Midfield Trade Targets

He was very good last week. And good this week. That’s 6 qtrs

I get that. He is an enigma.

But blitz goes on and on about players playing well in finals.

Well…here he is getting it done in finals.

True. And he did well last week also.

1 Like

He is a 3x upgrade on Colyer.

I’ve said it before, would look at him as a free agent.

His field kicking and decision making today have both been excellent.

I dont want that guitar twanging flog anywhere near our club

3 Likes

Can I ask for some objective reasoning?

No thanks. No more inconsistent players at efc.

1 Like

ok, hes a sh#t musician and an inconsistent footballer who plays poor football more so than good football and keeps turning up to pre-seasons unfit

2 Likes

I asked for objective lol

1 Like

If you were confident he’d rock up fit and put in 100% for every week of the year, he’s absolutely worth picking up.

But if he was going to do those things, he’d already have a contract…

Age old conundrum.

1 Like

I agree with this.

But high talent.

Now played well in Finals.

If you could back yourself to get 95% out of him you’d go there. So if we did pick him it would be because we think we can get the best out of him.

I’d be up for that.

He’s almost as likable as Lindsay Thomas.

Just to add to your point HAP.

Travis Varcoe played well in a Grand Final once and has subsequently forged a career for himself based off of about 2-3 quarters of work in 2009.

Righto.

I’m gonna call it.

Any danger of someone using a white person as an example and not a black person.

Blitz is now comparing the character and consistency of Thomas, Motlop and Varcoe.

Subconscious bias can sometimes be at play.

Flame away.

3 Likes

For a musician he’s a ■■■■ footballer.

Can someone elaborate on the possibility of getting Saad from GC? I think he would be a brilliant get - will be of more value than Stringer to Essendon IMO - I think he is a a silky midfielder waiting to happen.

Can we also snag Touk Miller next contract too? He is classy and hard as nails, thanks.

1 Like

josh green except not a grandfinal, and got delisted by brisbane.

Seriously if Steven Motlop came to Essendon, id run over to the TVSC and smash that stupid grandpas guitars over his head

2 Likes

Motlop is FA? Would take in a heartbeat. Maybe he’s trying to lift his stock, who knows, but I saw gut effort both games and last night was visibly blood red on the bench and appeared to be pretty emotional, face in towel with the realisation it was over. Better than mercurial and better than a lot of ours.

7 Likes

When were they shopping him around?

“Two or three years ago, you could have gotten him (Toby Greene) for a bag of chips,” Paul Roos told Fox Footy’s League Teams on Thursday night. When we did the Dom Tyson and Josh Kelly (trade), they were handing him out.”

Not annoyed at all, as your incoherent dribble hasn’t knocked anything down.

Greene might be the best midfielder going around next year.

Hang on a second. You now concede that he is a midfielder or will magically become one next year? This all started when you became annoyed by my post challenging your assertion that Greene played in a position that we have no need for. In the very next breath, you said that you were keen on Devon Smith. Not only did you completely contradict yourself (re: Greene/ Smith comment) (your fallback position re: bringing in Smith cheaply makes zero sense when we have NO NEED (emphasis mine) for someone in that position). You also have little clue as to Greene’s background and ability to play as a midfielder. This is what I call ‘not a good opinion’.

But don’t try and add justifications…

Is that an order? I will happily ignore this.

There is plenty of evidence to say he would be expensive

Such as? A completely subjective statement that has little chance of standing up to scrutiny.

Again, to reiterate, I would love for us to target Greene and rotate him through the middle, while the others (Parish, McGrath, etc) are developing. Greene can play as a mid and is exactly the type of hard-nosed, bullocking player we need. You feel differently, which is OK. Consistently arguing the point isn’t going to change anything.

1 Like