Midfield Trade Targets

Agree, the critics would be screaming for us to draft him if he played in our vfl team.

Zac Williams from gws would be a gun if played full time midfielder and could get him for a second rounder. Dangerous around goals too but i think he is contracted for next year.

1 Like

No way would they accept a 2ñd rounder

2 Likes

Nick Hind is going to be agun
If wedont get him bulldods will like they did with tory Dickson

1 Like

Stringer
Stronger
Younger

2 Likes

I’ve been saying it for weeks now. He would come cheap and his best is AFL standard. I would have him over Myers every day of the week.

2 Likes

I would raid these a$$holes. Now is the time to strike.

C’mon Ollie!

Candidates for the Gold Coast coaching job have been spooked by Ken Hinkley
ANDREW HAMILTON, The Courier-Mail
September 17, 2017 5:39pm
GOLD Coast has been forced into a holding pattern in its search for a new coach with candidates reportedly spooked by speculation Port Adelaide’s Ken Hinkley had already been offered the job.

Suns CEO Mark Evans was prompted to contact Sydney’s Stewart Dew and reassure him no offer had been made to Hinkley after the Swans’ assistant delayed going through the formal interview process.

Interim coach Dean Solomon also opted against applying for the position but told The Courier-Mail it was only because the timing didn’t feel right.

SUNS REVIEW: WHY THE SUNS ARE BURNING THEMSELVES

TRADE NEWS: CATS WOULD BE ‘DEVASTATING’ WITH GAZ

TOM LYNCH: LYNCH WON’T WALK OUT ON SUNS

He remains interested in staying at the club next year as an assistant but has yet to sign a contract.

The footy rumour mill ramped up on Friday with speculation Hinkley was about to walk out on the Power after he spent extended periods in CEO Keith Thomas’ office.

Ken Hinkley is being chased by the Gold Coast. Picture: AAP Images
It prompted Port to release a statement confirming the Suns had made an approach to Hinkley’s manager Peter Blucher but insisting he would see out the life of his contract.

Dew, who has strong contacts at Port Adelaide where he was a 2004 premiership player, decided he did not wish to continue with the interview process until Hinkley’s intentions became clearer.

He would also automatically be a frontrunner at his old club if it was suddenly on the hunt for a new coach.

Port say a new contract will be presented once the end of season review into the football department is completed.

But Hinkley has kept quiet as his bargaining position with Port Adelaide skyrockets due to the Suns’ interest.

Odds_Banners_AFL.jpg

He is clearly the preferred candidate but the Suns insist they will not wait for him and will continue the selection process.

The Suns say they were initially compelled to contact Blucher after hearing from multiple sources that he was unhappy in Adelaide.

He is said to be frustrated by outspoken chairman David Koch’s public comments on football matters.

It is understood Koch has also spoken to Hinkley in recent days in an attempt to smooth the waters.

Hinkley spent time as an assistant coach at the Suns and remains extremely close to key figures such as Solomon, former football director and coterie group ambassador Malcolm Blight and co-captains Steven May and Tom Lynch.

He is also one of the few people Gary Ablett seeks counsel from.

Dean Solomon is out of the race to coach the Suns. Picture: Getty Images
How Koch reacts and what happens to Ablett is the most fascinating scenario in the Suns’ pursuit of Hinkley.

The Suns have muttered threats of forcing the four-time club champion to retire if he asked to move back to Geelong next season.

However their stance on the sanctity of a contract will be lessened if Hinkley was to breach his with Port Adelaide.

I reckon Solly would be a good fit as a senior assistant for us.

4 Likes

You’re kidding they’d want a top 20 pick? They’d do well to get a mid 2nd round
 He’s soft. outside. uninspiring. The bloke they got at Pick 50odd in the same draft has torched him

1 Like

lel

Pick 11 and steak knives for another 1st round pick and two players that they’ll argue are worth or late 1st rounders themselves

really. lel

careful mate. hanging by a thread there

Give Ollie Wines a phone call.

“Hey mate, your coach thinks your CEO is a ■■■■, and is looking to head to the Gold Coast. How would you feel about coming to play for the best footy club in the country. You can write your own cheque. We have spongy floors.”

10 Likes

Delicious.
Fanarkling oath, you’d say
‘Wait, the Port head coaching job is available? I’ll get back to you, GC.’

I’d be leaving cap space to throw the absolute sink at Toby Greene. Off contract end of next year.
Yeah I’m serious.

2 Likes

Gosh, we’re good at wanting forward pockets.

But, I agree.
Quality is quality and if you can get it then you get it.
Yes, I know, like a man whose wife doesn’t understand him, we have needs.

But
if you build it they will
alright, this post has got away from me.

5 Likes

i would like to see us grab brady grey from freo he is a tough nut

So the Crows are asking for 2 first rounders for Lever. I agree he is a good player
but 2 first rounders? He isn’t THAT good.

4 Likes

Ambit claim is ambit.

4 Likes

Well there is a name I didn’t think would come up in trade considerations.

He hasn’t done much.

not a lot but has had limited opportunity wouldnt cost much just like the way he plays fearless and has opposition players looking over their shoulder like walla could be delisted maybe a rookie proposition