. Just a matter of endurance and footy smarts. Skills and speed is there.