Midfield Trade Targets

Has ■■■■ about him too. what he did to Luke Dahlhaus was bad but the way he grabbed the game scruff after that incident got me hard.

Would offer him a massive contract and mid field

2 Likes

Where did the Stringer thread go?

Geelong

10 Likes

Don’t follow

Where did the stringer thread go

It went to Geelong

Now that I’ve had to explain it, it was a lame gag

5 Likes

This is our biggest problem. Heppell was our highest ranked clearance player at 29th (and I consider him more of a HBF). Next is Jobe at 39th and he has sailed off into the sunset to make coffee. In other words, one player in the top 40 for clearances. Blatantly obvious that we need line breaking players - units with power, pace and mongrel in the middle. Our forward efficiency (scores from inside 50s) was very good in 2017, but with Joey about to hit his prime, imagine how good it would be if our forwards had more supply.

2 Likes

So what your trying to say is he nominated Geelong?

no ■■■■ sherlock

1 Like

I said I’d be interested in Smith depending on price. He’s out of contract, missed games, and on the fringe of their best 22. Doesn’t have a great DE. You are likely to get him for unders, he’s an upgrade on Colyer, and if he comes good when given midfield time could be a bargain.

Greene is contracted.
Greene is a back to back AA.
Greene plays a role that GWS is short of and desperately need.
Greene is one of the most missed players in the team when he doesn’t play.

GWS would rightfully demand the world, and if you didn’t give it would say “we’ll give ourselves a year to change his mind”. There is no way he wouldn’t cost more than he’s probably worth. And you would still be taking a gamble that he could be turned into an effective midfielder. If that doesn’t come off, you’ve spent heaps of draft value getting a player who will only marginally improve the side.

Hence why I have no interest in Greene whatsoever.

Which others? They ones they’ve been re-signing are out of contract.

Greene would be one we can pinch and contracts don’t mean squat now days.

1 Like

Yep. Amazing how powerful Adelaide is with Gibbs in the team…

And if you think you could “pinch” one of GWS’s most important players while contracted, I’ve got some land to sell you.

2 Likes

We’ll If i were at Essendon I would start laying the foundations now so by the time the 2018 trade period comes he will ask for a trade to us.

1 Like

Wrong! Try these three for starters. Extensions, not out-of-contract. http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-07/good-news-come-in-threes-for-giants

What exactly do you see as laying the foundations? I have seen that phrase mentioned quite a few times (not just you) and I was just wondering what that entails, apart from telling him that, as a club, we are interested in acquiring his services.

Well I would offer him a big contract gives him something to think about when his next GWS contract comes up also means we will be way out in front before other clubs come knocking.

2 Likes

As to your other points, as previously mentioned, he has one-year left on his deal. It is naive to think players nearing the end of their contracts can’t be traded. IMO, the Giants have been disrespectful of his talent - prolly due to his onfield indiscretions. Making him sweat on a new deal. They deserve to lose him. As for the money, now that we have missed out on Dusty & Kelly, I say throw the sink & your land for sale at any contracted bulls - such as Greene or Parker & those seeking a (put up for) trade, Stringer, etc.

1 Like

If anyone’s sweating on a new deal for Greene, it’s gws. Every time he sets foot on the field his value goes up, and considering they gave him the B&F last year, I’d suggest they’re well aware of his value to the team.

Also aware of the wranglers they’d need to manage him.

Ah, that’s their 2016 draftees. That’s standard practice now days.

Got any senior players contracts that were extended this year? Anyone who was contracted to 2018 that is extended other than a draftee?

He’s not being disrespected. Senior players don’t have their contracts extended the year before they’re due except for extraordinary circumstances.

Have you got any evidence as to why he’d be unhappy at GWS, why GWS wouldn’t demand the earth, that they don’t rate him (especially as @SplitRound said they gave him the B&F last year), or why they would consent to a trade? He’s a hell of a lot more important to them right now than Gibbs is to Carlton.

But a bit spicy and tastier !