Midfield Trade Targets

As much as I like Sam he is not the answer. He is one of those players who can dominate at VFL level but doesn’t quiet have enough tricks to succeed on a regular basis when playing AFL. His game yesterday was a ■■■■■■ ripper though! Would love to see him get a call up but his last AFL game was the night the Saints did a number on the Tigers so it’s very unlikely.

1 Like

So should be after Toby Greene next year!

1 Like

Think it’ll be Sloane next year. Qualifies as FA. Long game, salary cap space, big fish etc.

6 Likes

Matt Crouch is up too I think and he is on peanuts there ATM

2 Likes

That would be massive, if they get the GF this year we might be a chance as he goes for the cash.

Isn’t it way too early to start the 2018 Festival of Delusion?

9 Likes

Don’t understand the Devon Smith love. We’ve already got a player whose spent most of his career injured and who is the most goal hungry, blinkered, selfish players from 50m in Myers. Why add another?

2018 free agents: Libba + Wallis + Dahlhaus

…instant midfield without spending a single draft pick. Doggies would never recover from the shock.

Are we allowed to straight swap our midfield for the bulldogs midfield + pick 11?

Devon Smith. Lol

It’s always the way.

We had a large band of people completely against us getting Goddard because he was too old, didn’t fit a need, only has 2-3 years left in him, need to pay him too much, etc etc.

Yet many of the same people wanted Ben Cousins.

No f*cking idea

6 Likes

I always thought he was Dylan Shiel. I don’t pay much attention to irrevelant factory teams.

4 Likes

Totally agree. But, you know Blitz. Won’t be happy unless we get someone. Doesn’t matter who.

we have the first part of that down pat… just not the develop part.

2 Likes

Well with James Kelly now in the coaching ranks i expect that to improve he’s been huge in helping McGrath.

Ablett is such figjam, requesting a trade in the middle of grand final week.

3 Likes

Anything to put a dent in the Tiger hype train hahaha

1 Like

Devon Smith is a good player but that is it. I think he’d be an improvement on Green but not by a huge margin.

I reckon he might have thought it would minimise the media around it. Kind of Paul Hamilton Brownlow night style…

He’s maybe an upgrade on bird
Maybe
Could play 3, even 4 games for us next year.