Memberships

No, people aren’t thinking about football yet. Traditionally clubs ramp up focus end of January. Post the tennis, kids back at school and Xmas debts and low cashflow starting to ease.

I think @Dasher’s point was that it wasn’t a public holiday when they called.

3 Likes

Exactly. It’s peak membership season too I would have thought.

Yes but it’s the holiday period. If think majority reasonable minded fans would allow them a couple of weeks break like most of us do.

No it’s not. Peak membership season is between early November to early December and Feb / March. It goes dead around Xmas / new year coz people distracted by Xmas, parties, family, cricket, tennis etc and paying for their Xmas presents.

Of course everyone is entitled to a holiday break. But you don’t get what the problem is so it’s time to move on.

2 Likes

There is no problem… Membership office opens next week.

Thanks . I was just about to ask on here if anyone knew when the membership dept was re opening. As I sent them an email over a week ago.

Just got back from holidays to our membership packs. @ruxpin and I are 10 year members so got the big packs. Our sons got the junior ones with a bag each in them. :thinking:

Guess it’s to be expected when I see how many people have had membership cards stuffed up.

I love how i was a 11 year member last year then put me back to a 2 year as i couldn’t afford it during COVID.

3 Likes

That seems like something they could rectify (if you wanted it rectified). There is probably some system default around that, and unless they are advised, they just wouldn’t know.

1 Like

I’d almost bet that more members have the wrong number of years on the club’s records than those with the correct figure.

1 Like

Nice logo placement!

Could anyone please explain why or the reasoning behind (membership office replied today) the need to purchase my own lanyard to hang my $500 membership card on? Are they trying to help the environment, make money or did someone just forget. I would like to know the logic behind the change.

I have a dozen lanyards thanks to the EFC. Suffer, latecomers!

3 Likes

I got my memebership pack today

I fork out over $800 a year and all I get is a card and a sticker…is that the most pathetic excuse for a membership pack in the history of the world

9 Likes

Clearly yes

1 Like

My 3.5 year old got a back pack and a football, she insisted it hung it front of her Peppa Pig on her bedroom door tonight :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I’m guessing for $800, you’re getting a lot more than just a card and a sticker!
Maybe just get a basic bronze membership then if the bonus gifts are what’s most important in your membership purchase.

2 Likes

Random ‘looking after members’ story.
I recall in 2019 when I was leaving my workplace a mate said what did I want as a going away gift.
So my workmates chipped in and gave me a $150 Bomber shop voucher.
I took the voucher into the Bomber shop at The Hangar and they said “nah mate you can’t use it here. Only for online purchases”.

2 Likes