Membership 2018 - we got to 79,318

We have 5 silver membership seats but being a late game we kept 2 of the younger kids at home.

Sure there would be a little of that combined with Medallion club and corporates that didn’t attend.

I was surprised when they said 43k as in the 1st half it felt like about 35-38k

1 Like

Actually don’t like how people that get to 2 to 3 games a year can get reserved seats for the year.

Surely if you pay close to $1000 each membership you are entitled to go to however many you want?

3 Likes

then never complain about how the stadium looks empty.

1 Like

It’s far from ideal. But if you pay the cash, you do as you please. Though, it’s not hard to give them to friends/family/Blitzers if you can’t make it.

highmark/silver/medallion/afl wankers/mcc are never in the seats, always empty.

So only bronze & flexi turn up to games you say?

1 Like

Of all the things we manage to take from USA, we cannot get the ticket re-sale stuff right?

It’s a massive thing in the US. And it needs to be with us. If we start to be successful people are going to be locked out more and more often. There is just no reason that it needs to be this way.

1 Like

Our hi-mark memberships were at the Po box today
We didn’t go last night because we live interstate.
We all support the club in our own way. I can’t go to many games so I buy an expensive membership because the club needs the money

9 Likes

Ticket resale resulted in opposition fans being in Essendon reserved seat areas the last few years. Not the biggest fan of going to Etihad and having opposition supporters sitting behind you when you pay to be in an Essendon area.

6 Likes

I will offer my seats at up free of charge at any game I’m unable to attend. I nearly always find someone willing to take my seats.

1 Like

Oh my… what an awful affliction. How will we ever survive.

2 Likes

I don’t mind sitting near the opposition and enjoying some quality banter.

1 Like

Nothing, no I checked it out. Thanks for letting me know.

Have any other overseas members received their card, booklet, magnet etc. pack? I have my digital setup to watch games, that’s the main thing, but it would’ve been nice to get everything I’m entitled to before the season started.

We get to half a dozen max… we always give our seats away when we can’t make it. The club have been happy to email tickets whenever we’ve asked and (I believe) actually encourage this.

2 Likes

is that a special request you do? or is there a portal or w/e you log into to organise it?

if the latter fair enough, if the first just another facet where the club needs its ■■■■ together.

just frustrates me to no end how the clubs always begging for people to get down to games and create a hostile environment then don’t do anything to make it accessible especially when level 2 is practically a ghost town compared to the top and bottom decks.

I usually call but I believe you can print tickets online via the membership portal. Can’t be sure though.

1 Like

You can for Etihad games. For MCG I think you have to call like you said. I tried through the membership site last year to email Cats tickets to a mate and unfortunately he tried to print them out on game day, they didn’t work due to it being a different ticket seller andbthe club was closed being a Sat. Sorry for being long winded. :grin:

When I spoke to the membership dept on the phone Friday she said it’s better to call each time and they email the tickets otherwise they have experienced glitches with people doing it online.