Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

196cms of physical perfection.

It’s time to suit up this guy as our AFL ruck:
justin-crow-72b0a7e4-3c44-4175-9548-8efa646d548-resize-750

1 Like

Justin Crow?

1 Like

If we got Knoll would we have taken the 2 picks and got Snelling as well?

I don’t think it was ever about drafting a player to outperform Clarke, it was drafting a player who could replace Draper as the theoretical 3rd number 1 ruck option, given that Clarke had been battling injury, Bellcho was looking tired and Draper was gone for the season.

We still had McKernan, but I would have thought his role was/is number 2 ruck + forward.

So now with Bellchambers gone for a sizeable amount of time we’re a Zac Clarke calf twinge off forcing McKernan to #1 ruck with backup from Hooker or Brown or Hartley or whoever. This will terribly impact both our midfield competitiveness and the rest of our structures. (and will likely break McKernan)

It’s done now, but it was bewildering at the time and remains so. Just now it’s clear that we’ve exposed ourselves to larger risk.

I’m kind of hoping Jok is fit soon, as after Clarke and McKernan he’d have played the next most ruck minutes of anyone on our list at lower levels.

But really we just have to hope Clarke stays fit while Bellchambers is out. Fingers crossed.

Was just about our BOG in his only game for us, a VFL final where we pulled most of our AFL players out at the last moment.

We were lined up to take both Knoll and Snelling. Sydney knew we wanted Knoll, snapped him up and we had no backup option.

1 Like

How happy he must be running around the NEAFL when he could have been running around the MCG next week.
Well done Swans!

To be fair, that decision is a win for them this week!

Hopefully the only one.

Sounds like Sinclair’s shoulder is gone, so maybe he’ll get a run at Sydney after all.

1 Like

I hope he plays for Sydney and I hope he looks like the biggest potato to ever play the game and Clarke gets 3 Brownlow votes.

1 Like

Bit of necromancy on this thread, but I said this at the time of the mid-season draft and I stand by it.

Would you settle for a plane and just leaving them in Adelaide?

1 Like