Midfield Trade Targets

If Sheeds was still in charge, I know who we would be getting.

1 Like

Bulldogs had a midget brigade, won a granny just a little while ago

1 Like

Mitch Wallis 186, Marcus Bontempelli 193, Lachie Hunter 183, Jack Macrae 191, Josh Dunkley 190, Libba 183, Lin Jong 188

Itā€™s only really Daniel and Dalhouse in the midget group.

3 Likes

Agree with Yaco.

Wallis and Jong didnā€™t play and bont and McRae donā€™t really play a big body game, Dunkley played forward a lot and Josh Kennedy looked set to take the game away from them until libba reined him in in the second half.

I take your point though and agree. They donā€™t have a real midfield beast though and there game was built around very very quick hands, spread, and incredible work rates across the board

Rockliff can and has turned quite a few games on its head from his own boot, either by delivering the ball to the forwards from a centre clearance or kicking goals himself.

But nahhh we donā€™t need a player like thatā€¦weā€™ve prayed for player like that since our 2001 GF loss.

7 Likes

Stringer can and will play midfield.

Heā€™s exactly what we need.

8 Likes

Yep, zero thought put into that post. Stand corrected, at a not towering 5ā€™11ā€

1 Like

Libba and Wallace are their most bash and crash but I think the advantage of big midfielders is more than just that. Bont uses his size differently, jumps at the stoppage and get his hands to the ball before other players, is harder to tackle as his arms can get so much higher + the obvious strength, pushes forward, becomes a better target around the ground etcā€¦ bigger and stronger players should they be equal in pace, agility, football ability offer your team increased flexibility. Iā€™m not saying their isnā€™t room for small players in our game anymore but we are seeing a theme across the competition due to the athletic quality of elite players, that big is beautiful.

Perhaps I just notice more at my towering 5ā€™9" vantage.

1 Like

Canā€™t believe some of the names in here, Balic, Morris, McKenzie as good targets for Essendon.

Yet in the Stringer thread we have a dead set gun, one of the best talents in the AFL and people are all ā€˜not for a top 20 pickā€™. Are you kidding me!

Letā€™s chase spuds who canā€™t get games in average sides, who all have various on or offfield issues. Yet go half hearted for Stringer because he likes the TAB a bit Mutch.

Stringer should be our main target and we should do everything to get him. You just donā€™t get access to talent like that often, and especially talent that is proven at AFL level.

12 Likes

Would take Stringer in a heartbeat.

Would like Balic also.

1 Like

You think the dogs want Stringer gone just because he ā€œlikes the TAB a bit too muchā€?

1 Like

I still think that pick 11 is an absolute bargain.

4 Likes

@redbull 's head will explode if we go after Lloyd on the back of the VFL gf. Lloyd is one year younger than rocky

1 Like

Iā€™m sick of us being a retirement village for ex Geelong players

2 Likes

Welcome to Essendon Stevie J

3 Likes

Weā€™re getting Dangerfield!
In 6 years time!

5 Likes

You do realise I suggested mark Ricciuto in the same sentence right?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!