Melbourne priority pick

Denied

Meh, they’ll find something equally stupid to reward another underserving team with.

so it should have been

So what are they getting instead?

edit- I just read the article, apparently beating us was one of the reasons it was knocked back....

At least some good came from that humiliation.

They’ll give it to Sydney now.

They'll give it to Sydney now.

Fair enough too, they're struggling up there.

They'll give it to Sydney now.

Fair enough too, they're struggling up there.

They are losing LR-T. They should really get 2.

They will get pick 3 instead when Frawley posses off

They will get pick 3 instead when Frawley posses off

Yep and I reckon that they would be rapt with that.

Could get a the best Defender and Forward.
That would be the most logical sense

From FB

gWUAzQs.png

Particular concern with the last hashtag.

They are reportedly using pick 22 on Harry O’Flog

Suffice to say they will screw pick 3 up too

RIP pick 3.

So a 'priority pick' was knocked back because they were getting effectively a priority pick. 

■■■■■■■ AFL. 

Corrupt as ■■■■. 

From FB

gWUAzQs.png

who is fb ?

From FB

gWUAzQs.png

who is fb ?

Not sure if serious, so;

Joke response: Pope Francis Bergoglio

Serious answer: Facebook

From FB

gWUAzQs.png

who is fb ?

jesse-eisenberg-andrew-garfield-the-soci

Yet another baffling inconsistent ruling there. Classic AFL. No club in their right mind would have traded pick 3 for him. Two teams were the winners here, and the rest of the competition suffers

Yet another baffling inconsistent ruling there. Classic AFL. No club in their right mind would have traded pick 3 for him. Two teams were the winners here, and the rest of the competition suffers

Remember, its not quite as bad as pick 3 as there is an equalisation overlay in this -  a players value is calculated as a round 1,2,3 etc equivalent. They then award a pick after the clubs pick in that round. 

According to the magic formula, he is worth a first round pick. Because Melbourne finished low on the ladder, they get an amazing pick for him. 

By contrast, if he was leaving Hawthorn, they would have got pick 19 for him. Is he worth pick 19? Dunno.  

The question is whether he is worth a 1st or a 2nd round pick.  For mine, the magic formula said both he and Buddy were worth a 1st round pick - and that's farked. 

The equalisation part of it - meaning Melb get 3 whereas Hawthorn would have got 19 - I don't mind. 

The bit that sucks is that it bumps everyone else down. Everyone's picks in every round go +1 for the crime of not doing anything at all. Another thing that distorts the whole draft, and makes top picks seemingly more valuable.

How did Harks only get 19 for Franklin while Dees get 3 for Frawley?