Memberships

I just want a 2% discount when we beat Westcoke by 2 points.

Does anybody know when round 1 tickets for our game go on sale?

Weirdly I have brought round 2 tickets already but round 1 not open yet.

59275 on the website today which seems comparable if slightly down on last year.

Triggered only with a $200 minimum spend.

Almost exactly the same. Freebies excluded, tracking to about 81-82,000. Need to offer those thoughtful ‘free’ flexi 1 gamers again to hit a record based on current tracking :thinking::smile:

Would the bomber shop.apply the $30 discount just by showing your membership?

Usually they do, and sometimes they even find discount codes you didn’t know you had.

I can’t recall, but are you supposed to get this every year? I am not in a milestone year but I got mine in the mail recently and all I received was my member card and some stickers

I got a email today from the membership dept telling me they are still waiting from a 3rd party to get the $30 vouchers. Hopefully by the end of the month they should have them

1 Like

MCG tickets sale dates

1 Like

Essendon just put out on their website that tickets were on sale from Tuesday the 21st.

Deadset got no idea sometimes this club

Ah yep,and Ticket master/AFL says 27 Feb… so WTF?

Ill just fire up the Delorean

I’m going to do my annual post on this as I’m weighing it up again.

Is AFL membership better than Club membership… discuss?

Club membership sees all money go to club, not partly to the AFL.

AFL membership value if go to non Essendon games. Also, Essendon home games at Marvel has limited seating for AFL members, if Essendon doing half decently, you may struggle to access Marvel with AFL packages.

Yep, the non-Essendon games is why I went AFL.

If we are playing garbage, I’ll just go watch good teams play.

3 Likes

you may get more access to games and the cricket too via AFL membership, but i personally prefer having a reserved seat club membership

i sit amongst essendon fans solely, i’m located in a far better part of the ground, and im guaranteed access to games i want to attend without having to upgrade my membership, except for fully ticketed away games (which are rare)

What about attending games with others, do you have the ability to do this? (i.e. buy tickets next to your reserved seat?)

not exactly.

There are ways around this though. Typically i just sneak people into the members section if there are spare seats available

I tell my mates to buy the cheapest ticket to enter the ground, then once I have got to my seat, i walk back out with two memberships, hand my mate one, and they dont have to re-scan to enter our section. They simply need to show an attendant.

Mrs Fox and I have cancelled our AFL membership as we get no value from it at all. I was a Member from 1979 when it started at Waverley Park, but over the past few years it has got more difficult to get good seats in the AFL members area and it is just not worth the $900. It was ok when we were guaranteed a Grand Final seat, but that is no more.

We are Bomber Hi Mark members, and if we want to go to other games we pay the price.Still works out cheaper than continuing with AFL

3 Likes