MCC Members

Okay, so myself and Kiwi girlfriend who is newly inducted to footy (Essendon member) have been invited by one of her mates to the Geelong vs Hawthorn game. We’re reminded at the last minute by her friend that I’ll need to wear a collar for the MCC members, I had no idea we were sitting there. The bonus is that I can drink full strength beer. However, I have no clean shirts nor any collared apparel apart from an Hawaiian shirt or this wonderfully ridiculous Mister Simple shirt with iced confectionary all over it.

The question is, which one do I go for? Also will the stuffy gits volunteering and manning the MCC think either of my shirts unacceptable? Will I make it through that new terrorist fencing?

http://s24.postimg.org/cjf9lksr9/IMG_4387.jpg

This images option is complete rubbish, that and I'm technically inept. I've gone with the silly ice creams shirt.

At least I’ll get in, unlike cerebral giant Ritchie Vandenberg all those years ago wearing $300 pair of ripped designer jeans.

Sorry to tell you this he is no dill, except once he crosses the boundary line into the field of play.

Cannot get an image of the shirts up…tried everything. Poll is doomed!

I’d lend you a shirt, but I don’t think I’m on your way.
Both of yours sound pretty dodge.

Hawaiian works everywhere

This images option is complete rubbish, that and I’m technically inept. I’ve gone with the silly ice creams shirt.

At least I’ll get in, unlike cerebral giant Ritchie Vandenberg all those years ago wearing $300 pair of ripped designer jeans.

Hawaiian works everywhere

But only if you’re gay or a fat party guy.

Homer Simpson taught us that.

1 Like
This images option is complete rubbish, that and I'm technically inept. I've gone with the silly ice creams shirt.

Right choice, if anyone says anything just say it’s the lastest European fashion and your bringing it to OZ. :wink:

Right choice, if anyone says anything just say it’s the lastest European fashion and your bringing it to OZ. you’re a poove and it’s your favourite shirt darling. It’s the MCC Members, you’ll probably get invited back next week! :wink:

http://s24.postimg.org/cjf9lksr9/IMG_4387.jpg

I think the ice cream one is more you.

Ian Marsh would never admit to a Kiwi girlfriend

and after 21 years I finally get Restricted.

and only another 18 years or so for Full membership.

edit:

And for those who are on the waiting list the intakes into provisional membership been gone:

1st intake: 11 months
15 months
20 months
10 months
8 months

And the last three intakes for Restricted have gone:
3 months
2 months
3 months

3 Likes

@Alan_Noonan_10

Good point - not sure what he did before the MCC was founded.

4 Likes

Those rates for the provisional intake aren’t going to fix the problem they were hoping to solve. Personally I think they could push through more given how few occasions the members is actually full.

I will be forever thankful that my parents put me down at birth. I got my junior membership at 15 - assume this class is basically non-existent now - and then I got my full membership upon turning 18. Think I got lucky that I was just before they moved out of the dark ages and started accepted women members. Also at the time in the early 80s there was talk of moving the Grand Final to VFL Park so people starting opting for VFL memberships.

1 Like

i went from restricted to full in about 5 years. I was a country member (lol) before that.

2 Likes

Oh sht I think I was in Jan 98. When does the actual offer come?

Me too! I’m a December 1997 nominee.

See you in the Long Room!

offers sent mid July

https://www.mcc.org.au/about-the-club/membership/latest-membership-intake

1 Like