Melbourne Tigers into Melbourne United

I keep thinking I should start going to the basketball again, but then I remember the standard of it when I occasionally catch it on TV, and then further remember I find watching my daughters under 8s basketball far more enjoyable.

■■■■ product is always going to be ■■■■, you aren’t going to win more fans by changing the name of the team, you are simply going to alienate the supporters of the team that are willing to put up with the ■■■■ product in the first place.

Ben is that Simmons a son of Dave, WIllie or someone else?

Singapore Slingers.

Oh my farking god the Slingers. What a failed experiment that was...
I remember them signing a Taipans (who'd blossomed into a very good player in Cairns) on more coin, and said player spending most of the season drinking his ■■■■ off.
Reminds me of going to the Taipans games with a mate as a young bloke and passing bottles of coke (with decent amounts of rum in them) to our marquee player who was sitting on the bench injured. Aah memories...

Ben is that Simmons a son of Dave, WIllie or someone else?

Dave

Ben is a recent commit to LSU too for college ball. Will probably only play one year before declaring for NBA draft. Might play two. If he does play two I think he would probably go close to being No.1 pick in draft. Too early to say yet.
With Thon Maker and Deng Adel on they way through, Simmons, Exum and a host of talented kids breaking out (Bairstow, Drmic, Jois) and Patty Mills stepping up again the future is very bright of Aussie Bball - just not in Australian leagues!

P. S. I used to be a spectors fan, because Dean Uthoff came to my school.

Loved the Hoff.
The Big M Eastside Spectres!
Bruce bolden, Ronaldson, Perry and Lucas.
Good times :)

I was so excited the first time I went to the glasshouse, because I thought it was made entirely of glass. Once that disappointment dimmed, I really did enjoy the few NBL games I went to.
I stuck with the SE Melbourne Magic for a little while, then just lost interest.

Argh geez the glasshouse, now that brings back memories.

it's always been a ■■■■ of a place to go for sporting events that area, esp back in those days, even the tennis center.

I remember the glory days, but after the age of about 15, going to the basketball lost it's appeal. That and misplaced friends who actually enjoyed going to the basketball. argh memories of a  better time.

From memory the Americans like Goorjian/Palmer etc, that came  To OZ in the mid to late 70's were teachers. It was around the mid 1980's that the NBA became a professional league and we got the gems from America like Bruton/Grace/McKinnon etc.

Yeah. Now all the NBA rejects go to Europe or Japan where the cash is. We get the euro trash. We don’t even gt washed up talent anymore.

ALLLLLEYYY OOOOPPPPP...........................TO COPELAND

Bring back the Brisbane Bullets.
Loggins, Sengstock, Sibley. Superstars of Australian sport.

fisher, dmac, rees > those three

Parkie Boy. REPRESENT

Bring back the Brisbane Bullets.

Loggins, Sengstock, Sibley.  Superstars of Australian sport.

fisher, dmac, rees > those three

Chris Jent

Loved the Hoff.
I was so excited the first time I went to the glasshouse, because I thought it was made entirely of glass. Once that disappointment dimmed, I really did enjoy the few NBL games I went to.
I stuck with the SE Melbourne Magic for a little while, then just lost interest.
Fading/no memory, but I reckon it went off FTA when foxtel/optus came in, and it really went off. 96/97 it was cool, 2000 it was gone completely.

Loved the Hoff.

I remember meeting Bolden after a game when i was about 12.

I wanted to get him to autograph something but didn't have anything suitable.

So I ripped of my fresh white Jordans and got him to sign em.

I wore those shoes till the soles fell off

Loved the Hoff.

I remember meeting Bolden after a game when i was about 12.
I wanted to get him to autograph something but didn't have anything suitable.
So I ripped of my fresh white Jordans and got him to sign em.
I wore those shoes till the soles fell off
Paul Rees borrowed my drink bottle when he was running laps while my U10s training was on c. 1995. I thought I was cool.

M A G I C
MAGIC

NBL to me faded when the stars of the NBA started to retire like Jordan, Sir Charles, etc...

The people running Basketball in this Country have no idea. The NBL is to far gone to be resurrected. League pass all the way!+

You cant say that if you are a fan of basketball, yes, the NBA is easily accessible in this country, and I am an addict of it, but a national league is critical in the development of players and the sport.