Membership 2018 - we got to 79,318

I wonder how much of a bump our membership willl get after this win?!

Nope - am still waitingā€¦

Not all, Mrs Fox and I are Hi-Mark members and usually never miss a game, if we cannot go we give our Cards to family or friends to use.

We are also AFL members and go to our away games at the G when we can get tickets. Didnā€™t get any for ANZAC Day.

At the G for home games there are rarely spare seats near us, and we have had the same seats for over ten years. We have watched the kids of the family next to us grow up past teenagers and now they bring partners. It is a very friendly group where we sit.

However at Etihad, some are the same people but they rarely come to all games. Last night it was quite empty around us.

Iā€™m silver and have a similar story to you BacchusFox - both Etihad and MCG. Pretty close knit group in both seating groups. Seen kids grow up and bring partners, get married, have kids etc. Generally at every game, and talk when not at the game to discuss the club, game and whether people are attending or not.

The crowd would have looked more like a 43k crowd had they sold more GA and less standing room.

It was weird seeing standing room full as if it was a 50k crowd while behind the goals on the top deck it was half empty.

When I was in the UK but still a bronze member, they changed it so you had to have a reserve seat. The fact I was in the UK didnā€™t matter one whit.

That said, if someone pays for a seat you canā€™t very well take it off them because theyā€™re not there, regardless of if they bought a membership or tickets on the day.

Hmm I guess in a week or so if those in Oz are only just getting them.

Big jump to 66,460 today.

5 Likes

Huge jump.

Compare to 60765 on March 28, 2017, which was the Tuesday after our R1 win over Hawks.

Got my delivery today over here in Japan. Every year Iā€™ve been getting a snazzy membership card telling me how many years Iā€™ve been a member, plus a giant fixture magnet and a Bomber magazine.

This year?
It comes late, after the season has already started, thereā€™s no plastic member card, the magnet has turned into a card with a little magnet attachment on the back, and the Bomber mag has shrunk.

Whats more, the price for an intl digital membership jumped drastically this year, and the scarf and sticker I received a while back kinda sucked.

Take more cash, give you less. Thanks EFC.

3 Likes

hard to take it serious when the clubs all like ā€˜we appreciate our members.ā€™

3 Likes

Still waiting on membership cardā€¦Regional Victoriaā€¦whatā€™s the hold up?

Likewise.

Received today (also in Japan), but minus the membership card.

Just saw an extensive thread via the FB group ā€˜True to the Red Sashā€™ & apparently non-match day members will no longer receive membership cards. Snuck that change in & it appears to have ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off plenty of ā€˜membersā€™ (myself included). Surely, the club can rectify this? @Catherine_Lio

Itā€™s a shame, I enjoyed receiving and collecting them. Personalised and saying how many years youā€™ve been a member, it was a nice thing to get.

2 Likes

Me, too. Enjoyed collecting them.

Anyway, I believe the matter is being discussed internally at the Club. Letā€™s hope they recognise our financial support ($175), reconsider & send us a membership card, as per usual.

p.s. I would have preferred a membership card over the pinkish/black monstrosity that was this yearā€™s scarf. Have a drawer full of scarves. Donā€™t need another one.

3 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting for mine here in the States, but based on the issues happening to the members in Australia I am not holding my breath at all that will arrive until the start of next season.

1 Like

Still waiting on my cardā€¦ metropolitan Melbourneā€¦ fuckingn farcical.

1 Like

Canā€™t comment at this stage guys, but please know I am reading everything.

4 Likes

You reckon this might be on the next Board Agenda.

Agree, way too many scarfs. I donate mine to charity each year.

1 Like