Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

Luke Ryan (Coburg) only mature age player invited to the draft combine

Which bit of that is an outlier? Been on rookie lists? High up in a state league award? That's not so much as an outlier as giving you some guidance as to which 20 players to start narrowing it down from.

Of course he’s also only played one game, so to classify him as a success is pushing it at the moment.

No-one said he was a success. I didn’t comment and paz said he was awesome on debut. He had a great debut.

Find me someone who meets a similar criteria to Menegola: smoked a state league award and been on 2 lists playing a position which their side - a very good side - is stacked with.

Laverde wins the clearance in the centre hands of to Fantasia who runs and carries then delivers a beautiful pass into the 50 where Anastasio marks. He wheels around and slots the goal. Absolute silk. Cut to crowd where Mercuri is seen nodding in approval.

And allesio pats him on the back.

Brett Eddy 7.3 on the weekend with 4 goal assists aswell. Nearly 60 goals for the year

Brett Eddy 7.3 on the weekend with 4 goal assists aswell. Nearly 60 goals for the year
I'd definitely look at someone like him for KPF depth. Lets face it we probably won't grab a kid early meaning we might not grab one at all this draft and even if we did there is no way they would be ready to make an impact anyway.

Watched a bit of Tom Gribble for Werribee yesterday.

Originally from Geelong West-St. Peters.

Had close to 50 possessions yesterday.

I'd definitely look at someone like him for KPF depth. Lets face it we probably won't grab a kid early meaning we might not grab one at all this draft and even if we did there is no way they would be ready to make an impact anyway.

I want him at FF and Daniher at CHF

Laverde wins the clearance in the centre hands of to Fantasia who runs and carries then delivers a beautiful pass into the 50 where Anastasio marks. He wheels around and slots the goal. Absolute silk. Cut to crowd where Mercuri is seen nodding in approval.

And Alec Epis gives him a case of his best red.

Brett Eddy with 5.2 and 20 touches against the Crows reserves today

Fair effort to take that many speccies in a season.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/32505068/video-liam-ryans-wafl-screamers/

Liam Ryan is the one who got away.

Play Video
VIDEO The WAFL Show - Liam Ryan screamersPlay Video

He got away from East Fremantle, he got away from East Perth and he regularly defies gravity to get away from his opponents.

It has been years since any player made such a spectacular start to his WAFL career with the dynamic Subiaco forward set to have a major say in his debut finals campaign.

He is also likely to be hot property at the AFL draft after a debut season in which he has mixed high-flying marks and cool kicks for goal.

“He is a little beauty,” Subiaco coach Jarrad Schofield said after Ryan’s brilliant start in league ranks.

The Geraldton product, who was overlooked by East Fremantle and missed by the Royals despite a pre-season interview, has produced several contenders for goal of the year and will be almost unbeatable in the race to claim the mark of the year.

Ryan has a spectacular vertical leap but he also has the uncanny ability to hang in the air.

He has demonstrated that numerous times this year but here are five of his best marks from his first season:

1. Round 9 v Claremont
  2. Round 11 v East Perth
  3. Round 18 v South Fremantle
  4. Round 22 v Peel
  5. Round 7 v South Fremantle (reserves)

Knightmare reckons eddy is made for afl would finish our team nicely

And Alec Epis gives him a case of his best red.

Now you are getting too unrealistic.

He doesn’t even give family a discount, I have been reliably informed.

Fair effort to take that many speccies in a season.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/32505068/video-liam-ryans-wafl-screamers/

Liam Ryan is the one who got away.

Play Video
VIDEO The WAFL Show - Liam Ryan screamersPlay Video

He got away from East Fremantle, he got away from East Perth and he regularly defies gravity to get away from his opponents.

It has been years since any player made such a spectacular start to his WAFL career with the dynamic Subiaco forward set to have a major say in his debut finals campaign.

He is also likely to be hot property at the AFL draft after a debut season in which he has mixed high-flying marks and cool kicks for goal.

“He is a little beauty,” Subiaco coach Jarrad Schofield said after Ryan’s brilliant start in league ranks.

The Geraldton product, who was overlooked by East Fremantle and missed by the Royals despite a pre-season interview, has produced several contenders for goal of the year and will be almost unbeatable in the race to claim the mark of the year.

Ryan has a spectacular vertical leap but he also has the uncanny ability to hang in the air.

He has demonstrated that numerous times this year but here are five of his best marks from his first season:

1. Round 9 v Claremont
  2. Round 11 v East Perth
  3. Round 18 v South Fremantle
  4. Round 22 v Peel
  5. Round 7 v South Fremantle (reserves)

Do people farkin realise that you can’t actually, really, ‘hang’ in the farkin air?

AFL-ready key forward Brett Eddy continued his rich vein of form with 19 disposals, nine marks (six contested), four tackles, seven inside 50s, five goals and three score assists. Eddy has been outstanding this season in the SANFL kicking 69 goals from his 18 games.

From Knightmare

3.8 goals a game? Fk me

Has wings:

Can’t see us doing much on this front this year given DEA Kelly and ahepp considerations. That said if someone is such a stand out so to warrant pick 19, fark Carlton will probably get in first at 5

We do not need any mature draft picks. We are the 3rd oldest list for a club outside the top 8. All we need is youth. The club has been giving players too many chances in the past to impress the coaches i.e Dempsey. Need to be ruthless with player turnover for players over the age of 25 and aren’t in our best 25-26 players on our list.

We do not need any mature draft picks. We are the 3rd oldest list for a club outside the top 8. All we need is youth. The club has been giving players too many chances in the past to impress the coaches i.e Dempsey. Need to be ruthless with player turnover for players over the age of 25 and aren't in our best 25-26 players on our list.
It depends on the player. Hartley and Walla both were mature recruits, both under 24. I could do another one of those with 37!

50 goals and 121 marks from Shaw this season is a good return in the WAFL. As a bottom ager played some ruck. Not sure if he played any ruck for Port Adelaide in the SANFL, as far as I’m aware he only played forward as he did in his draft year.

Shaw could be a good get Mason that is