Midfield Trade Targets

I had my doubts

Hold on a second. Do we actually know that he can play midfield?

I want some inside contested ball midst and a defender who can spoil. I nearly imploded last night with the amount of forward half marks to Sydney.

2 Likes

That generally wasnt an inability to spoil. It was an inability to even get to the contest on many occasions! We got totally and utterly outpositioned everywhere.

7 Likes

First rounder + Francis for Dylan shiel please

4 Likes

No you don’t. With no saga we get Zerrett with our second rounder. We’d also have a 2013 first to have used.

2 Likes

Based on WHAT??? You’re assuming he would have fallen another 6-7 draft spots.

Sure. Nobody else seemed particularly interested in him.

Getting Stringer, whether right or wrong, you probably have to sell the fact he will get midfield minutes with us. I’m not for or against us getting him, but to get him to commit to us, and not want to be traded anywhere else, we probably have to go down that path. At best he’s a burst player through there and you rotate him off a forward flank. He wouldn’t solve the glaring weakness we have inside the contest as he’d be an outside type of player anyhow…

Hey lets go full retard & suggest we would have got him as a rookie after Dodoro picked up Cripps, Dumont & Ben Brown. He waited 15 years to get to that draft & his plans were foiled by the saga. Poor Adrian :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Cale Hooker would help

2 Likes

Any player that isn’t a KPP or Ruckman should be playing some time in the midfield. That’s a requirement of the game in 2017.

2 Likes

Because our forward line will function so much better with him not there

Fair point, but he’d be forward/mid more than mid/forward. We probably need the latter. If he was all that we could get, would you take the punt? Maybe. If this draft is as shallow as being reported it might be a good time to trade out a first rounder. If we could get Rockliff in FA and Stringer that would be handy, that being said we will probably not make any big signings…

1 Like

Is O’Brien worth an upgrade?

No.

3 Likes

He’s not a rookie so you’d have to draft him, not upgrade him. Aint gonna happen.

Rockliff? Would he be on our radar?

We just haven’t been linked to him.

A contested, balling winning, clearance beast is what we need ASAP. Does anyone know any genuine midfielders we have been linked too besides Kelly?