Midfield Trade Targets

What I’d quite like, that’s (barely) realistic.

29 for Kennedy
11 for Salem & 26
26 & Hartley for Stringer
Trengove from Port FA
Balic DFA/cheap as chips
Grigg, Hill and Hind
Maybe a long shot Dodoro special tall late in the draft. Or Ryan if still there.

3 Likes

Do I have the thread for you (the answer is 3 picks, but any number of rookie upgrades count towards that)

2 Likes

Ants,
The 29 for Kennedy seems a little cheap. Is his value commensurate with Salem?

What’s Balics inside/ outside balance?

GWS is often a touch cheap.
Balic is I think more outside.

Salem has a thyroid issue that keeps flaring and halting his fitness, doesn’t he? skilful player but hasn’t quite “made” it.

I personally didn’t rate Balic from what I saw of him. Couldn’t work out what type of player he’d become, seemed to float around a bit but never really impacted with the footy.

Starting to come around to Miles.
34 touches in their 11 goal win over the Dorks in the VFL Prelim.

2 Likes

He’d be in our best 22 right now. Not sure thats a good thing though.

1 Like

How old is he?

25 I think

We are probably going to need an experienced clearance player from somewhere.

What I really dislike however is fact that Tigers upgraded him by getting Prestia / Caddy and then left him in VFL.

Limitations as footballer at AFL level. Prestia has more pace. Caddy ability to go fwd / medium marking target.

I suppose we don’t really have trust in Langford stepping up as yet so perhaps still need that type of player, a better version of Bird.

Stop gap but seems to be able to win a hardball and get lots of it so wgy the fark not

He’d be 26 by the time next seasons starts.

Re Miles, I think we have already reached our midget quota already.

1 Like

What about Tim Kelly?
I mean Salem for 11 and we get 26 wtf?

Which miles? Cos other than Blondie no effing way*

Oops, I was remember the name wrong. Subtract “Hill”, add “Tim Kelly”. Where the hell did I get the name Hill from???

Salem has struggled to break into their side, and if Melbourne really want to trade him high high could his value be? Or are you saying I’m paying too much? He was a pick #9 and he’s averaged over 20 possessions this year - only Zerrett from our 2012 to 2014 drafts could beat that.

People are being far to critical of Miles.

I would give him a spot on the list in a heartbeat.

Absolute bargain value.

6 Likes

Salem doesn’t cut the mustard…no speed, injury prone before breaking into the side and something about witches brew?
Yeah maybe Grant Hill drinks sprite?
Was looking forward to Jye Bolton but since he said no to Franga does that mean he says no to playing for a Melbourne club?
While we throw some names around what about
Cam Ellis Yolmen
Brady Grey
Jarrod Harbrow

Would look at

But Myers, Bird and Howlett dominate the VFL… What does this tell us?