Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

Hind would be well worth a shot. Hopefully for us.

Alex Boyse (Essendon VFL)

Position: General forward

2017 VFL Numbers: Booted 31 goals and averaged 12 disposals, 6 marks, 2 forward 50 tackles and 79 Champion Data ranking points 16 games.

ARGUABLY, there are few more exciting prospects from the VFL this year than Boyse, who was one of the standouts at last month’s Victorian state combine. Boyse sizzled in the 20m sprint (2.98 seconds), but was also among the best performers in the agility test and both vertical jump tests. At 190cm and 85kg, that athleticism, as well as his footy nous and marking ability, has appeal for several AFL clubs. Above all, Boyse knows where the goals are, booting 31 goals in 2017 to finish eighth on the VFL Frosty Miller medal ladder.

Nick Hind (Essendon VFL)

Position: Small defender

2017 VFL Numbers: Averaged 18 disposals, 4 inside 50s and 76 Champion Data ranking points from 15 games.

BOYSE isn’t the only exciting Bombers VFL prospect this year, with Hind just as strong a chance to get drafted. The 180cm playmaker, who came to the Bombers via the Ballarat Football League midway through 2016, produced a consistent 2017 campaign, providing the Bombers with ample dash and delivery from the backline. A qualified plumber, Hind is keen on taking his footy career to the next level. And after some dazzling performances at the state combine, including the best 20m sprint time (2.92 seconds), he’s undoubtedly on the radars of AFL clubs.

A qualified plumber you say, eh?

1 Like

Will get on well with Sheeds.

I get the feeling Boyse will go before Hind. I reckon the combination of size and athleticism will appeal.

Of course I have no idea.

I wouldn’t have minded us using a rookie spot on Andrew Swallow from North. He’d been squeezed out of their midfield by Cunnington and Ziebell but he’s only 30 and 18 months ago was one of the best clearance mids in the game.

He was still racking up 5 clearances a game and 7 tackles with limited midfield time last year. Former captain, etc. Ok with ball in hand and while you probably can’t play Swallow and Cunnington in the same midfield due to pace he’s not treacle.

Sounds like he’s retired now, it’s amazing how quick it can end for some if they lose their spot.

I want them all. Bring them all in.

Worth talking Ty Vickery out of retirement?

For a spot on our membership team?
If Ty and Jake King come knocking on your door you farken sign up

1 Like

I would have the push-up king in our side before Vickery.

Ty Vickery is one of the few players that significantly improves the AFL by retiring.

2 Likes

Uber, super spud.

Straight after I empty the sawn-off.

Richmond better not pick up M Skinny.

Port and Norf would be getting ready for a bidding war for the great man, might be a bit too young for Port though

3 Likes

I’ll talk you into retirement for even mentioning Ty Vickory

The best thing to come from his retirement is that Hawthorn still have him under their cap next season.

They are in for years of hurt.

3 Likes

They deserve all that and more.

Fark Hawthorn.

Gold Coast have been sniffing I believe

Are there any fast high marking indigenous kids who are likely to be around at our pick?

Ben will be giving us those valuable insights two weeks ago.

7 Likes