Midfield Trade Targets

Cant really be unhappy with the statement.

Its what we’ve all been asking for, so gotta give credit for that.

As always the proof will be in the pudding.

For me the the most interesting soundbite was:

…with the way we have been able to manage our salary cap so that we can be a little more aggressive

Cap management is both art and science and we need to be setting the pace in this regard to be any chance of improving in the way we want and need to.

Going to be an interesting couple of months ahead.

1 Like

Until it actually happens it is a hollow statement just like “we are not here to make up the numbers”

11 Likes

'well guys we tried but there was no one on the market that matched our parameters of ‘good bloke’

Biggest assault doesnt really mean anything.
Like going from throwing a rolled u piece of paper to a pop gun.
Weve done jack ■■■■.

Ummm how exactly do we get Cripps? No Saga & we still play finals so Carlton still finish before us so still have the pick for Cripps. Besides that you know we would have picked McCarthy :smile:
As for Bonner, we had 2 chances to pick him up a few picks earlier & didn’t so I think its fairer to suggest we would have still be aiming for Morgan or Redman.

1 Like

The club comes out and makes the right statement, the one people are asking for. The response: oh boo hoo wah wah wah let me be as negative as possible and look for something to bag the club over.

5 Likes

They were casuals ffs.

It was a media comment.

I don’t care what the club says its going to do but talk is basically all we’ve got for a while now so a bit less talk more action is reasonable to want.

1 Like

Enough talk from the club. Action is what we want.

2 Likes

I’m going to hold off on the “empty words” stuff until at least day one of the trade period when actions are allowed to actually happen.

5 Likes

I desperately want them to do something. We have been burnt in the past so excuse some of us being weary about what the club says and subsequently does.

2 Likes

Aim for Kelly and Lever…

Get Hansen and Hunt…

So the CEO has come out made a statement closely aligned to what we’re all hoping for and people still find reason to hand a whinge.
I guess until the pain of yesterday wears off there’ll be no pleasing many.

FWIW I think Parish and McGrath will both become excellent clearance players and Mutch and Begley will be the big bodies where all hoping for.
Added to that the club’s putting a lot of work into Langford to turn him into what we need - they know what we need.
I think we’ll look back and realise we had the clearance players we’re all crying out for, it’ll just take a little time for them all to come on.

2 Likes

I think Xavier nailed it yesterday.
We need a key back (Hooker’s a forward now) and a classy quick mid.
Lever and Kelly would perfect, though I doubt we’ll get either.

1 Like

Steven May Please

2 Likes

Stringer and Libba supposedly are still celebrating last years grand final with 8 other players and have split the team

Alot are playing baseball as well

Strriiiiiiiike two!

2 Likes

Re-signed for 2 more years recently

I’d take Libba and Stringer.
Both damn good players when they are on.

2 Likes

Yeah we don’t need singular… We need a plural.

2 Likes