Melbourne priority pick

see, its hard to say that they have rubbish recruiting when they have rubbish development. if any of those players went to another club, im inclined to think that they would be better players. they've been in a rebuild forever, maybe if they trained their players better, stopped poopooing them in the media, showed some patience and werent so happy to delist players, then they might see some growth.

I don't understand how they can justify asking for a priority pick,  on what grounds? they have had the same opportunities as everyone else, they have the same number of players, play the same number of games, travel as much as anyone else, etc. if they can't recruit well or motivate their players enough to have any significant success, then why should they be rewarded? as for poor membership or the competing ski season, well they should be well and truly accustomed to that by now.

I had to laugh at Whateley on 360 talkin about Melbourne being rewarded for mediocrity if they get a priority pick.

FFS if they were mediocre they wouldn’t need a priority pick.

Richmond are mediocre (so are we over the last 10 years).

Call it as it is Whateley! Melbourne are rubbish.

Fold this joke of a club.

would anyone miss them

If you went out for tea with Melbourne, at the end of the meal they'd try and split the bill even for everyone.  Even though they ordered the steak and Lobster and expensive wines and had appetisers and bread.

And then when you reluctantly agreed they'd say "Oh man you wouldn't believe it I forgot my wallet, I'll fix you up later".
Then they expect you to give them a lift home as well

If you went out for tea with Melbourne, at the end of the meal they'd try and split the bill even for everyone.  Even though they ordered the steak and Lobster and expensive wines and had appetisers and bread.

And then when you reluctantly agreed they'd say "Oh man you wouldn't believe it I forgot my wallet, I'll fix you up later".
Then they expect you to give them a lift home as well

And they live 20 minutes the other side of town from you.

I would find it easier to rip into this pathetic excuse for a club, if we didn’t keep losing to them.

And they don't fix you up ever.

That's a great conversation you have got going with yourself there.

Couldn't find a chat room?

If they don’t award them a pick, I don’t know what the rule is for. Unless they are reserving their discretionary powers for when GWS, Sydney, Brisbane or GC need a leg up. Of course they don’t deserve a draft concession, but you don’t get into their position and deserve anything. A healthy comp is in the best interests of every club.

They‘re (probably) going to finish in front of St Kilda, both of whom beat us.

Are you freakin‘ kidding me?

If they don't award them a pick, I don't know what the rule is for. Unless they are reserving their discretionary powers for when GWS, Sydney, Brisbane or GC need a leg up. Of course they don't deserve a draft concession, but you don't get into their position and deserve anything. A healthy comp is in the best interests of every club.

but compo picks arent going to make melbourne competitive. theyve had plenty of high end draft picks and they waste them. its deeper than that. if they really want to help the club out and contribute to keeping a healthy competition, give them extra in the salary cap so they can chase a player or two who has experience. picking up another kid who doesent know the ropes is just going to have the same issues time and time again.

If they don't award them a pick, I don't know what the rule is for. Unless they are reserving their discretionary powers for when GWS, Sydney, Brisbane or GC need a leg up. Of course they don't deserve a draft concession, but you don't get into their position and deserve anything. A healthy comp is in the best interests of every club.

One player doesn't make you a healthier club.

One player doesn't make you a healthier club.
under what circumstances would you award a pic Yaco?

And they don't fix you up ever.
That's a great conversation you have got going with yourself there.

Couldn't find a chat room?

I wasn't talking to you.
Rude.

but compo picks arent going to make melbourne competitive. theyve had plenty of high end draft picks and they waste them. its deeper than that. if they really want to help the club out and contribute to keeping a healthy competition, give them extra in the salary cap so they can chase a player or two who has experience. picking up another kid who doesent know the ropes is just going to have the same issues time and time again.

Roos has already said he is open to trading the compo picks for experienced players rather than grabbing young kids.  That would make sense and be more productive.

would anyone miss them
NOPE! Don't need them.
Fold melbourne and north and leave it with 16 teams.

Roos has already said he is open to trading the compo picks for experienced players rather than grabbing young kids.  That would make sense and be more productive.

You mean like how Gold Coast and GWS were meant to trade some of their plethora of early draft picks for established senior players....yep I'm sure Roos isn't talking out his ■■■■, trying to make it easier for the AFL to give them a draft pick.

Are they a registered charity yet? I’d consider a membership just do I could claim some tax back. Maybe the salvation army should be the 19th league team.

would anyone miss them

NOPE! Don't need them.
Fold melbourne and north and leave it with 16 teams.

Or merge them and put a team in Tassie.

Pickey for Roosey.