McGrath our next captain

I think McGrath is the clear heir apparent. I’d be interested in how the players view Saad. He is very professional, always solid, does the team things.

Aaron??? Only not in our team due to vfl not being on.

Heppell’s gets injured for a bit and all of a sudden he’s surplus to requirements? Let’s let McGrath grow into a proper adult before we burden him with extra responsibility

1 Like

McG has a few deficiencies he needs to work in the next two years before worrying about being captain.

I’d prefer him practice his kicking than doing captain stuff.

2 Likes

And hand balling.

and growing taller.

The answer has been in front of you all this whole time…

And so it is written.

2 Likes

I would give it to shiel

Let Hep concentrate on getting his body right. And let a fresh voice take over

Shiel.

It’s a small sample size, but no McGrath no Essendon.

No thanks.

1 Like

Why has Zerrett lost so much favour? I know he was dropped from the leadership group this year but I think he shows a lot of promise as a future captain.

1 Like

From what I can gather it’s because he doesn’t conform to the essendon way.

That’s a good thing isn’t it?

I would have thought so.

We need somebody prepared to challenge the norm not comply with it.

1 Like

Long term the premise in the title of this thread seems a strong possibility.

Short term, Heppel looked cooked in his first game back, and still cooked in the second.
If you think no… he is better than that, here is the ratings graph for the worst 9 players on the ground.

If Heppel had played at his normal average level, he would have been in the top 5 players on the ground. He is a shadow of what he was.

He needs to improve massively or we will need to look at a new captain sooner rather than later.

The Essendon way.
We are just noticing is NOT conformed in any way, shape or form, what is the “essen done way” it is no longer a feared or strong club. They are laughable. With the sort of performances they are dishing up regularly, all the players ought to be embarrassed to wear the jumper.

1 Like

Nope. He has some big issues. I won’t share as it isn’t my place to, I will leave that up to the others who know what they are if they feel it right to share.

lol

Sad thing is KM it isn’t actually funny, it is a worry.