Midfield Trade Targets

Is this legit? Source?

And that’s the problem

I have one player in mind that we should throw literally everything at.

Luke Parker.

Right age bracket. The perfect player to complement our side.

I would be happy to pay him 900k +

4 Likes

i think a massive improvement would be to get 3 considerable upgrades to our midfield rather than super stars,

2 Likes

I would argue that one superstar. Say Parker. Would considerably upgrade every other mid on his own.

We need that player who gets 18 contested possessions and 8 clearances a game consistently

1 Like

I’m thinking those mids like adelaide that aren’t the crouch brothers/rory sloane. all offer a lot defensively, can spread, run at a certain pace, and hit targets. I actually think given time begley will be able to be that 5+ clearance mid we need. and if we could somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat and entice the rockliff, we’ll be quite a long way to our next proper tilt in 2-3 years.

I don’t think theres a feasible way to do while we still have hooker/hurley on the list/their prime.

We need an inside/clearance machine then a genuine key position backman who is not inept like Hartley and more skilled than Ambrose.

1 Like

No one in here wanted the club to come and say something now, we want the club to do something constructive in trade period.

Last year with Stewart was a good start. Now time to really role the dice, roll up the sleeves and tell Connors to get Kelly here for 1.3m and STFU

9 Likes

Ollie Wines for me. Contracted till end of 2018 I believe and has displayed no real indications on wanting to leave Port, but damn fine inside mid entering into his prime. Will need to ‘assault’ with heavy cheque book if he even wavers slightly on staying on at Port beyond his current contract.

Do like Parker as well and same sentiments

3 Likes

Ken Oath. I’m sick of people carrying on about never landing a big fish. (conveniently leave Goddard out of the conversation here) And when we come out and make a big statement confirming what we all want, the sooking to the opposite begins. It’s like reading a political forum.
Also the cries of not wanting to give up our first pick for someone because they want to use it on an untried 18yo. Give me a break. At least when you trade for someone decent it’s a known substance. The key is to not sell the farm to make it work.

We’ll end up getting a class but incredibly slow midfielder.
Then get another midfield who is ■■■■■■ quick, but can’t kick for ■■■■■.

We will be fine if Clarke pans out ok. To add to these. I know he has a knock on his kicking, but correct me if I’m wrong he had no trouble finding the pill right?

1 Like

Oh, we just need a guy who consistently racks up 8 clearances? So simple!

I doubt anybody’s ever racked up 8 clearances a game over any sort of stretch, much less a season, and anyone who gets close is not going to be easy to get.

" we just need that player who kicks 19 goals a week"

Cripps 8.8 last year over 21 games, Fyfe 8.6 the year before over 20, Liberatore 8.3 in 2013 over 22. You’re right that they wouldn’t be easy to get.

3 Likes

Consider me corrected. Would I be correct in saying not even any of those lofty and massively ungettable names could back it up?

Correct, that’s all of the people who’ve done it in the last 10 or so years and they all only did it once. I went checking assuming you’d be right, was surprised to see anyone had done it. Also Dangerfield this year is the only player to average 18+ contested possessions a game in the last ten years.

3 Likes

While it is great they have come out with the statement, I would rather be making the observation after trade period that we had done the job. I hope we (like other clubs Hawthorn and Sydney for example) have targeted the people we want and are waiting for them to finish in the finals before surprising the AFL with who we have landed.

Tom Rockliff averages 6 per game and is available. He would make us an instantly better team.

15 Likes

I was under the impression he is only going to Adelaide or staying put. Has something changed?

1 Like

Need Green to get in his ear if we are keen.

1 Like